BTS and BH are exploiting ARMYs.

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by AmorFati, Jul 8, 2019.

1. AmorFati

AmorFati Public Figure

Currency:
    Since it's already happening on Twitter, and I know one of y'all clowns will probably try to bring it up here on AKP with the fake concern lemme clarify this whole thing real quick before any of y'all try to drag them for it.

I'm gonna post cropped screenshots to not show the fandom where they belong so mods won't lock the thread for supposedly starting fanwars and bringing twitter drama. My purpose is not trying to drag the other fandoms but clarify this whole thing and clean BTS and BH's name :D

So recently some peeps are starting to show "concern" for BTS' fans because they think BTS and BH is exploiting us. Why? Because "BH did a survey in 2017 that contained a question about depression, and then released the LY albums."

IMG_20190708_184010.jpg
    IMG_20190708_184709.jpg
    IMG_20190708_184707.jpg
    IMG_20190708_185749.jpg

The thing is, folks are completely leaving out some stuff and changing some things so it'd fit their narrative of BH and BTS exploiting us.

What people are forgetting is:

BH didn't make that survey and then BTS released the albums.

• In 2015, Namjoon posted a letter on fancafe talking about the phrase Love Yourself. Maybe the one that suggested the idea. But it just shows it's been already a thing since years ago.
    • In 2016 March, BTS started working on the LY era and the message.
    • Then, in 2017 September 18, BTS released the first album of the LY era, Love Yourself: Her.
    • In 2017 September 30, BH posted a survey where they asked a series of question to fans. (IIRC, it was questions like how we met BTS, how much time do we consume their content, what kind of music do we like, and they asked about our moods, how we were feeling, if we're happy or sad and depressed, if we were working or are students, if we like other groups, how did we find out about kpop, favorite BTS songs, which ones would we recommend etc. You can see a video here of the questions). BH made a deadline, the survey period was October 1, 2017 to October 31, 2017.
    • Later in November they launched their LM #ENDViolence campaign with Unicef.
    BTS don't need a survey to know they should talk about MI or self love. They've already done that in some of their old songs.

And never did they release LY: Her after they received the answers to the survey, they've been working on it years before the survey took place.

I understand some folks dislike BTS and BH and wanna look for things to drag them, but if you're gonna do it at least do some research before.

Also, suggesting that BTS are exploiting us over this is such a foolish and ugly thing to say, and it's a serious accusation. There's a line. Don't cross it. This is not the first time this has happened, they've been constantly accused of doing that which it's concerning. I even remember folks saying they're faking their depression and make songs about MI for money. Just last year, when they broke down at MAMA and opened up about struggling at the beginning of the year to the point where they even considered disbanding, folks clowned their speech and said BTS were emotionally manipulating us and guilt-tripping ARMYs.

Y'all can't complain about knets dragging certain idols when they open up about their struggles, and then in the same breathe drag BTS for doing the exact same thing and accuse them of emotionally manipulating their fans. Everyone that does that is just as bad as the knets they love to complain about. Get a grip.

2. TheLadybug

TheLadybug stan IZ*ONE, BLACKPINK, and X1

Currency:
    forcing you to stan Chaeyeon
    Edit: ok I read it,,,, it's all good lol

#2 TheLadybug, Jul 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  3. AmorFati

AmorFati Public Figure

Currency:
    tldr ppl are saying that bc they think bts started the ly era after bh did a survey where they asked fans if we were depressed, i'm just explaining bts been working on the ly era since 2016 and released ly her before bh did the survey lol

4. AmorFati

AmorFati Public Figure

Currency:
    is this at me? i'm just clarifying certain things bc ppl are lying and i knew someone would try to bring this up on akp, so i wanted to end this drama before it even started

5. Mootae

Mootae Super Rookie

Currency:
    The funniest thing of all, is that the survey they're talking about had 1 page about mental health. That page was the last page out of 29 pages.

Twisting things to fit their narrative is nothing new. If they actually took the survey they'd know it was about gaining further insight of the market, the target demographic, of their audience. It was also a marketing strategy, questioning fans whether or not certain merch or opportunities would make them purchase other things (such as: if there was a paid membership that guaranteed merch, would you sign up for the membership?), as well as merch fans would want. I believe this is how BT21 came into play. It also questioned how we found out about BTS, what contents we pay attention to, and what made us like BTS in the first place. Our favorite genre, if we've ever been to a concert, what we liked about the concert, etc. The list goes on.

To dumb down this 29 page survey to the last page in order to prove a nonexistent "point" is very telling.

The survey can be taken here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd8p2PVeJIwe_N830-ZmW1QqlE3IZOVDBIL-bWnb7Nho9Do8Q/viewform
    You can all see for yourselves.

6. TheLadybug

Currency:
    oh lol I see thanks

bts: does anything good
    everyone: scAMMING! it's for aTTENTION! they want MONEY!!!!

suprememadisyn likes this.
  7. TheLadybug

Currency:
    nonono not at all I'm talking about the ppl who are complaining about bts exploiting armys lol
    I agree with your OP

8. jieuninus

jieuninus Uaena

Currency:
  9. AmorFati

AmorFati Public Figure

Currency:
    oh ok sorry hjsj

suprememadisyn and TheLadybug like this.
  10. Queeeenie

Queeeenie Leader

Currency:
    You should have read the post then.
    It isnt armys but other fans accusing bighit of exploiting bts fans.

11. sugaeatsbree

sugaeatsbree Public Figure

Currency:
    bread dog (original)
    bts have always done songs about loving yourself or mental issues so idk why this era is any different?

12. TheLadybug

Currency:
    I read it now >.<

13. Queeeenie

Queeeenie Leader

Currency:
    They opened up about their own self esteem issues in their music before 2017 when this survey was apparently released.
    I've been a fan for a while and this is the first time I'm hearing about this survey, like I dont think the majority of fans even know about it.

14. AmorFati

AmorFati Public Figure

Currency:
    idk either but ¯\(ツ)/¯

15. qW12

qW12 Super Rookie

Currency:
    I wouldn't be surprised if they did. They are in the business to make money as a company, that's priority #1 over spreading any woke message some think they do.

Reason why they switched music styles for the hip hop title songs they did. Just like band PD was saying in that mini documentary while shopping for records in the US he was trying to find what the newest trends are gonna be.

LY message was played out anyways. How many times can you talk about the same message over and over, it gets repetitive. Back then they talked about different subject matter, now its "how can i write another song about loving myself with the same recycled lyrics".

Danhoney and privateinfrench like this.
  16. AmorFati

AmorFati Public Figure

Currency:
    i did the survey when it was released, and i never thought of that, i genuinely found it to be a normal survey and i still do, folks are just reaching and lying

17. AmorFati

AmorFati Public Figure

Currency:
    that's not the point of my thread and 'he was trying to find what the newest trends are gonna be.' depression isn't some new trend

18. boringgirl

boringgirl Celebrity

Currency:
    Produce Trash
    Ah I remember taking the survey in 2017. It was like some 29 page survey asking fans about when they discovered BTS, why they liked them, if they buy their merch and whatnot. I was pretty confused of why they would ask fans about MI stuff but I never really questioned it at all and just went with it. Tbh when I first took the survey I thought it was some employee search survey that BigHit was having so maybe fans could be employed at BigHit. XD

But the people that are trying to use this survey as a way of dragging BTS isn't right. I knew that BTS was doing Love Yourself message promotions even before they released their first LY album. Like this stuff would be trending on Tumblr in 2016 even though I didn't know what it really was tho at the time (I wasn't a BTS fan until 2017).

I really don't think BTS or BigHit would do something like this to ARMY anyways. I hope this doesn't go trending on twitter an effect BTS in any way, they will be really saddened if people started assuming that their love for their fans will be misunderstood as some marketing hooligan.

To any ARMYs that are reading this, stay strong and you guys will get through this. Hwaiting

19. Queeeenie

Queeeenie Leader

Currency:
    That user really said 'glad they've been exposed and cancelled'

There is no exposition, bighit doesnt need to do a survey to know that there are people struggling with mental health.
    It's all around us.
    Most people have felt lost and confused and disillusioned at some point in their life, including BTS.

Do they think we're going to feel we've been taken advantage of? We haven't let some secret out.

Bighit's tagline is 'music and artists for healing'
    Healing.
    They want to make music that has a purpose,
    more power to them for that.

#19 Queeeenie, Jul 8, 2019
  20. Queeeenie

Queeeenie Leader

Currency:
    The love yourself series is over,
    MOTS: Persona didnt have any songs like that.
    Try again.
    They also switched styles after the first two mini albums, years before the love yourself series and before they blew up with BS&T.
    It's literally only LY: Tear and Answer that contained self-love messages.
    Of course the company wants to make money, we all gotta eat.

#20 Queeeenie, Jul 8, 2019