Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

BANHANA's label responds to chart manipulation accusations

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by mirusako, Oct 16, 2018.

1. mirusako

mirusako Star

Sailor Scout
    [​IMG]

by K. Lew
    @ Soompi

Suspicions of chart manipulations have arisen yet again, but this time for singer BANHANA.

On October 16, BANHANA’s “All Over Again” was unable to enter the Top 100 chart upon its release on October 15 at 6 p.m. KST but was able to enter the chart two hours after its release. It rose drastically within six hours, reaching No. 24 at midnight. Netizens found this abnormal and have voiced their suspicions.

Though it has been less than a day since the track was released, the rating for the song has fallen to 1.3 out of 5 points, with listeners rating the song poorly as they believe its success on charts is due to chart manipulation.

BANHANA is not the first artist to be accused of chart manipulation this year, as Jang Deok Cheol, Nilo, and Shaun have recently been under suspicion of chart manipulation as well. The fact that many of these artists, including BANHANA, are signed under the same agency Limez Entertainment, has only solidified these suspicions for some netizens.

In response, a source from Limez Entertainment stated, “We are not using macros or a program. [As is standard,] we are promoting through social media. As the song was released yesterday, we are not yet at the stage where we have analyzed [the factors behind the song’s success]. We are also hoping for the results of the Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism’s investigation to come out quickly.”

Limez Entertainment requested for the Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism to investigate chart manipulation related to Nilo in April. In addition to Shaun’s alleged chart manipulation, the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism recently began its investigation. The results of the investigation will be released next month. A source from the Ministry stated, “Out of the six music sites, four have sent in all their information, and one has sent in the part of their data. We are currently in the process of analyzing the data sent in so far.”

Source (1)

2. Istanhyejeong

Istanhyejeong Rookie

Stanning Wendy
    Was I the only one who saw BANANA instead?

lolyousodumb likes this.
  3. ashleymarie

ashleymarie Rookie

I read Limez entertainment as lime disease.

Milk, jimeous and jasque like this.
  4. BritishSone

BritishSone Memorable

Seulgi & Taeyeon fanboy
    And the Russians went to Salisbury to sight see....

GramStan likes this.
  5. Meloverse

Meloverse Married to @Yeo_One

☾ Universe // Byulharang ☆
    I thought Banhana was that Oh My Girl subunit with the monkeys

CrunchyLegend, Milk, GramStan and 2 others like this.
  6. feepit608

feepit608 Public Figure

The monkeys are tinkering with the charts.

ypmonce, Milk, GramStan and 2 others like this.
  7. MyPostsAreFacts

The masters of social media promotion. I'm really curious what their secret strategy is.

At least this song is actually really good unlike that outdated Sean track.

8. JoeGonnaRun

JoeGonnaRun Rookie

Scarecrow of Radish Field
    What kind of social media strategy that I've never seen Nilo, Shaun (before they blow up) or this artist in Brand Reputation chart :))))???, They must promote in China :eyebrowsr:

MOEBIUS likes this.
  9. mirusako

mirusako Star

Sailor Scout
    Here's the song in case anyone was curious

GramStan and kimjisoo like this.
  10. ashleymarie

ashleymarie Rookie

Accusations aside, I can't really say that this is a bad song. It's actually really good.

GramStan likes this.
  11. JoeGonnaRun

JoeGonnaRun Rookie

The song itself is good. The problem is fandoms are caring too much about charting, that's why some random songs can blow up. Bad reputation is also reputation. Just chill :siptear:

RoAnon9935 likes this.
  12. Suzan

Suzan Memorable

EXO's Mama
    She's pretty.

13. RoAnon9935

RoAnon9935 Married to @Vipmultifandom10

Right? Chart manipulation accusations is the new cooties. Well goes to prove how young some fans are that we are back to elementary name calling.

14. JoeGonnaRun

JoeGonnaRun Rookie

In fact, Chart Manipulation is real. They are investigating Nilo and Shaun. Just don't accuse anyone....randomly. Just only do free marketing => make the one who manipulates less job to do lmao. Accuse when the song make #1.

Milk likes this.
  15. RoAnon9935

RoAnon9935 Married to @Vipmultifandom10

Yes it is real, but it anyone who isn't popular who starts charting people just start screaming it. Ever herd of the boy who cried wolf. If you are unfamiliar he cried wolf to many times that when there was actually a wolf no one believed him. I can see how an unpopular artist charts. You do not JUST have kpop fans you do have the general public. All three of these artists accused lately have been actually quite good. It's not like a shitty song that is suddenly charting. So it's like the accusers are shouting wolf, we'll have to wait for the results, but in the mean time it would be stupid for someone to try chart manipulation while people are in a huff.

16. transparent

transparent Trainee

The thing is, some of these songs are rising tremendously at times where the gp is not really listening and its competing with big fandoms streaming and winning against them which doesnt make much sense

Edwin_Lee and Milk like this.
  17. JoeGonnaRun

JoeGonnaRun Rookie

Kpop fandom have superior complex, meant most of them think idols are the centre of everything. I used to be, but changed. As you say, quality of songs is the bottom line. Chart manipulation is a bad form of marketing: using other artist's popularity as leverage, or Media Play, like YG usually use with his groups (;)). If the song is not good, it would fall like leaves in fall. Charting high sometimes do not mean the song is good. I know idols work hard, but other artists work hard too. Idols can have many sources of income, but some artists do not have that type of privilege. I'm not for "chart manipulation" and I understand life & business is not fair. But sometimes, Kpop fandoms don't be such a mean bitch when it comes to other artists

Zehila and RoAnon9935 like this.
  18. SHKPOPFAN

SHKPOPFAN Rookie

Dude there are already so many proofs that they indeed did chart manipulation . their songs were automatically added to lot of users playlist . and lot of other proofs , you can top charts but it should be fair . their should be genuine people listening to your songs not bots !! and why these so called artist performance in charts doesn't reflect on their concerts and brand reputation ?? Nilo couldn't even fill a 1000 people concert when 800k people were listening to his song every day just in one streaming site at one point of time .

MOEBIUS and Milk like this.
  19. jimeous

jimeous Celebrity

If they ranked on the Brand Reputation Chart then it wouldn't be a problem but Nilo and Shaun aren't even relevant on Social Media when they hit number 1

20. JoeGonnaRun

JoeGonnaRun Rookie

I never said Nilo did not do Chart Manipulation. I'm not follow Shaun's case. The issue is the third artist is being accused. Fandoms are making a fuss would only make those artists to blow up. Randomly accuse anyone would only make more artists want to do chart manipulation (even though I know every company can do that). I suggest Fandoms to be more chill