Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Blackpink ft. Wonder Girls?!

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by girl_group_lover, Jan 14, 2018 at 2:53 AM.

1. girl_group_lover

So previously, I made an extended + rearranged version of Blackpink's So Hot (where I changed the structure of the song, making it seem more like a full song instead of a partial one). But after I uploaded that, I realized I basically rearranged it very much like the original version. So I then started to wonder what Blackpink's cover would sound like if I had added the original instrumental into it and this was the result.

Note: What I mean is I added the original instrumental in to Blackpink's version, like an extra layer, instead of swapping out the instrumental completely. Just clarifying in case any of you misunderstood what I mean. So I was basically remixing a remix, by mixing the original into the remix, therefore creating a whole new remix. Kind of confusing and redundant right? LOL. But at least I had fun with it.

#1 girl_group_lover, Jan 14, 2018 at 2:53 AM
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 3:11 AM
  2. risingtaeyang

risingtaeyang Artist

It sounds really good...the original version will always be my favorite but BP's trap version isn't too bad...together, I really enjoy it

girl_group_lover and 02MaxX02 like this.
  3. yupitsme

yupitsme Artist

I personally feel it's redundant and defeats the purpose of the remake. Lisa's rap fits more as a second verse because of the beat slowdown, to match with the chill vibe of the stripped-down intro. The genius of the bridge in the original by WG was that Yubin's rap doubled the speed of the strong beats and which hyped up the energy at what should be the climax of the song. So both versions have good song structure already and you didn't need to play around with BP's really.

If BP did a full cover tho I imagine it'd continue with some stripped-down vocal part and then a really hyped chorus with some dance breakdown, which I would've really liked to hear.

girl_group_lover likes this.
  4. jasmine_s

jasmine_s Artist

This more and more reminds me how Track Makers Park Jinyoung and Hong Jisang are great composers.

girl_group_lover likes this.
  5. girl_group_lover

SAME TBH. I was disppointed to find out that it was only a partial cover. I mean as a Wonderful and a Blink, this was probably one of the best things that happened in 2017 (especially since the Wonder Girls disbanded :( and Blackpink legit only released ONE song in 2017)