NEW FORUMS OPEN HERE

Blackpink paved their own way is offensive?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by whatev, Jan 11, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solarsido

Solarsido ♡ Bonnie ♡

Currency:
    #1 HardcoreBLINK anti
    Lmao the yg/second generation stans are here claiming that Blackpink owes their current achievements /success to their now irrelevant faves :teeheek:

2. NOROSENOLIFE

NOROSENOLIFE Trendsetter

Currency:
    Some respect please.Yg ruined their solo careers. 2ne1 achievements are amazing and one of the reasons everyone anticipated blackpink debut.

3. Azaleastory

Azaleastory Rookie

Currency:
    Respecting a group is one thing. Not accepting bullshit is another thing

I respect 2NE1 as a group but they didnt paved the way for bp.

tt1267 and whatev like this.
  4. ForgottenSoul

Currency:
    Its because people want to be sexist and say these males paved the way thats really all it is.

They want their faves to be the reason anyone succeeds.

whatev likes this.
  5. wendii

wendii Public Figure

Currency:
    They paved the way for ALL of them period!

#45 wendii, Jan 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    NaomiBlue likes this.
  6. ForgottenSoul

Currency:
    Every group benefits from every groups success.. IF KPOP thrives due to alot of groups then everyone benefits thats not really being discussed here.

I think BP would have done what they have done with or without BTS.

KPOP was rising globally as was streaming and BP/BTS and Twice somewhat rode that wave and boosted KPOP.

sandybee3 likes this.
  7. azhra-0110

azhra-0110 Public Figure

Currency:
    Actually the only ones you could say paved anything for bp could be bigbang & 2ne1 because that gave them attention since debut, other than that every bit of their success was mostly because of them, otherwise everyone from yg would be doing similar (which they arent, at all).

I would say bts didn't pave the way for anyone else other than txt (which bighit stans will never admit but we are not stupid), since majority of groups are still irrelevant in the u.s and everywhere else outside of asia

Vocea likes this.
  8. sandybee3 *SavageDee*

Currency:
    Because it’s incorrect and way to generalized.
    Just because one Group in particular opened the door for others doesn’t mean they did it for everyone.
    You know it’s very much possible that two people walk on two different ways parallel to each other but one influenced more people to work on their way then the other, yet both leaded to somewhere.
    If C invented a plain to get from A to B and many think that way of transportation is more efficient and easier, does D owe C anything if they used a ship instead of a plain to get from A to B ? No. Both have the same destination, yet got there through different ways.

BP rise in fame was stable since their debut they didn’t saw a huge jump after another Group got more successful, they got their first US promotions after D4 hit big and got their RIAA certification and not because of another Group, they got invited to Coachella because of the attention they were getting and not because of another Group.

Why is it so hard to understand that your faves weren’t responsible for everyone success? There are opportunities through many ways, not just one. Like fans spamming these talk shows to invite a specific Group and with enough demand they will do it. Or some radio presenters being a fan of Kpop and seeing how there is a rise in Kpop fans, they decide to invitie different Groups over. It’s really not that hard of a concept.

tt1267, chaengaro-o, akaam121 and 7 others like this.
  9. Azaleastory

Azaleastory Rookie

Currency:
    What? :whatr:

10. Skyliv

Skyliv Trendsetter

Currency:
    I honestly think the real question is.
    Offensive to whom?
    A bunch of kpop stans behind a screen screaming bloody murder every time fandoms say their favs paved their own way? Then who an gives an absolute f**k.

Because I highly doubt successful idols are out there having a fits of outrage and sleepless nights just cuz fandoms of other groups are saying their favs paved their own way.

That's my opinion.

11. hueningkaiskai

hueningkaiskai Trainee

Currency:
    kpop stans so motherfuckin weird
    imagine if south koreans who listen to western music go around saying ''meghan thee stallion 4th gen it girl'' or ''nicki nations sweetheart'' or ''cardi b unnie nations pride''

manikanta, chaengaro-o and Vocea like this.
  12. NaomiBlue

NaomiBlue Public Figure

Currency:
    .... how'd I know this conversation would be going on here for the fifty gazillioneth time? The attempt to co-opt "BTS Paved the Way" for other groups in different forms is so funny, BTS/ARMY print as always. And that's the point - so much of what YG has done is successful mediaplay of BTS moves, just like he did with BB and TVXQ.

You can acknowledge YG groups are talented and deserve fans and fame while also pointing out that he is a manipulator of others' success for his own groups. They aren't mutually exclusive.

All you have to do is look at the timeline and interest in kpop - check out when your faves opened their twitter accounts. What social media awards were just won around that time? Hmm. Curious, I wonder what award that was! (history and statistics is on ARMY's side for this one)

In
    summation, Kpop is Kpopping, per usual

[​IMG]

euentbug likes this.
  13. imsodone8

imsodone8 Super Rookie

Currency:
    Bp members are the ones who got themselves this level of success by their own hardwork and talent.
    It is not right to say that any group's success is due to someone/something else, that's just disrespectful.
    The whole "paved the way" thing was started by 2nd gen stans who were trying to discredit bts' success in the west when even their allegedly way paving faves had stated multiple times that they failed to break into the west.
    Bts did pave the way for other acts to the west, international streams and views are so much more now, multiple groups have huge fandoms in the west including some groups who "flopped" in Korea.
    But paving the way doesn't mean you're the reason for anyone's success, you basically just gave them the opportunity to be seen by a wider audience and it's the group's hardwork and creativity that will make them successful and popular among that audience and that's what bts did, they simply made the genre of kpop more popular and some groups with their talents were able to form a huge fanbase in the west, that's how I see it.

euentbug and hueningkaiskai like this.
  14. magicwand18

magicwand18 Newbie

Currency:
    Here is my opinion: every group works hard to achieve their goals and there is no denying that. BUT when you see artists make advancements in an industry that was previously untouched (most often foreign markets), then it is more than reasonable to ask why. So as I see it, BTS paved the way for all groups who have obtained unprecedented opportunities in the west that has in turn garnered them increased exposure and "success". Key point: these opportunities that would have not been previously open to them had it not been for a stimulus that peeked industry interest in the kpop market (ie. The rise of Bangtan)

15. dimension

dimension Rookie

Currency:
    Blackpink’s success has nothing to do with BTS. They rose simultaneously. Armys are blinded by absurdity that they forget multiple 3rd gen groups also rose simultaneously with BTS. No doubt BTS rose the highest but a lot of 3rd gen groups saw a rise in popularity through 2016 onwards. All of these people are responsible for kpop’s expansion.

tt1267 likes this.
  16. ForgottenSoul

Currency:

Its like you ignore that Bighit used Big Bang for promo and even use Big Bang in BTS tags on youtube..

so much of what YG has done is successful mediaplay of BTS moves

Such BS BP only attempted America after there was proof they could do something there didnt just jump in like others.

Those charts are pretty stupid honestly.

tt1267 and Vocea like this.
  17. hueningkaiskai

hueningkaiskai Trainee

Currency:
    i agree with somepoints both of youve made
    bts has had a huge impact on kpop
    anyone denies it is just delusional lol
    its not that serious tho bp is the revolution isnt taken seriously
    its just a way too hype them up
    i blame 2nd gen stans for thismess
    some armys tend to take the paved the way stuff too far like what happened to jennie last year smh

NaomiBlue likes this.
  18. sheryllee3

sheryllee3 Public Figure

Currency:
    We’re still having this discussion? Of course BlackPink success is due to BlackPink and the team behind hem!

19. whatev

whatev Trendsetter

Currency:
    You won't like what i will say at all about that so i will keep it to myself

20. Skyliv

Skyliv Trendsetter

Currency:
    Yes but has every group been successful through those opportunities?
    BTS paved the way, but you cannot say they are the reason a group is successful.
    Or should I say other groups who ventured into West and have not had the same success as BP, let's put the reason as BTS?
    If you want to make claim that BTS are the reason BP are successful in the west, then let's also claim that BTS are also responsible for those who did not have the same success as BP in the West.

You cannot claim the good part and not claim the not soo good part.

Be the reason for everything. Success or Failure

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.