BLACKPINK VS 2NE1?

Discussion in 'Celebrity Zone' started by EmmyKookieMin, Feb 5, 2018.

?

Whos the better group?

1. Black Pink

29 vote(s)
    26.1%
  2. 2NE1

82 vote(s)
    73.9%
  1. EmmyKookieMin

EmmyKookieMin Trainee

Currency:
    Honestly I don't see a lot of similarities between the two groups. I fell like people make it seem like BP is a complete Copy cat of 2NE1. Sure Teddy writes their music so it KINDA sounds the same, but not really. Also their styles are complete different. In my opinion BP has a better styles.

What do you guys think?

wphd likes this.
  2. KIDLEADER

KIDLEADER Celebrity

Currency:
    Married to IU
    Well I can't compare them because BP has like 2 songs or smthg, while 2ne1 has a lot of songs, solos etc. BP still hasn't shown what they can do.

3. SangBawiUk

SangBawiUk Public Figure

Currency:
    Student
    BP is better duh those that say theyre copycat of 2ne1 are jealous and sad that 2ne1 disbanded.

EmmyKookieMin likes this.
  4. SangBawiUk

SangBawiUk Public Figure

Currency:
    Student
    TSK TSK. DO YO RESEARCH BP HAS 5 songs!! @.@ Thats so much!

EmmyKookieMin likes this.
  5. Adu

Adu Ace Of Hearts

Currency:
    Keep it simple. No bashing. Don't try to tear the other one down while complimenting your favoured group.

6. Yabie

Yabie Star

Currency:
    well i picked 2ne1 cuz i like their live performances. i think BP is still lacking alot compared to them when it comes to that.

both of them got nice music. BP just needs more music

7. jenstals

jenstals Leader

Currency:
    ...bye

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

yeolieraw likes this.
  8. HobiJayZlt3

HobiJayZlt3 Newbie

Currency:
    2ne1 is more better. BP can't even be compared to 2ne1 when it comes to singing. Rose vs Bom? Naahh Rose voice is not high, more like average. And Lisa and Jennie can't rap the way CL raps. CL raps fast and be slaying. Minzy is a dance Queen and four of them dances better than BP. And with concepts and styles, I bet you just watched a few of 2ne1's mv. Watch their It Hurts, Come Back Home, Happy, The Best, Falling in Love, Can't Nobody, Follow Me, I Love You, Lonely and Missing You, they're better. And look at their prosthetics and make-up, can BP would want to try those out? 2ne1 can rock and be slaying no matter how they look especially Dara. They'd be the definition of Tyra Bank's Ugly Pretty. And there's a lot of reasons why they are called legendary, I mean look man. BP is visually good but I think that's the only point they have compared to 2ne1. And this is just my honest opinion.

Cydney, Hanan_s, fraise09 and 2 others like this.
  9. HobiJayZlt3

HobiJayZlt3 Newbie

Currency:
    I noticed that too. Not an insult but sometimes their voices crack in their live performances.

Ravenclaw77 and Cielistium like this.
  10. Izzie2019

Izzie2019 Rookie

Currency:
    I am blackjack for life, but when yg announced that there was a new girl group, I was excited because 2ne1 was amazing so i though the legacy was going to continue. However blackpink doesnt seem to fit the yg old concept, they seem to cute to carry the swag that their concepts require. Blackpink has good music, their very pretty and overall they talented, but when you put them next to 2ne1 even in their rookie years, 2ne1 wins all day. 2ne1 was always amazing live, they concepts and style were always on point and the most important part, the four together fitted perfectly. Their bond seemed genuine, 2ne1 tv was always so nice and real. I seem biased because i love 2ne1, but i did actually try to love blackpink the way love 2ne1, but to me it seems something is lacking, their combination doesnt seem as special as 2ne1.

11. propanda

propanda Very Important Panda

Currency:
    I find it pretty same personally, it's not like BP is complete copy, but like daughter group. 4 members: 2 rappers- 2 vocalist (with one rapper also being vocalist). Teddy as composer. Having image that is more badass and "hip hop" (in kpop sense) than your average girl group. Fashion being vocal point of the group. Great English-skills, most members (3 in both groups) have grown up away from Korea.

I prefer 2NE1 due to liking the members bit more, somehow haven't gotten into BP's members that much, and liking bit their lyrics more, BP seems to have more love songs and such, 2NE1 had more break-up songs and I think bit more to say as well with their songs- up to songwriter though, though in other hand BP really has just that 5 songs so the comparison is bit off. But overall I think the who you like more is mostly subjective. 2NE1 does have their legacy and did make big impact in industry, but apart from that I think the both groups are quite equal talented and have good music.

12. peony21

peony21 Newbie

Currency:
    2ne1, Amazing stage presence, live performances and teddy was on top of his game with them. It doesn't help that 2ne1 were 2ne1 and bp are prettier 2ne1 like yg said. Bp not having a personal color is a turn off ppl may argue all day long but nah they were molded to be a tamed 2ne1. Yg really have been lacking ideas after debuting 2ne1 that company reached the top bcs of trying new things i don't understand them now, And they're not reaching new heights bcs of fear. their brand is doing good w digital and having the public's trust but idk how will this make them survive when bigbang's gone esp with their lack of proper management.

Cydney and Cielistium like this.
  13. lolita98

lolita98 Rookie

Currency:
    wait, how many this kind of threat?

14. Princess

Princess Public Figure

Currency:
    Gosh.. as a BlackJack of like 100+ years I'm going to have to be bias and say 2NE1 is the best, but I'm also a BLINK. I haven't had a lot of time with BP though, you know? They don't have that much content out to gush over, while I can gush over 2NE1 for days.

Hana0127, lalaisaisbae and tgantt94 like this.
  15. Spinereader

Spinereader Leader

Currency:
    Blackpink are a slightly tamer and less quirky version of 2NE1. No crazy styling, no really bizarre videos, and, since Boombayah and Whistle, not so focused on R&B and rap as 2NE1. I personally prefer 2NE1 because of those differences.

16. dharmalicious

dharmalicious Trendsetter

Currency:
    I personally like 2NE1 better than Blackpink. I really like 2NE1's live performances, they had really good stage presence, and their versatility in songs/concepts (I can't really hold that against BP, they don't even have a full album yet) . Blackpink has yet to really impress me. Not saying BP are bad performers or musicians, it's just that they have yet to impress me as 2NE1 did

17. Cielistium

Cielistium Super Rookie

Currency:
    I see similarities in their spirit concept - for mebers, two vocalists, two "rappers". For me their rappers are lacking both as rappers and vocals. They have like what 5 songs that they haven't promoted right? BlackPink has zero promotion for me. For now I like their vocals even tho Rose uses Bom's technique which is very unhealthy for her vocal strings (and I wanna hear her acual deep voice) and to Jisoo was given zero chance to show up. Their stages are lifeless to me and have little to zero moves on stages and are just being pretty. They aren't boundary breakers, but pretty faces, that use way to much aegyo to talk and are used by YG. Sorry to break the bubble of some of you.
    Of course 2NE1 will be my choice. Come on, they are one of the IT girls, women that inspired thousands and thousands of people from different generations to follow their dreams and be what they want. They were one of the brakers of the cute and innocent concept, because of them and few others, kpop is so so so popular right now. If it wasn't because of groups such as Girls Generation,SuJu, SHINee, Big Bang, 2NE1 and Wonder Girls kpop would be nothing. You understand that when a group breaks social boundaries they are legends right? All of them have broken social boundaries in different ways and made kpop as popular as now. If they didn't exist no one outside Asia would know for groups such as BTS, BlackPink, Red Velvet, Twice and maybe EXO (I don't include NCT cuz they promote in America and etc., I also had a second though for EXO mostly - cuz they promote not only in Asia and America, but Europe too)
    So yeah, the groups that are popular now follow their sunbaenims' hard work and restless effort. Many of the rappers are created from GD and T.O.P's formula of rapping.

Ravenclaw77 and HobiJayZlt3 like this.
  18. tgantt94

tgantt94 Newbie

Currency:
    *I want to preface this by saying, I'm a big fan of BlackPink - so this is not out of mean spirit or malicious intent*

2NE1 and BlackPink are just not the same. 2NE1 got a lot of flack for not being attractive by Korean standards - but they succeeded because they were immensely talented. The members of BlackPink are gorgeous, but there's that certain something that's lacking. They're definitely still rookies to the game so we haven't seen all sides of them - but what makes them and 2NE1 different is the fact that.... *twiddles fingers* well... *clears throat*.... 2NE1 was... interesting. There was something about the members that drew you in and made you want to get to know them. Dara & Bom's quirky personalities were entertaining and unpredictable while Minzy and CL were more chill and reserved. They were always fun to watch - although we hardly ever got to see them outside of 2NE1TV. 2NE1's voices were also super unique. Like everything about 2NE1 should NOT have worked - but it really did. I think that's a major reason for their differences. BlackPink works in your mind and to the industry. But 2NE1 should not have worked and yet it did. That doesn't diminish BlackPink's talent or hard work - they are just being constantly compared to a group that was similar stylistically but worlds apart in other ways.

Moony_Bunny likes this.
  19. ForgottenSoul

Currency:
    one groups lasted like 7 years and had more then 5 songs so 2ne1, BP has bigger potential though.

20. Denisuk

Denisuk Newbie

Currency:
    Rose's voice is anything but average, she has the most unique voice in kpop she can reach both low and hight notes.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]