As the creator of the bashing thread

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Aoki91, Oct 18, 2019.

1. PLKP

PLKP ✧・:* ❤️ Official Chief of Jin's Cult ❤️ ・:*✧

Currency:
    Yeah I know.
    If bashing thread does stay on, we need to meet in the middle anyways is what I am trying to say.

2. T_O_M_O_M_I

T_O_M_O_M_I Super Rookie

Currency:
    School

I 100% agree

InSFCube likes this.
  3. Noemi

Noemi A E C L A R I
    Events Team . . .

Currency:
    Making a rule about only bashes are to be allowed were done with the approval of all assistants including you at that time. The current assistants just kept up with the rule. However, it has been suggested multiple times by current assistants that maybe we should remove that rule because there is no clear line between what is or is not a bash.

I had to point this out because I don't like the implication that staff is somehow encouraging this specifically when we get angry DMs and called out on ask a BT thread from users about why their bashes aren't bad enough to be deleted.

4. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    I didn't agree with the level that it's got to now, it was a lot more lenient back then, and I'm sick of receiving complaints too. That's why I said something. That it seems recently has been a lot worse.

5. Noemi

Noemi A E C L A R I
    Events Team . . .

Currency:
    I disagree with this view.

Personally, certain insults that have been allowed under the old team were actually deleted under new ones. I can't prove stuff without calling users but you can DM me for proof.

6. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    I really don't think that's necessary. My intent was not to upset or offend anyone. I was making a statement based on what I had seen, heard, and experienced. If you have a different opinion or experience, I'm not here to judge you or say you're wrong, I'm sure it's different.

7. Noemi

Noemi A E C L A R I
    Events Team . . .

Currency:
    I don't care for myself but I won't have the new assistants blamed for following rules made by the old team including me and you. The way you wrote the initial post, you implied that the new assistants made it worse and encouraged hate when all they have done is follow rules and actually wanting to change them because they had issues with it. They also invited users to participate while creating the rules, something we the old team never even considered.

That's all I will say.

8. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    This is true. The old team never had discussions, including about the rules of the BT.
    That was not at all my intent but rereading it now, I can see how it came across that way. If you would like me to have it deleted please say and I will have it done.

#28 ItsMilly43, Oct 18, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  9. Korainism

Korainism Super Rookie

Currency:
    This! ^^
    Several „soft“ bashes of me where deleted, because it wasn’t the „right way to bash“ according to the new rules, or it wasn’t about K-Pop (sry, I forgot)..
    These new rules only encouraged some to be even more toxic and made everything worse over all imo...

#29 Korainism, Oct 18, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    AmmaAffa and MassiveKpopFan like this.
  10. MassiveKpopFan

Currency:
    Student
    can I get an Amen?

ajimenez and Lulu_Key like this.
  11. blackbeard

blackbeard Public Figure

Currency:
    casual cult member
    Just get rid of it.

If yall need to "vent", go do something productive like working our or volunteering rather than being toxic over the net. This kinda shit bleeds to the real world eventually. If youre toxic online, you will inevitably be a shit person in real life as well. Thats my take on it.

12. BlackpinkHouse

BlackpinkHouse Super Rookie

Currency:

Freedom of speech doesn't apply to AKP. People think 1st Amerndment gives them rights to say whatever they want without repurcussions lol.

Freedom of speech only means government can't throw you in jail for most things you say. That's it. People have misconstrued it to mean this right protects you from getting banned in forums or from getting your comments deleted. lol.

AKP is a private entity running a forum. You have no protections here. They can ban you for any reason whatsoever, they can delete comments, they can literally do whatever they want. You don't have the constitutional right to post on Internet forums sorry.

13. LokisHorns

LokisHorns Public Figure

Currency:
    I'd get keeping the BT if it meant that the amount of troll/shading threads would be severly reduced in return, but since mods aren't always online (either because there aren't enough or because they are all in the same timezone) but that's not the case. This forum is so severly over run by trolls and the like... Either you keep the BT and strengthen moderation, or you ditch it and uphold a zero-toleration policy. Either way, there's a big difference between 'freedom of speech' and just plainly tearing people down to the ground. Freedom of speech is a double-edged sword, by the way. If you are allowed to bash an artist because of freedom of speech, then other people should be allowed to respond to that bash with their defense (or so) for that same freedom of speech.

Hallybell, Mirajess and bananamilk like this.
  14. ZestyMochi

ZestyMochi Rookie

Currency:
    Jobless Intellectual
    I want the bashing thread gone but if not then the bashing thread just needs to be rebranded. It shouldn't be called the bashing thread IMO but it can still be called that the rules just need to be changed so that it encourages more constructive criticism and less bashing. The unpopular opinions thread isn't nearly as toxic because it isn't branded as a place to be that way.

The bashing thread doesn't allow light hearted bashes and the users there have become more toxic so its gonna stay that way it stuff doesn't change.

15. bananamilk

bananamilk Super Rookie

Currency:
    Before this week I think I only looked at that thread once or twice.

I guessed it was meant as a fun thread, though, where you could bash a weird dance break or the fact that an idol started wearing sunglasses or something.

From what I've seen now, it's absolutely disgusting. Some people there have major issues and shouldn't be given a platform for their malevolency.

#35 bananamilk, Oct 19, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    JezebelDaisy and BlackpinkHouse like this.
  16. bananamilk

bananamilk Super Rookie

Currency:
    Exactly.

They can write in their diary too or feed some ducks.

Peopke blowing off steam by calling idols all kinds of ugly names about their appearance is unhealthy.

JezebelDaisy likes this.
  17. didi2802

didi2802 Married to @Haolat

Currency:
    If anyone wants to talk about the Bashing Thread, @kyutiemir22 made a pinned thread in The Lounge for people to state their opinions and at the end, the final decission will be taken regarding the Bashing Thread.

Mirajess and kyutiemir22 like this.
  18. ihavemyownkey

ihavemyownkey Public Figure

Currency:
    I don't like the bashing thread now, therefore I steer clear of it.

Some people like it and use it, let them be. You don't HAVE to read the content, and if you know that your feelings are hurt easily, don't go there. I don't get the... "I think the insults posted there are disgusting!" You wouldn't know if you kept your nosy ass outta there. You know what it is. It's called "THE BASHING THREAD" not "THE BABY SHADING THREAD" or the "THE SENSITIVE THREAD FOR USERS DELICATELY AND EASILY OFFENDED"

It's easy to ignore something you don't like, isn't it?
    Stop being 12 and don't visit somewhere you know is toxic to you.

xwhisperx and neraa like this.
  19. freakyfantasy

freakyfantasy Celebrity

Currency:
    i don't get this "don't go there" thing, tbh. this isn't even about us. It's about the people, namely artists, who are being dragged through the mud, have fake rumors made up about them etc.

How about, instead of "dont' go there", it's "don't put up your venomous thoughts publicly on a forum, where they can be read"? I think this one has less potential to hurt someone, at the end of the day.

Mirajess and JezebelDaisy like this.
  20. possiblymad

possiblymad Celebrity

Currency:
    I think the BT must stay, but with more rules as I stated before, sometimes people simply go too far even with the new rules
    I think that bashings with lies, defamation, racism, sexism should be reported and deleted etc
    I don't see getting rid of BT as a solution at all! There will always be "toxic" and "bashing" takes in ANY fandom and the bashing thread as much as some people go too far (and as I said those who go too far should get their posts deleted etc) others just put their negative / bashing takes in there and move on, not even everything about the BT is to blame, social medias the idols see the most are instagram and twitter and honestly that's where the problem is, not in the BT not in the forum
    I always saw the BT as some place more organized where people would put their bashing and go like an unpopular opinion but a little bit harsher if you don't like to read the BT just don't go there. At least you can avoid seeing these bashings! Unlike twitter etc
    getting rid of the BT will only cause more confusion and more messy stuff imho

JClouds and ihavemyownkey like this.