ARMY, am I the only one...

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Menean, Nov 9, 2019 at 4:23 AM.

1. Menean

Menean Trendsetter

Currency:
    [Highly opinionated rant incoming]
    Don't get offended
    ARMY, am I the only one who feel like Bighit is testing us with the MIR remixes? I mean, they put out MIR EDM remix which was THE worst BTS song in existence, but they expect us to support that?

I believe they already realized ARMY (generally) aren't liking MIR Feat. Lauv yet they're still releasing more remixes.

(And the dragon hasn't been slayed yet which means one more remix is incoming)

I know it has to do with wanting to keep MOTS: Persona charting or relevant, but are they
    seriously expecting ARMY to stream/buy that?
    (I know some ARMYs are doing that because they love BTS and all, but the remixes aren't getting the same amount of support as releases which ARMY actually enjoy)

So all that got me thinking, WHAT IF the remixes are BH's way of testing ARMY? To test if ARMY will support everything BTS puts out, no matter how unpleasant the releases are?

Side note: I liked the Acoustic remix (although I'd prefer an OT7 only version).

That is all. What are your thoughts, lovely ARMY?

#1 Menean, Nov 9, 2019 at 4:23 AM
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2019 at 4:43 AM
    V_Sobi, hughbee27, Polaroid9 and 2 others like this.
  2. zero_red

zero_red Trainee

Currency:
    Personally I really like Make it Right in general and I didnt mind when they added Lauv to it. However, I do think the remixes are getting excessive but I really like the acoustic version. I think the remixes are BH's way of releasing more music content from BTS without them going through composing, producing, writing, and singing a new song from scratch.

9397Duo, ohohcollinBB and Menean like this.
  3. yailt

yailt Newbie

Currency:
    I don't mind it. BTS doing remixed versions of their songs isn't really new. (I'm still over here waiting for a full studio version of jazzy Dope, @ Big Hit who do I need to pay to make that happen?) Though I haven't actually listened to the Make It Right remix yet, so who knows, I might dislike it.

Menean likes this.
  4. Menean

Menean Trendsetter

Currency:
    Same.

zero_red likes this.
  5. ColdDay

ColdDay Newbie

Currency:
    I didn't like any of the MIR remixes and I'm not going to pretend I do just because it's BTS. I wish Bighit would stop cos I'm sure they can tell ARMYs aren't eating them up cos they aren't doing as well as BTS songs would especially the EDM remix (I agree it's the worse BTS song and as someone who likes almost everything BTS puts out, I don't know how to react to it). But if it what BTS wants, then I have no problem with it, I'd just support if I like it.

#5 ColdDay, Nov 9, 2019 at 4:38 AM
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2019 at 4:43 AM
    toch12 and Menean like this.
  6. Menean

Menean Trendsetter

Currency:
    ICONIC:omgr:

Ash_and_Thorns and yailt like this.
  7. yailt

yailt Newbie

Currency:
    SOLID GOLD.

Menean likes this.
  8. ohohcollinBB

ohohcollinBB Celebrity

Currency:
    They will realise sooner or later that Army arent gonna eat stuff like that up.

Menean likes this.
  9. Menean

Menean Trendsetter

Currency:
    That is the train of thoughts which led me to think that it might be a test.

10. gh05t

gh05t Celebrity

Currency:
    Financial Consultant
    Not an Army but even I can tell BH are currently trying to convert you all into the thing you hate the most and all of you are falling for it. Congratulations on becoming a generic Kpop fandom

privateinfrench likes this.
  11. Ash_and_Thorns

Ash_and_Thorns Trendsetter

Currency:
    A Lazy Manager of Something
    I do not know to be honest , it could be but wasn't ARMYpedia and the movies also tests ?

But BH really needs to learn how to let fans breathe in between releases such as these or movies for example ; we are human , we get exhausted . We're also not an endless stream of money but that falls on the shoulders of the consumer instead of BH , though not entirely .

I think what's truly bothering me about this , is how low-quality it is yet they still continue to release stuff . It is almost disrespectful to expect fans to support all their endeavors silentely . Cracks will eventually show even if BTS are performing well for now .

RunOutOfIdeas, 9397Duo and Menean like this.
  12. Menean

Menean Trendsetter

Currency:
    You missed the point. The MIR remixes AREN'T getting much support from the fandom. Why? because many don't like them. My point was that maybe this is BH's way of testing ARMY. To see if we'll support anything thrown at us. But if that was not the case, then you might be right.

13. queenmeiqisfan

Currency:
    Remixes are normal thing for any western release. They just may trying to move like western artist and target new audience since it's really radio friendly. I think this whole "testing ARMY" theory is really kpop. What BH is actually testing is methods to keep hype with less releases.

Anyway this EDM thing they did was awful, but acoustic one is amazing. I liked this song from beginning and I think it's perfect song for this kind of experiment.

Zehila, MIRACOLE, nebula88 and 3 others like this.
  14. Menean

Menean Trendsetter

Currency:
    Hmmmm haven't thought of that but this is a good point. (To me, ARMYPEDIA was one of the best events we had this year).
    True. We're barely getting enough time between releases this year.

Do you mind elaborating on the last part? Like, how do you think these remixes (or other low-quality releases) will negatively affect BTS...

Ash_and_Thorns likes this.
  15. gh05t

gh05t Celebrity

Currency:
    Financial Consultant
    But it's getting them what they want, Streams. MIR remix has more streams than the original MIR and the remixes of that remix are getting it as well. Army might not like it but a large portion are supporting it regardless of how trash it is. If you all want to make a point you should stream the original or trend something to get BH attention instead of just doing what they want you to do like brain-dead sheep

privateinfrench likes this.
  16. Kimi101

Kimi101 Newbie

Currency:
    I agree with this. Different remixes attracts different audiences. I would say the problem lies with the radio edited versions. They sound the same.

Menean likes this.
  17. queenmeiqisfan

Currency:
    Radio edited versions are awful and unnecessary, nightmarish thing that is not only BTS problem. Looking at radio attention first remix is getting and where is Lauv's part - at the beginning of the song. I'm convinced that this is the way to actually attract new audience. It's really good way to do so, way better then obnoxious promo they could do. This is BH way to I think actually targeting gp through content.

BTS was always a group to promote steadily through content and I think it's GP version of this.

Menean likes this.
  18. LokisHorns

LokisHorns Public Figure

Currency:
    That could actually be the case. I feel like they are pretty aware that MIR isn't going to be THAT hit, makes sense it some sort of marketing research. Hope they'll give me more acoustic remixes in the future then, cause I honest to god love the MIR one AND the Young Forever unplugged version as well.

Also wanna add that I don't think most ARMYs hate the featuring of Lauv, I've only seen mostly tae solo stans complain about that due to line distribution. But generally the song seems to be liked enough by most OT7's. Of course only basing this off my twitter TL.

Menean likes this.
  19. Ash_and_Thorns

Ash_and_Thorns Trendsetter

Currency:
    A Lazy Manager of Something
    You said it yourself , people aren't supporting these remixes as one would usually expect from the fandom . Had these remixes been released a year ago , I assure you , we would've been pushing hard for these regardless of what we thought about them as we see it as an opportunity for BTS . But with us getting constant content with a dropping quality to some degree ( movies , games , dolls , some merch etc ... ) , fans grow restless and exhausted . Worse , it creates a disparity of image : Bang PD usually talks about how this industry is ruthless and he wants to change things but then he goes and does exactly what the industry's purpose is : make as much money as possible regardless of entegrity . I'm sure you've noticed , but lately there have been a lot of fans questioning BH and the rising capitalism surrounding BTS , how the fans are being milked with no respect and how art is being discarded in favor of money etc ...
    Currently , fans are seperating BTS and BH as two entirely different enteties but that won't last for long , eventually , people will start to ask whether BTS are sincere about simply wanting to make music , whether they truly care and respect their fans etc ... The validity of these claims would be irrelevant because their existence is what would matter . Eventually , people would start taking a step back from supporting BTS with frevor and it would hurt them , especially when it comes to their image .

What I'm saying is merely a conjecture based on what I've seen with Swifties , there's a big chance that I'm wrong :3

20. Anon813

Anon813 Celebrity

Currency:
    Engineer
    Majority of the fandom is not even supporting the remixes, you can see the general concise in Reddit where most of the reaction was negative. Even twitter is not into these remixes as you clearly dont see anything trending related to these songs and non of our main bases are actually trying to get the song any radio play.

hughbee27 and Menean like this.