Best Yuri anime?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga' started by mocochang, Mar 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. mocochang

mocochang Celebrity

Currency:
    EXILE TRIBE trash ♥
    My all time favorite anime is Maria-sama ga Miteru, I love it to bits, every single part of it. But most of other yuri anime I tried are just so over dramatic or idealistic I can never fully enjoy them... Most people seem to find Strawberry Panic the best, and honestly, it is good (I cried a lot in some parts), but also has many problems (I specially dislike the whole Hikari drama).

So tell me, what's your favorite yuri anime? I would love recommendations :)

Mine is definitely MariMite, though it's not much yuri, but it's perfect ♥

2. Aoki91

Aoki91 Trendsetter

Currency:
    Eating
    Whatd a Yuri anime ?

3. mocochang

mocochang Celebrity

Currency:
    EXILE TRIBE trash ♥
    @Aoki91
    yuri = GirlxGirl
    yaoi = BoyxBoy

4. stabbed

stabbed Newbie

Currency:
    I do like Yuru Yuri, Strawberry Panic and Akuma no riddle. Here's a list of all yuri animes: http://myanimelist.net/anime/genre/26

I wish there was more. They need to stop making those "yuri" animes where a guy pretends to be a girl, like Kämpfer and Maria†Holic wtf.

#4 stabbed, Mar 18, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  5. ilovekpop909

ilovekpop909 Rookie

Currency:
    Have you tried El Cazador de la Bruja? (The Witch Hunter) i liked it since it actually had some action instead of the typical school Yuri drama

6. ilovekpop909

ilovekpop909 Rookie

Currency:
    There is also an older 1992 Yuri anime by the name of "oniisama e" if you want to check that out.

7. mocochang

mocochang Celebrity

Currency:
    EXILE TRIBE trash ♥
    Yes! Those are so weird...

8. mocochang

mocochang Celebrity

Currency:
    EXILE TRIBE trash ♥
    Oh, I don't know this one. I'll check it out sometime, thanks for the recommendation :)

ilovekpop909 likes this.
  9. endlesslove

endlesslove Newbie

Currency:
    Not really categorized as an yuri anime.. but I did notice a lot of fans ship these characters in LoveLive! School Idol anime.. as well as they seem to blush and hint little things that they are partners or like each other, more so depicted in the manga.

[​IMG]

stabbed likes this.
  10. Aoki91

Aoki91 Trendsetter

Currency:
    Eating
    Well damn Lol. I never never knew there was a girl ver. Is it heavily viewed by men ? Like yaoi is by girls ?

11. stabbed

stabbed Newbie

Currency:
    Of course there's a girl version. Why wouldn't there be? Most viewers are men but women also like to watch.

12. mocochang

mocochang Celebrity

Currency:
    EXILE TRIBE trash ♥
    I'm not sure if all are more viewed by man... The ones that have more explicit sex content I believe so, but so many famous yuri ones, like Strawberry Panic and MariMite, were written by women with the female public in mind, and I'm pretty sure those are actually more popular among girls (me included).

#12 mocochang, Mar 19, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  13. Aoki91

Aoki91 Trendsetter

Currency:
    Eating
    I never said there was a reason for it to not exit. I'm just saying that I wasn't aware of that's all

14. 1hundred

1hundred Newbie

Currency:
    has anyone watched NANA? i personally never did but i've heard tons of good reviews of it

15. findtheakarun

findtheakarun Super Rookie

Currency:
    Professional Sassybish
    Oh hello thereeeeee, interested in a resident semi-expert?

I'll start by saying that most are absolute shit. TV networks are too afraid to go too far. You get better yuri out of comedic side-couples or crushes than you get from full-fledged shows on the topic.
    That said, I'd honestly have trouble naming one that really tries to actually be a yuri-based show that isn't just flat-out boring. I've started the classics (Strawberry Panic, MariMite, that one with the long title about the tall nerdy girl crushing on her blonde friend), but none of them got me anywhere. I actually read the whole manga for the last one, and it was decent, albeit a bit slow.
    BUT
    Then there's the lovely saving grace of the anime yuri world, Sakura Trick. Perhaps one of the only good ones that I'd even classify as being full-fledged. How it got on the air I'm unsure. Presumably it got let off as being something for teenage otaku boys to fap to. Thank god for stereotype demographics.
    YuruYuri is actually perhaps my favorite anime, but it seldom goes very far. Still worth watching.
    And I saw all of Akuma no Riddle, but I'd be hard-pressed to even call the manga yuri. Pretty much the same level as Shojo Kakumei Utena: People call it yuri, and there's some close friendship, but it's weird to call it yuri.

16. nothinbutmadness

Currency:
    Maria-sama ga Miteru was my first yuri anime and is my all time favorite!! It's just executed oh so nicely. I also like Sakura Trick, but my true passion comes from yuri manga such as GirlFriend, Flag Time, or Citrus.

mocochang likes this.
  17. krissypryde

krissypryde Trainee

Currency:
    Watch Yuri Kuma Arashi for lesbians and bears and implied beastiality. Okay, it's actually a really good show. Just gotta trudge past that annoying ass OP.

I also really liked Akuma no Riddle, but it's not really Yuri, just some light GL. I like it more for the side characters than the main couple though.

18. mocochang

mocochang Celebrity

Currency:
    EXILE TRIBE trash ♥
    Tbh I like beautiful stories more than stories with lots of fanservice and stuff (I actually find the later boring... I need good story line), so for me MariMite is pure perfection. Doesn't really have to be explicit yuri for me either as long as it's a good story.
    I've already added YuruYuri to my to-watch list, I'll check it once I have some free time ;)

errr... bestiality? Sounds kinda creepy actually o_O I'll read about it later, thanks for the recommendations ^^

19. findtheakarun

findtheakarun Super Rookie

Currency:
    Professional Sassybish
    Sometimes I agree, sometimes I don't. All in all, I just need romantic progress. Most of what I've seen just drags on without any sort of progression, that's really my problem with the bigger, more dramatic series out there. Or, if anything, it takes forever for any sort of romantic connection to grow, and then ends the series basically just a few baby steps beyond that.
    Of course, romantic anime series seldom actually take the couple all that far anyway, when you think about it. So I take fanservice, the next best thing, and stick to manga for the most part.

20. Eddie_C_Self

Eddie_C_Self Newbie

Currency:
    Heard about oniisama e.