Being Kim Seokjin ain't easy

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by s_dragun, Oct 18, 2019.

1. s_dragun

s_dragun Rookie

Currency:
    Being Jin ain't easy:

- the official visual of his group but doesnt get screen time
    - the 2nd best vocalist in BTS but no lines
    - an actor who doesnt get to act in k-dramas

ariblake likes this.
  2. Suprshinexortion

Suprshinexortion Super Rookie

Currency:
    I swear I have seen the same exact thread before by you.

Anyway
    First, centers aren’t always the visuals. Jin is the best looking but he isn’t one of the best dancers of the group. Sometimes centers need to consist of someone in the dance line like Jungkook. Although I think they should show Jin more in MVs (but their recent mvs are not as story based as before) and I wish he goes for cfs too.

-Second, He is getting more lines lately and he is getting there with Jungkook having best stability live. But to be honest, all bts vocal line is meh. Doesn’t matter who sounds better or who gets lines because even if they’re all lacking, fans enjoy it and compliment it to the sky anyway.

-Third, he will act hopefully. He has all the potentials. Even in BTS nugu days, MCs used to say Jin should act.

Lustji likes this.
  3. Menean

Menean Trendsetter

Currency:
    I'm assuming you keep making the same thread to trigger ARMY...

BridgesIBurned likes this.
  4. NaomiBlue

NaomiBlue Trainee

Currency:
    Semi-Professional opinion barfer
    North of the swamp and south of purgatory
    Nah, this (and all the complaints about Tae's part being cut) are people taking their own opinions and trying to project them on the member, they have no idea how Jin or Tae feels, or if it's 'hard' to be them, or how the decisions about Line Distribution are made.

No, the BTS Vocal line is very evocative, interesting, unique and have a vocal color unlike any other vocal line. I'll line up the vocalist and vocal couch receipts if you want them, for each member. I'll repeat this here forever, as much as many kpop stans don't want to hear it: Do not confuse Good Technique with being compelling or interesting, if that was all it took to stand out Broadway would mint new pop stars daily. Not being able to belt or sustain a note for five seconds does not equal lacking. I genuinely find most Kpop vocals bland and very much the same, no matter how strong they are, and this is a common criticism of the industry. That's not the case for BTS, who are compelling and engaging to me - you'll find the same story from millions of ARMYs who are not into kpop or not strong multis. I've seen them live, and they're incredible and powerful and keep their individual tone.

People try to dismiss it as "ugh, just stans being stans", but that's ignoring reality. I get it, it's easy, but it's also wrong.

Lustji likes this.
  5. Suprshinexortion

Suprshinexortion Super Rookie

Currency:
    Reading your comment kinda made sense and it makes me think twice about my words, but I know it all will go down the drain once I hear BTS sing again.
    No offense, but you and those vocal coaches give them way too much credit in my opinion. You can like them and enjoy as much as you want but its not the same for me. Once you compare them to good vocalists and try to downgrade technique in order to make them look better, you will sound nothing but biased imo. I don’t see the uniqueness in their voice colors or style that you talk about. Plus those same vocal coaches react to/critique different artists (the good and the bad) and they compliment everyone, because they’re reacting for the fans requests; not to teach the idol. There is no need for them to point the flaws. Again if you actually ask these vocal coaches for a comparison between BTS and “the bland kpop idol vocals” they won’t give the same positive compliments to BTS only.
    Speaking about technique, Even before I tried to learn about techniques, I could judge what I find good or not without it. Same apply here. I actually like Jungkook and recent Jin singing than Taehyung but taehyung has a better technique (still not good but better than them). As for other strong kpop vocalists. I didn’t need to know about technique to see the difference in their quality. Its not just about the high notes; I didn’t even mention it.

tyyg likes this.
  6. Guinhggf

Guinhggf Super Rookie

Currency:
    Being OP ain't that easy
    - the official troll in this forum
    - OP seems obsessed with Jin and Jungkook too much
    - create the same thread over and over again with different titles

OP don't worry I praised your hard work :)

ariblake, tyyg, PLKP and 1 other person like this.
  7. PLKP

PLKP ✧・:* ❤️ Official Chief of Jin's Cult ❤️ ・:*✧

Currency:
    Leave Jin alone!

ariblake likes this.
  8. NaomiBlue

NaomiBlue Trainee

Currency:
    Semi-Professional opinion barfer
    North of the swamp and south of purgatory
    We will have to agree to disagree, as I am a vocal snob for the type of vocals I like and BTS genuinely does it for me; as much as I love the members personalities I cannot stan anyone or any group that I don't genuinely love the music. There are many great groups and singers I just can't handle because their vocal style annoys me. I brought up technique because that's usually where this argument goes, but apologies, you're right, you didn't mention it.

The "IMO" and 'not the same for me' part you mention is the key - that's why I keep underscoring, "I", and "Millions of fans", and specific artists and vocal coaches genuinely believe they are good. There is no objective truth here, but my issue with your initial post was you dismissed those who DO like their singing as somehow delusional or hyping them just because we are stans. That's not it - we like their style, do believe they're different and unique, and love hearing their voices. Singularity, Euphoria, Epiphany, Serendipity (and their personal project songs) are genuinely beloved by millions of fans for the tone of their voices, style, and expression. We think they are good, full stop. That you think differently is 100% valid and should be respected. But that is also simply your bias - saying I"m biased for believing they're wonderful singers (I never said perfect, although Jungkook is extremely strong and his versatility is exploding the last year or so) but you're not because you don't doesn't make any sense. It comes from taste being different.

We all look for different things in singers - the BTS vocal line has something that really does it for me and many others, genuinely. I think most kpop singing is bland, but that's just my ear and it's not for me. My reaction really came from dismissing taste and preference as invalid, and it happens so often in kpop discussions of BTS I have to speak up. Hope that makes sense!

Suprshinexortion likes this.
  9. dispatchme

dispatchme Trainee

Currency:
    Go to sleep.

And stream Decalcomania when it finally comes out in 2026