NEW FORUMS OPEN HERE

BP is the biggest artist in Asia

Discussion in 'Achievements' started by HardcoreBLINK, Nov 27, 2020.

Tags:
  1. HardcoreBLINK Married to @Closer

Currency:
    ✔✔✔

ill-pray-4-u and supertiffany like this.
  2. Everythingoes8

Everythingoes8 Super Rookie

Currency:
    at this point i dont really understand why armies keep paying attention to this man, i thought yall already learned

3. jkmj

jkmj A-List

Currency:
    Good for Blackpink that they have Lisa getting them those SEA streams. I guess I will never take certain groups international success seriously when it gets skewed to a particular region due to members originating from that region. But that is just me.

I am also amazed at how BTS is basically not just equalling but even surpassing them in certain SEA countries with no SEA member, that is laudable. Similar to how they have been pretty much competing with Twice head on in Japan or were able to hold their own against Exo in China. For me that alone makes BTS the biggest Asian group cause they do this without having certain advantages that the other groups possess courtesy their foreign members.

How incredible for BTS to keep attracting new fans and breaking into newer Asian markets like India while they are in their 8th year and considered an old group by many.

#143 jkmj, Nov 27, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    PinkBish, V_Sobi, Chifish and 6 others like this.
  4. AmmaAffa

AmmaAffa Idol

Currency:
    ARMY continuing to wipe the floor with hardy? Love to see it! :D

a_song_calling_f and Sameera96 like this.
  5. azhra-0110

azhra-0110 Public Figure

Currency:
    Lisa is from thailand which is not even close to contribute the highest % of streams, didn't know she was born in every sea country

HardcoreBLINK and ill-pray-4-u like this.
  6. jkmj

jkmj A-List

Currency:
    She is popular in SEA courtesy Thailand. Isn't it common knowledge? Anyway I still think it is amazing though cause other Thai idols do not have this popularity. Lisa is the MVP of BP outside Korea.

Flowercrew and a_song_calling_f like this.
  7. auspop

auspop Trainee

Currency:
    JAJAJA lol no

8. dujuduju

dujuduju Newbie

Currency:
    But LSG was released on National holiday.....thats why they had over 450k ul even before promotion and everyone was saying the same thing in digital thread that lsg first ‍2‍‍4hrs ul was affected by chuseok holiday.

9. itiswhatitisss

itiswhatitisss ♥EXIDitiswhatitisss♥

Currency:
    #2 HardcoreBLINK anti
    Ah yeah I forgot about that sfjdkg:sweatr:

10. azhra-0110

azhra-0110 Public Figure

Currency:
    She is for sure the biggest stan attractor but all members are huge in sea as seen in their instagram stats. I definitely agree bts' popularity everywhere especially japan (a country often closed to foreigners) is very impressive

I don't think the success of any group should be looked down just because they have member from certain country though. Twice has like 2 or 3 japanese members but likewise other groups do too and aren't even close to their popularity there.

11. onlyfacts

onlyfacts Super Rookie

Currency:
    1. You can't say "they are the biggest artist in asia based on ____"& "others dominate other more important factors so they're still not the biggest" in two sentences.
    Better sentence would be "Blackpink are the biggest artist in Asia digitally".

2. You are basing this off of one album's streams and views which is again not logical because one album cannot make someone bigger than the other. How about we do this for the year 2020 & then see what happens or the whole career?
    I'm only talking about digitals here because everyone know their other competitiions obliterate them in other areas i.e. Physicals & Touring.

Overall they are top 3 imo in Asia rn but cannot say they have even #2 assured.

#151 onlyfacts, Nov 27, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  12. dujuduju

dujuduju Newbie

Currency:
    Its like saying BTS got those international streams bcoz of jungkook...blackpink got those streams bcoz people love their songs.

13. Azaleastory

Azaleastory Rookie

Currency:
    I dont engage much in hardy's threads mostly because he doesn't make sense at all. But this is a fun read, reading all excuses armys put up to explain why bts streams lower than bp in Asia.. I mean

"Dont mention bp and bts in a same sentence, it a shame to bts achievements"

"How dare bp even dream of a grammy, that is disrespecting what bts achieved in this year"

And even in the most innocent treads which is like talking about bp achievements and how big they are without mentioning bts at all..

"Bp is not bts.. so they are not that different from other kpop groups. Their achievements are nothing, only a little ahead of x,y,z group"

"Bighit new gg will easily overtake bp"

That is the summary of responses I have seen from armys in every bp thread I have seen past few days, whether is has to do it bts or not, whether someone mentioned bts or not.

This thread is also same. Hardy didnt mentioned bts at all like his usual bait threads (which are I hugely disagree with). But those petty armys and trolls all influx this and start their lifelong mission of bringing down bp.

But this is funny, armys searching all of the reasons why bp's album is doing better in asia compared to bts.. I mean this is bts right? The top artist in the whole planet, who gives other groups a run for money, a fandom that can rival gp in every country..so how can a meager group like bp surpass them?

But they are all..

Bp has lisa..so they can easily have sea. (Lisa didnt born in every sea country and lisa isn't the only thai idol)

It is 7 vs 8 songs ( but with bts greatness and armys huge power will it be a problem?)

Bp has IC and HYLT as pre releases ( As if dynamite is not bigger than those two songs combined)

Bp had featuring artists (This is asia. We dont care much about whether it has american featuring artists or not, these asian streams are bp's and bp's alone)

Bp had more promo, bp had mediaplay ( I am not even going to talk about it. yg releases songs at worst possible timing with least promo.)

So armys lay down your answers.. it is really entertaining to read as long as you don't slut shame my girls

14. manikanta

manikanta Trainee

Currency:
    So you're telling me that there are people who are defending some record that is not even their own from strangers on the internet, that too with long ass essays.

Y'all ain't shit... This thing has 8 pages.......WHY ?... Go do something else...

HardcoreBLINK likes this.
  15. ill-pray-4-u

ill-pray-4-u Super Rookie

Currency:
    Teacher
    BTS wasn't even mentioned in the OP and the "BTS never comes in BP threads" crowd bombarded the thread anyway.

You can't change facts, and the fact is despite BTS' new album release, "The Album" is still the biggest album debut (digitally) in Asia. Is that an attack on BTS? Not at all. But if the facts make you think of your favs and you get offended, that's your problem.

Those embarrassing themselves throwing out every unrelated excuse they can muster is a good read though.

HardcoreBLINK and Azaleastory like this.
  16. Azaleastory

Azaleastory Rookie

Currency:
    Exactly. These same 10 users come and ruin every bp threads with addition of 1-2 trolls.

I mean if your fave is so great, why care about another group so much. I swear their mentality is so much like that of a bully gang. Some are entitled as fuck that I cringe reading their replies. I just hope these people are not in a superior position in real life for tha sake of people who work with them.

17. vestirse

vestirse Married to @lawyer

Currency:
    WINNING
    If Hardy is going to claim they are the biggest when it's not entirely true, of course people are going to react. In this case, he claimed they are the biggest in Asia while counting only one album released in October to an album released not even a week ago and conveniently left out KOREA and CHINA. You wanna know why people have a problem? Cause it's mediaplay and he admitted to that.

Screen Shot 2020-11-27 at 8.45.03 PM.png

18. Flowercrew

Flowercrew Trendsetter

Currency:
    BTS nanny
    All right then. Congratulations, BP is bigger than BTS in those 7 Asian countries. Big deal ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a_song_calling_f likes this.
  19. Flowercrew

Flowercrew Trendsetter

Currency:
    BTS nanny
    Lisa is indeed hardcarrying the group

a_song_calling_f likes this.
  20. z1

z1 Celebrity

Currency:
    Student
    Lmao another hardy thread blowing up. U guys never learn ur lessons do u. Anyways i see so many ppl saying why no korea when China, one of bp's biggest markets, is not inside as well since both korea and china dont use spotify. Cherry picking countries i see.

Anyways, both Bp and Bts has around the same for the highest streaming debut week in Asia ever. They are the biggest artists in Asia at the moment and if they continue like this, they might be the biggest artists in Asia ever

#160 z1, Nov 28, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2020