BTS and BH are exploiting ARMYs.

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by AmorFati, Jul 8, 2019.

1. inluvOT7

inluvOT7 Super Rookie

Currency:
    Didn't know so many people were concerned about ARMYs :rolleyes:.

2. Queeeenie

Queeeenie Leader

Currency:
    Are these people trying to 'expose' bighit/bts kpop fans or just random people?

3. SignsArentClear

Currency:
    K-pop is a lot about marketing. 99% of the music will not last in a year's time.

privateinfrench likes this.
  4. AmorFati

AmorFati Public Figure

Currency:
    pls if people see they'd notice most of their albums belong to different eras, there's the school trilogy where they talked about the school system, students feeling pressured bc of the parents etc, there's a break and they release Dark&Wild, then there's the hyyh trilogy where they talk about teens struggles, youth, society, MI, etc, then wings/ynwa is another break and then they start with the ly trilogy. why do folks wanna complain about the ly era so much and say it's overused but don't say the same about their past eras/trilogy? geez

5. AmorFati

AmorFati Public Figure

Currency:
    ok

6. SignsArentClear

Currency:
    Okie dokie, then.

7. Queeeenie

Queeeenie Leader

Currency:
    These are nothing but facts

8. Straw_berry

Straw_berry Super Rookie

Currency:
    LY message is a hard message to convey and that takes a lot of time. You can't just tell people go from point A to point D. You have to break down in-between steps ( B, C) to guide people in the right path. It definitely made more of an impact by dividing it in series. I've been learning new things about myself or how to handle situations with each comeback.

9. Flyingpetals

Flyingpetals Leader

Currency:
    Apple
    people said the same thing the day the survey came out too
    the fact that they're digging for spoilt tea screams desperation

and is that person on crack? I am crying
    the survey was literally centered around the fans own desires
    a multiple page questionnaire about ideas for fan contents and merch, and places bts should visit for concerts/vacation (bon voyage),
    for example questions about whether we purchase merch or not and what kind of merch we would want purchase in the future
    and all they see is one question concerning our mental health

"the most bizarre thing i've seen inKPOP"
    "the questions were SO AGRESSIVE"

LMAOOO

#29 Flyingpetals, Jul 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  10. qW12

qW12 Super Rookie

Currency:
    I never mentioned MOTS.

They actually changed styles with I need U. As stated by Suga himself when asked during that comeback in one of the many interviews they did why they switched from their hip hop based title songs he said going for more of a pop approach they thought that would make them do better commercially and on the charts.

11. Sameera96

Sameera96 Leader

Currency:
    Mf really can’t handle BH, BTS and Army can they. They trying to find ways to break our relationship up. Shit like this only makes us stronger tho.

12. AmorFati

AmorFati Public Figure

Currency:
    they did? i remember taking the survey but i didn't know that, just shows ppl are trying too hard to find dirt on them lmfaaao
    yes? duh, it's obvious, pop is more mainstream, ofc it'd help them in kr, it'd do better for them comercially than hip hop songs, but what does the message have to do with the genre??????????

13. Flyingpetals

Flyingpetals Leader

Currency:
    Apple
    yes they did

14. Queeeenie

Queeeenie Leader

Currency:
    Boy in Luv and to an extent, dark and wild werent really hip hop title tracks imo, not compared to no more dream and n.o. era.
    I need u was more commercial, but it wasnt the first title track with love as the topic, and they still kept the rap verses.
    I dont know which interview you are referring to tbh.
    The hyyh era came with an intricate storyline, they must have planned that in advance.
    This was still years before the love yourself series and the survey though.

suprememadisyn likes this.
  15. AmorFati

AmorFati Public Figure

Currency:
    even then, a song's genre don't have anything to do with the message so idk where they going at with that argument

16. _Nyx

_Nyx Public Figure

Currency:
    The fact that people think an ENTIRE concept can be made in a year is already enough to know they are idiots. Do they not realize how much time goes into making music in general? Let alone an entire concept which has been clearly going into works since 2015.

17. sandybee3

sandybee3 Celebrity

Currency:
    That survey issue seems far-fetched like really far-fetched (but wouldn't surprise me if it's true as companies always work with such methodes).

Nevertheless BigHit and BTS use these topic as some kind of concept and it works for them. As long as it's sincere i'm good, i mean if people feel empowered by listening to their music it's all good and nice to see.
    But people shouldn't forget that BigHit is just a company like everyone else, they work for money, they are not a charity organization, everything they do also has the goal to earn a lot of money.
    So i still got mixed-feelings i totally support the Love yourself motto, but the mental illness part is really something i got mixed feelings with, like i said If it's all sincere (well for now it seems so) i'm all good, but i just don't like to mess around with this issue tho, a lot of people dedicated their life to BTS because they see mental strength in them as they were or still are suffering from mental issues. Anything negative that could happen to BTS, like a scandal, member leaving or even disbandment could really to pull the rug out from under their feet. And it has now put BTS into a situation were they got more responsibility for their fans then they actually should.
    But thats just my opinion.

18. Jasmine_Waters

Jasmine_Waters Celebrity

Currency:
    Susan, the point is not in South Africa. But continue to feel bothered by a survey that came out before the LY Era conception began.

19. AmorFati

AmorFati Public Figure

Currency:
    i understand where you're coming from, but the issue here isn't that, ppl are saying bh did the survey for that reason which, objectively, isn't true since they've been working on the ly era YEARS before bh even did the survey and bts officially started the ly era before the survey took place.

20. Schecter

Schecter Rookie

Currency:
    Well BTS are idols this is what idols do they sell a concept and fans buy it even if they were doing that it's OK because those things are what idols are supposed to sell the things that fans wants to hear