Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Are you enjoying BlackpinkTV?

Discussion in 'K-Movies & TV' started by lulinolcy24, Jan 19, 2018.

1. lulinolcy24

lulinolcy24 Artist

I was just watching the first 2 episodes and came to the conclusion that this show might be too perfect for my taste. Wearing make up when going to sleep, calling a chef to make sandwiches, I don't know..
    I wanted to see something more real in order to get to know them better, but i'll probably still watch it just because it's them
    I just hope in the future episodes we'll se them in the studio, see how they work, or preparing for the comeback (me delulu mind) or even just haying fun playing games or missions

#1 lulinolcy24, Jan 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  2. deceased

deceased Rookie

yeah i agree with what you said haha i wish they didn't wear makeup to sleep just because of the cameras...
    but i'm still enjoying blackpinktv! it's pretty entertaining ^_^

Lookie likes this.
  3. pleasehelpme

pleasehelpme ♡AKP's Sweetheart♡
    . Events Team

I like it, the girls are enjoyable to watch but so far the subject matter has been lacking. Considering it's basically being used to reintroduce them to the public I understand why it seems unrealistically perfect. I suspect it will be more exciting very soon because even the difference between episode 1 and 2 was much better for me

4. gachigasm

gachigasm Artist

Yeah, they're just too perfect in the show seriously, Jisoo especially only wears sweatshirts and sweatpants as the visual like wutt..also doesn't like to do makeup and shopping and just like to play games..that's is like such an ideal personality..just too perfect sigh..

5. ZYXMYG

ZYXMYG Artist

wait what ? are you serious? do they call the chef to come make sandwiches for them ... or is it like a featuring sesh?

:whatk:

i need to go catch up lmao

6. KpopCaptain

KpopCaptain Artist

Honestly it’s a bit boring however frankly I’ll keep watching as anything with BP in it has to be seen. I think they need to go do some fun stuff, trip to Hawaii should be great

kpopaye likes this.
  7. nowthisislow

nowthisislow Entertainer

Exactly this! I get a feeling I'm watching some TV series with actors, not reality show. Hope to see more "real" BP in later episodes.

8. ArieIIe

ArieIIe Star

yeah,, im enjoying it

9. Jack_Pink

Jack_Pink Artist

nooooo lol, they called a chef because they had to make 100 sandwiches for a the fans in a fan meeting

10. eager_beaver

eager_beaver Super Rookie

You're right. It lacks a certain rawness that many other similar shows about girl groups have. Other BTS videos, web reality shows, etc. might not have a lot of money or production values, but they portray the women just doing crazy shit together in their tiny dorms, like playing games, goofing around, and talking about stupid things. Those videos reveal their personalities in a different way than this polished and slick Blackpink TV where all their activities seem scripted, scheduled and well-planned. Maybe upcoming episodes will change that.

rjkoya3579 likes this.
  11. ZYXMYG

ZYXMYG Artist

oh right lmao!! that makes more sense

:teeheek::teeheek::teeheek:

12. Jang_Sunny

Jang_Sunny Artist

Yes. I'm enjoying their quirks...

Jennie, who doesn't like that her privacy is gone.

Rose, who VERY confidently and emphatically tells that baby pink is the best pink!

Jisoo, who can't handle shopping woes...

Lisa, who bought the rabbit print cushion which was called 'gross' by Jennie....

Yes, I love watching these quirky girls! :teeheek::teeheek::teeheek:
    :loverr3:

13. lizvip

lizvip Star

I like it.... but every one have different taste, so is normal if you dont enjoy it

Jang_Sunny likes this.
  14. Jack_Pink

Jack_Pink Artist

i'm loving it actually, it is making me love jisoo more but at the same is making even harder to chose a real bias (i say jisoo is my bias but i still not sure about that i just love them all)

Jang_Sunny likes this.
  15. jhing1123

jhing1123 Super Rookie

I stan YGE groups
    Its because they were first introduced with badass/girl crush concept, so the seemed unapproachable and the likes. So when they show their true personality in BP TV, people saw this as scripted etc. If girl groups who has a cute/girly concept would have a reality TV, knets would say that the show was not scripted.

Jang_Sunny and Chaittra like this.
  16. peony21

peony21 Rookie

I didn't watched it yet but what you wrote does seem reasonable i do see bp as a perfect looking group everything is on point like yg tried to give them as perfect as possible image it kinda personally turns me off. I do feel there is more to these girls than yg is letting us to see but the company's fear of mistakes have got the best of them.

lulinolcy24 likes this.
  17. maragana

maragana Artist

I see what you mean- especially when all of their clothes are #goals worthy. But I honestly don't see that when I watch the show. I just see my 4 girls having fun. Lol.

Jang_Sunny, rjkoya3579 and Chaittra like this.
  18. jenstals

jenstals Star

The whole concept of the show is to move them out of their dorm, put them in a palace like house and treat them like princesses for 100 days before they go back to the dungeon. If they wanted a standard reality show like other groups do, they could've shot it in their dorms.

19. jenstals

jenstals Star

LOL no, a chef came to teach them how to make a super fancy sample sandwich for their fanmeet, they learned and made the rest of the 100 themselves

ZYXMYG likes this.
  20. jojomomo

jojomomo Artist

I have watched one episode. It was okay borderline boring. Does it get a lot more interesting in episode 2??
    I still think that YG was and is mis-managing BP. I'm sure most fans would enjoy the show, it's like fan service, but not much more than that. I don't think the show is entertaining enough for non-fans to follow, and therefore will do little to help expand their fan base. Playing princesses in a pink house doesn't really make them more approachable or down to earth than their original cool edgy image. Just seems like YG is unsure and flip-flopping about their concept.
    They really could've done without this faff, and just do some new good solid music.

PrincesadeJI and rjkoya3579 like this.