BLACKPINK are not ready for a comeback

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by humanitas, Jan 4, 2020.

1. humanitas

humanitas Super Rookie

Currency:
    I would have written 'STOP asking for a BLACKPINK comeback' as the title of this thread but I feel as if that comes across as a bit too aggressive and perhaps a little narrow-minded so I decided to use the title of the video instead.

It's a new and interesting perspective on BP's situation, perhaps a little negative lol.
    Watch the video with an open mind and let me know whether you agree with what has been said.

One of the points raised in the video was that BP don't want to work with YG entertainment and therefore, a comeback wouldn't make them happy, just out of interest, what do you think?

[​IMG]

soapycolors likes this.
  2. BlinkNation

BlinkNation Public Figure

Currency:
    I think the girls desperately want to release music and are fed up with the lack of comebacks. I can imagine Rosé, Jisoo and Lisa have doubts about whether they will ever get their solos too.

As for them being happy or not, who knows. I hope so but we don’t know how they are feeling behind the scenes. Considering the abuse Jennie got after the lazy and dating “scandals” and the continued racist abuse Lisa gets, I wouldn’t be surprised if they were struggling.

3. Cold_Wave

Cold_Wave Super Rookie

Currency:
    too many assumptions. sick of these robot videos

#3 Cold_Wave, Jan 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
    glowello, sek_c, soapycolors and 22 others like this.
  4. dajour-kaidon Rookie

Currency:
    As much I hate YG I don't think they would've been that successful if they were under an other company even if it was SM or JYP. None of those really has the same aura as YG. Yes, they are suffering because of the lack of music and promotions but personally I don't think leaving the company would be the best decision. I just hope YG will see bp's impact and will come to their senses. The girls are really eager to release new music and to perform on stage.

5. CherrySoda

CherrySoda Public Figure

Currency:
    I think they'd love a comeback. The inertia of those long stretches with nothing to do except a few ads has clearly negatively affected them. But they've been performing really well at their Japanese dome tour dates. Hopefully YG doesn't continue to screw them over this year, we'll see.

glowello, soapycolors, clio22 and 8 others like this.
  6. Redan

Redan Celebrity

Currency:
    Lazy student
    Why not? After their contracts end they'll already be rich and don't need to work anymore.
    Especially not for someone like YG.
    I hope they'll all leave and be free of this terrible company.

He won't. That's the problem.

7. dajour-kaidon Rookie

Currency:
    After their contract ends then yes, they might leave but if they want to continue making music they have to make a huge name for themselves. They are big but not big big. For example if bts decides to leave bh they won't be affected because their name is bigger than their music. BP are not there yet so it will be harder for them.

soapycolors and humanitas like this.
  8. Redan

Redan Celebrity

Currency:
    Lazy student
    Ok, let's be honest here.
    Do you really think Jisoo and Jennie are passionate about music and being idols?
    I agree with the person who made this video.
    Rosé seems to be the only one who really cares about music.
    Lisa would probably prefer to be a model and photographer.
    Jisoo wants to be an actress and Jennie doesn't seem to enjoy idol life too much either.
    I really don't see a future for Blackpink after their contracts have ended to be honest.

You seem to think that they all want to continue as a group and to continue being idols after seven years.
    I really don't see it.

9. Serendipity2000

Serendipity2000 Trendsetter

Currency:
    Jennie literally has a book filled with lyrics she would want to produce someday, lisa flew all the way from Thailand knowing basically nothing but how to say Hi in korean to pursue her dreams, this could be content for a whole another thread if I start with the rest.

All they got was massive hate and being locked in a dungeon with a rushed comeback a year if they are lucky.

They can't say these girls have no passion, just no. Unpopular opinion but I'd bet they'd be successful no matter which company their in. Jisoo was chased by SM for her visuals, Jennie with her rapping skills, Lisa with her charm and dancing and rose with the right vocal training could make it just about anywhere.

Just because they don't have opportunities to showcase their abilities or live up to their potential doesn't mean they are untalented.

10. Serendipity2000

Serendipity2000 Trendsetter

Currency:
    Double post.

#10 Serendipity2000, Jan 4, 2020
    humanitas, soapycolors and V4ever like this.
  11. purpleyellow

purpleyellow Trendsetter

Currency:
    LISA ENTERTAINMENT's staff
    It's YG is not ready for Blackpink Comeback

if they are under other labels they gonna comeback 2-3 times per year and Lisa would release her solo by now according to high demand and popularity, but YG now rearranged his plan and put her to the last one in solo projects probably near to her upcoming contract's expire date they gonna force her to renew the contract in exchange for her solo, YG is very cunning man.

Took them 6 months long enough to approve and let Nylon China to work with Lisa for her first cover magazine in China, I heard the same thing with regarding her first solo CF with AIS and Harper's BAZAAR first cover magazine in Thailand.

#11 purpleyellow, Jan 4, 2020
  12. Redan

Redan Celebrity

Currency:
    Lazy student
    A book filled with lyrics? Tell me more, please.

And YG destroyed her passion.
    Or at least a lot of it.
    Her former vocal coach in Thailand said that Lisa was already a little bit disillusioned and demotivated before she even had her debut because it simply took way too long.
    Now she has many more opportunities as a model, variety show star or maybe even as a dance instructor.
    It's a completely different situation now.
    She doesn't need YG anymore.

People who want to hate them will always find a way.

13. ketchUp

ketchUp Trendsetter

Currency:
    delete this!

humanitas and soapycolors like this.
  14. purpleyellow

purpleyellow Trendsetter

Currency:
    LISA ENTERTAINMENT's staff
    Lisa is the only one who has strong passion every time she is on stage not only in big or important event no matter it's dance sing rap and perform she is very hard working and I never see she lost her passion even once, she knows what's going on and what she is doing, idol career is so short and it's just first step for her future career there is so much more she can do, she doesn't need SK and YG anymore, but I doubt they will let her go anytime soon.

15. hailedblades

hailedblades Super Rookie

Currency:
    The dudes' channel is so weird...

Pretty sure they'll be ready for a comeback WHEN YG decides to finally give them the comeback. Rose hinted @ KTL almost a month and a half prior to its actual release and yet the physical albums weren't even printed by the day of release.

The girls have been hinting at wanting to release more music for years now but YGE is not holding up their side of the bargain with the never-ending lies that the fandom has no choice but to eat up.

16. bohooo1920

bohooo1920 Super Rookie

Currency:
    U know nothing
    Lisa keep asking for a full album in a y little interview she has. Her 2020 goal is literally to have an album

Idk why u people keep bringing this trashy ass videos to conceal your bp hate. If u hate them at LEAST be frontal about it instead of hiding behind this raggedy videos made by antis looking for clicks (bc they know bp bring them)

17. buffyfan

buffyfan Rookie

Currency:
    Im honestly so surprised BP didnt have a second comeback last year. Everything was going good i thought with KTL being released not too long after D4 and Solo. And then, back to the hiatus. I think YG knows that BP are the number 2 group right now and doesn't want to take a chance with releasing a song that wont be a big hit. I think YG is a little hesitant with releasing a song bc they know they need another hit song to keep BP where they're at, especially after KTL underperformed in Korea. If KTL was just as big as their regular hits, i think they would've came back already. But Yg wants to be extra careful this time and make sure they smash it next time. Once Yg has a smash song that BP could sing, BP would be coming be back.

humanitas and soapycolors like this.
  18. prodigy210

prodigy210 Leader

Currency:
    lol watching this video and reading some of these comments you would think they talked to bp directly. Yall don't know what bp is thinking or what bp wants to do in the future. Trying to claim they don't care about music or being a idol anymore is just silly what are yall basing this off of lol.

soapycolors, tkfka, humanitas and 7 others like this.
  19. Go_Won_Minaj

Go_Won_Minaj Super Rookie

Currency:
    promoting my group
    This

soapycolors, tkfka, humanitas and 2 others like this.
  20. LilyM Public Figure

Currency:
    Blink, Stay, A-ing
    The girls have made it perfectly clear that they want more songs, seriously you can find clips of it. I don't even need to watch the video. They've been ready, the question is if their company is ready. To which i say yeah they are, if they weren't ready to give them another comeback in 2019 because of money loss or scandals they can now. They had enough time to sort their shit out. The comeback is now happening in early 2020 and i bet blackpink couldn't be more excited. Like Jennie said: "2020 is coming and you guys are gonna love it"