As the creator of the bashing thread

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Aoki91, Oct 18, 2019.

1. neraa

neraa Trainee

Currency:
    Nobody care if you hate the bashing thread dont go on it

2. neraa

neraa Trainee

Currency:
    Stop being so salty if you hate something IGNORE IT

3. neraa

neraa Trainee

Currency:
    There no 'fake rumors' on the BT stop lying

4. Taeri

Taeri Married to @NBW

Currency:
    MD
    Seriously
    I got a post deleted because it said " clown"
    It's not the mods who are too strict
    It's the people who spam report and are too sensitive to even a word like clown
    That's why the BT should stay

neraa, xwhisperx and ihavemyownkey like this.
  5. freakyfantasy

freakyfantasy Celebrity

Currency:

go bash me in the BT thread, seems like you're very vehement in defending it

Hallybell likes this.
  6. Taeri

Taeri Married to @NBW

Currency:
    MD
    U can't bash users lol
    U tried tho

possiblymad and ihavemyownkey like this.
  7. freakyfantasy

freakyfantasy Celebrity

Currency:

ohhhh, but you certainly can, you just can't name them. But you all get veeeery creative in there, to make sure people know exactly what you're referring to.

8. Taeri

Taeri Married to @NBW

Currency:
    MD
    Lmao
    Of course the fandom with conspiracy theories XD

ihavemyownkey likes this.
  9. freakyfantasy

freakyfantasy Celebrity

Currency:
    the fandom i'm part of has no bearing on my opinions regarding this topic. Contrary to your opinion, even ARMY are people first, with thoughts of their own.

10. neraa

neraa Trainee

Currency:
    I dont give a shit there no fake rumor in BT i literally watched all the pages and there no 'FAKE RUMORS'

11. ihavemyownkey

ihavemyownkey Public Figure

Currency:
    I don't understand the logic.
    I struggle with depression and anxiety. I know there are certain things I can't take. Sometimes it's bad enough on the forums! Why would I visit a thread that I know is speaking negatively about me or people who do what I do? There is no way I'm going there. I could see something bad about my faves, or even myself. So why would I subject myself to that?

However, I am not going tell others they can't participate and that there shouldn't be a bashing thread. People should be able to do as they like. Yes, that includes making shitty and stupid comments.

This is a Kpop forum. Why would an idol click on a "bashing thread"? They have to know what happens there, and that some comments may not be nice and/or may be about them or someone they know. I don't get that excuse. No idol would willingly visit such a place.

Lulu_Key and JClouds like this.
  12. freakyfantasy

freakyfantasy Celebrity

Currency:
    i think you're wrong. I think in moments of insecurity, some might want to know what's being said about them. How bad is it? How many people hate me for this or that or something other? It's human nature, and it's especially the case for artists, who are constantly in the public eye and whose job depends on how others view them.

It's not that I think allkpop is their go-to site. The point is, we don't know. Why do we encourage it? what good does it really come out of the bashing thread? It's an echo chamber, where hate goes unchallenged, instead it's rewarded and validated and propagated. How is this a good thing? As much as i try to understand, it's beyond me.

Hallybell and Mirajess like this.
  13. ihavemyownkey

Currency:
    You think I'm wrong, and that's fine.
    But I think you're wrong. I think that idols don't have to come to AKP or any other forum to read bashing threads. Why should they? Most of the nasty comments are right there on their Insta, or FB. Or on their own Korean search engines, and fan cafes and let's not forget Twitter. Whether they're looking out of insecurity or curiosity, they're not naive if they're seeking out negativity when they know they can't handle it. It's one thing to be bombarded with it, or stumble across it, it's a whole other issue to seek it out.

I'm not saying that a lot of good comes from the bashing thread, but I remember a time before it was a thing. And ALL the shitty shit that gets said there, was on the forums for all to see. If it does nothing else but help to keep the forum from being flooded, or at the very least people's inboxes? It's worth it to me. AKP is not a nice place already, I don't want the comments coming in from the BT. If people want to utilize it, that's their business, not mine.

Just because you think something is bad, doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. You just have to learn to focus on what you like. You don't like the bashing thread. Don't comment there. Don't visit. But don't sit in judgement of those who do.

After how, how are the comments made hurting you?

Lulu_Key, possiblymad and xwhisperx like this.
  14. freakyfantasy

freakyfantasy Celebrity

Currency:
    i keep hearing this "You don't like the bashing thread. Don't comment there. Don't visit. But don't sit in judgement of those who do." But how come that only applies to me? Why doesn't it apply to those who post there? You don't like idol X? don't post about them, don't read about them ,don't care about them. People reserve the right to post in there and judge others, but somehow I'm not allowed to judge them? How does that work, exactly?
    we were asked an opinion and I stated mine. As a user of this forum, I think I'm entitled to one as much as any other user here, since whatever it's decided about it will impact the forum one way or another.

Mirajess likes this.
  15. ihavemyownkey

Currency:
    It doesn't only apply to you. YOU are the one who started this conversation with me. Don't forget that. I never said any of that. Never said they had the right to judge anyone. I did say they have the right to post there, and as it is an open thread that is not locked, they do.

We disagree. It happens. The world would be a boring place if we all had the same opinions and thoughts, right? It applies to the people who post there too. But... They're doing what they want. They want to visit and comment, so they do. They don't like idol X, and while you don't either, you choose to not post about it, but they choose to. What can you do? They're going to post about is someplace, and what are you gonna do? Be the world crusader of chasing down people for making comments in a dumb bashing thread? Seems like a waste of time. But do as you please. Judge who you want.

-shrugs-

I would have the same words for them, but they did not comment to me, YOU DID.
    And again. How is some random user on AKP utilizing the BT affecting you?
    Just something to ponder.

16. fannni

fannni Newbie

Currency:
    People saying they need space to write constructive criticism. Then why name it bashing thread. Bashing is outright hating. It just gives people a reason to justify their negativity. If people are not really seeking for validation of their negative opinions and if they just want to release their pent-up frustrations then why not open a MS Word or notebook and pour out whatsoever they want. What is the point of leaving it where there is a possibility of it being seen by their target if that is not their intention.

Mirajess likes this.
  17. freakyfantasy

freakyfantasy Celebrity

Currency:
    they do have the right to post there, doesn't mean they have to. It doesn't mean they have to say the things they do. What's being discussed these days is whether it should exist in the first place.

it's not me being affected by the bashing thread. It's the idea that the forum rewards people for hateful speech. We like to think Allkpop is small enough not to matter, but these kinds of things take a life of their own. A thread that rewards likes AND has the additional benefit of not being held accountable for what's being said - perfect! Let's hate some more of idol X because they're too thin or too fat or not tall enough or not pretty enough or doesn't have the voice of Mariah Carey etc. Are you that sure that no artist ever found this site? I don't have that certainty, there's no way for us to. It's an open thread, you said so yourself.

I'm not crusading against it - At the end of the day, it's not like i go into the BT and make lists of users, with the purpose of criticizing them at every step for it. But it still leaves me with a foul taste in my mouth, that anyone could ever go in there looking for bad things about themselves - and that they'll find exactly what they were looking for.

Mirajess likes this.
  18. prodigy210

prodigy210 Idol

Currency:
    it still amazes me how people who are so against the bt thread constantly keep going back to it and read every single post than complain about it. If yall hate the bt so much yall wouldn't even visit the place. Don't like don't use it simple as that.

19. blackbeard

blackbeard Public Figure

Currency:
    casual cult member
    I dont. Just because I dont like the thread does not automatically mean I frequent it or even have been in it ever.

I dont need to go in there to know its a shit place.

The internet is where you express your opinion regardless of whether anyone cares for it or not. I dont give a shit if someone hates my opinion or not.

20. ihavemyownkey

Currency:
    Rewarded how?
    All they do is comment, and all I see is people calling them cowards, and saying that they're too weak to say in forum for fear of being permabanned. Never have I seen anyone get 'rewarded' for using that thread.

You're saying just because they have the right to post there, doesn't mean they should.
    I'm saying just because you don't like it, they have the right to. Do I love the BT? Nope. Do I agree with things said there? Likely no, but I don't visit, so I don't know what's there. Do I think people should be able to be adults and not have AKP users 'parenting' them? Yes.

We're never going to agree. You don't think it should exist. You think that people should be censored.
    I don't mind if it exists. I think people should be able to say what they want. If there are ever any consequences, it will be them that faces them, not me. It's nothing that truly bothers me. Like I said, I know my limitations. I know how certain things make me feel. I know what it would take to make a good day, a bad one really fast. I know how sensitive I am. I know what hurts me. So.... I don't go looking for those things. Simple.

Sometimes when you go looking for things, you find what you're looking for, but that's on you too. You have to decide whether you can handle what you might find. Some people in this forum are nasty. But I'd rather have the nastiness confined to one place where they can go and air out their shit, than to have said shit all over the forum. or like I said earlier, in people's inboxes.

I honestly don't see an idol saying to themselves, "I'm already stressed, already feeling pressure from my company, members and fans, already don't get to see my family, already feeling lonely and depressed and anxious, already not getting enough rest, (whether it be from schedules or simply because they cannot sleep.), already sore, tired, hungry and in need of a serious break, but.... I think I'll go check out a bashing thread! You know, just to see what people who hate me have to say!"

I simply can't imagine someone wanting to punish themselves that badly.
    I could be wrong, but I just don't see it.

Lulu_Key likes this.