Bang Chan's letter to Stay

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by SKZ-Rin, Oct 28, 2019.

1. SKZ-Rin

SKZ-Rin stan stray kids <3
    Events Team Graphics Team

Currency:
    Here's a translated version of his letter posted to fanship.

[​IMG]

I'm bawling again. :(

here's the original if you understand korean

2. keyboardwarrior7

Currency:
    Wow, I'm so honestly surprised.

Stays, I feel for you. You guys must be so sad.

3. jisungstoes

jisungstoes Married to @jeonginsnose

Currency:
    holding a knife
    chan is a sweetie : (
    i hope he isn't taking it too hard on themselves

4. SKZ-Rin

Currency:
    I just cant stop crying idek. Its so sudden and looking at Chan's words I'm even more confused what happened... :(

5. keyboardwarrior7

Currency:
    I know. I hope whatever happened that this is something that Woojin is doing because he truly feels like it is the best solution to the situation. And, I hope that he continues to live on happily.

SKZ-Rin likes this.
  6. Anon813

Anon813 Trendsetter

Currency:
    Engineer
    He sounds so emotional in his letter. Must be shocking for the fans too.
    Stays take your time and support the rest of the members

Kpopaesthetic1, SKZ-Rin and Afya like this.
  7. La_Decay

La_Decay Public Figure

Currency:
    It's good he spoke about it and confirmed it because people were already creating conspiracy theories about it. The worst part is that we don't know what happened, no one saw that coming, there were no scandal, nothing that could suggest that something wrong is goin on behind the camera.
    I think if JYP's statment were more detailed it would help people to move on.

nayeongirlgroup, SKZ-Rin and Afya like this.
  8. Cherries_Bombed

Cherries_Bombed Super Rookie

Currency:
    I don't even know what to say at this point. This whole situation is fucked up, and the fact that Chan is blaming himself makes it worse.

9. ilikeJB

ilikeJB Public Figure

Currency:
    Coming from a Hottest (2pm fan), nope, a more detailed explanation is not the way, not from JYP. Park Jinyoung tried to explain why they terminated Jay Park's contract once and that backfired badly with fans. Then the company tried to explain why Sunmi left WG, also backfired badly with fans. Their explanation for Woojin is actually good enough and the fact that they let Chan offer his words is also good enough.

JohnnyJWal, MBBM and SKZ-Rin like this.
  10. Afya

Afya Super Rookie

Currency:
    I hope no one blames Chan I believe he's trying his best as a leader and he gets way too much hate ): I love Chan

I kind of expected the members to be like ''we are 9 in our hearts, but Woojin cant continue with us due to personal reaons'' but Chan's letter makes it seem as if Woojin indeed did something bad that he couldnt continue being with the group? I'm not sure if its the translation or I'm looking too much into this idk everything seems so off

11. zoha123

zoha123 Rookie

Currency:
    I am so sad right now. Woojin was an essential part of the group.He was the main vocalist and I always loved his parts in all the songs.I just wish best for woojin and stray kids:cryingk:

#11 zoha123, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    Kpopaesthetic1 and Afya like this.
  12. SKZ-Rin

Currency:
    my thoughts exactly. chans post just confirms that woojin probably did something to break the contract. I hate speculating but if it was due to something personal I think the members would be understanding and asking to support woojin etc. Chan seems like he tries to distance himself from Woojin as much as possible, not even mentioning his name once.. :/

13. Cherries_Bombed

Currency:
    This is what I'm thinking, but I don't want to start rumors or anything. All I know is that if it was because of him dating like people are speculating, then fuck JYPE.

Changbin, SKZ-Rin and Afya like this.
  14. JiminieKookie

JiminieKookie Professional ATEEZ and A.C.E stan

Currency:
    Park Junhee-stan| Stan A.C.E stan talent!
    Jesus Christopher!

I was not about to cry but now I do

SKZ-Rin likes this.
  15. SKZ-Rin

Currency:
    not talking about woojin but about the dating thing.
    I do not think JYP - or any company for that matter- is to blame for enforcing their contracts. Whenever a company kicks an idol due to dating I'm mad and I hate it, but it is in the contract and if the idol breaches it then that's just the way it is.

The real issue is the immature over jealous "fan"base who cancels their "beloved oppa" because they are receiving some love which is not from them. I fucking hate it. That's the reason the contracts exist in the first place, to reduce the risk of "scandals", establish a fanbase and then after a few years they can do what they want once the fanbase has set. I feel like a lot of girls in SK wouldn't even bother stanning an idol if they were in a relationship from the get-go.
    From a business point of view I get it, as a human being i say screw this flipping stan mentality.

Afya likes this.
  16. Notcreative

Notcreative Trainee

Currency:
    This situation is pretty sad and he seems to feel responsible for it, maybe because he is the leader afterall. To me personally it would be better if the company actually disclosed what caused this because it isn't fair for the fans to wonder helplessly what happend. Also it makes other people say all sort of speculations and it can cause more harm that way. His letter makes it indeed seem as if Woojin did something that was deemed bad by the company(companies only care about the money afterall) but i don't want to speculate further

La_Decay likes this.
  17. keyboardwarrior7

Currency:
    I honestly feel like if he was forced to terminate his contract it has to be bigger than this.

The only reason Junhyeok was put out for dating was because his GF was causing problems and let it be known that they were in a relationship. I believe JYP knows their group members "date" or go on dates or hook-up or whatever, but as long as it is kept underwraps, it's probably fine.

It's 100% easier just not to date since as an idol, you can't control what your significant other does, and if your significant other becomes jealous and vindictive, there is nothing you can do. But, I feel like rather than make as big a stink as this, JYP would quietly handle the situation if they found out their idol was dating rather than making the whole situation public. I mean, Somi was caught drinking underage as a trainee (possibly smoking), and they didn't even put her out.

I'm saying this based on little things that have come out after groups have already passed their 3 year dating ban.

18. Cherries_Bombed

Currency:
    Ah okay, thanks for clearing that up about the Day6 member. I thought he was simply kicked out for dating. Either way, I don't know if i want to find out why Woojin was kicked out. It could be anything, and that terrifies me.

SKZ-Rin and keyboardwarrior7 like this.
  19. Heamic08

Heamic08 Trainee

Currency:
    Student
    Man, I was upset before, but this REALLY upset me!

I hope the other members will be okay.

SKZ-Rin likes this.
  20. Kpopaesthetic1

Kpopaesthetic1 Trendsetter

Currency:
    Tzuyu’s #1 fan
    This is just sad. Woojin was like one of my favorite members because of his angelic voice in their songs. He was an amazing member as well. I hope stays are okay :(:(
    :waterr::sweatr:

SKZ-Rin likes this.