Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Are Twice already considered Legends?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Lost_time, Sep 22, 2018.

Tags:
?

Are Twice Legends yet?

1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    70.8%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    29.2%
  1. Lost_time

Lost_time Rookie

Should Twice already be called legends? Twice are still under 3 years old, but their achievements are insane. They already have more achievements then some old gen girl groups that are considered legends. There are only a select few girl groups who Twice haven't beaten overall in achievements yet.

IMO Twice should already be called Legends because what they have done is insane.

2. M00NLGHT

M00NLGHT Trainee

yes. they're a wall and i feel like nugu ggs look up to them. to me atleast, they're legends.

suiram, demenshorts, lth7 and 6 others like this.
  3. King23

King23 Newbie

Yes, their impact and accomplishments speak for themselves.

lth7, Yaya_1, PINKBLINK and 2 others like this.
  4. MirajaneAlpha22

People tend to call you a legend when you get older as a group, that is their mentality.

wonderboy47, EazyC and Lost_time like this.
  5. twentyfivedollar

twentyfivedollar Public Figure

They are legends in the making as I see it.

6. EazyC

EazyC Memorable

Promoting Twice and EXO
    They are legends to me because I am a ONCE,I do think they are too young to be viewed as legends but I think they are viewed at as the most successful girl group of this generation and will be legends in the future.

7. emanresu

emanresu Memorable

Tzuyu has been a legend in my eyes since 2017.

All angels are legends.

Mythical creatures sent by an old man in the sky.

But for real I think TWICE will eventually qualify.

The only thing they're missing is longevity, which is usually a part of being considered a "legend".

8. wonderboy47

wonderboy47 Newbie

I agree that Twice is beyond amazing, but the fact is that being a legend also comes with age. WG were monsters when they debuted and continued success and made a lot of firsts for Koreans in America but only now are considered legendary, SNSD debuted in 2007, were monsters from Gee on but didn't get legendary status until years later as well. You see where I'm going with this? It is the amount of time you can stay relevant in the industry not just your current impact.

Like even look at western artists like Ariana Grande who has huge achievements and is always said to have the best voice in the industry now...she is not a legend yet while Mariah Carey is. This isn't because she hasn't had huge success or awards, but it is because she has only been around for a few years. Mariah Carey on the other hand has been in the game for 20.

Kura2654, Lyra_Verse, miitsss and 2 others like this.
  9. PINKBLINK

PINKBLINK Newbie

Jobless!
  10. LeeriaYa

LeeriaYa ⚅♘ ~ Koala The Gambler~♞⚅
    Moderator Team .

*(•,•)* Supporting Seventeen
    Legend is considered in the years. Because if a group can continue to dominate it has to continue for more years before they can be called legends. It comes with age. Not achievements. Girl’s Generation wasn’t considered legends till further in their years. Twice can be considered queens. at this point,but not legends. It’s the same for Red velvet. They can be considered princesses,or queens. But,until they can continue to show they won’t be legends yet. It’s like taking a group who’s only been debuted for one year,and throwing legend on them for having a huge achievement. Groups need to create achievements,and break previous ones constantly to be claimed legend rank. : ^) I consider twice queens so far. Just IMO not legends yet.

Kpopaddict4life7 and anime0127 like this.
  11. Theo35

Theo35 Rookie

based on their sales only, yes

12. strawberrimeii

strawberrimeii Trainee

Once
    Definition of legend is:
    -an extremely famous or notorious person, especially in a particular field

-very well known.

(So I don't think how old the group is matters.)

Lost_time likes this.
  13. Coelacanth

Coelacanth Rookie

Personally, I tend to use the term "legend" to refer to groups which have been around for a while; groups whose peaks took place in the past. Hence the term "legendary," y'know? Something incredible which happened some time ago. Seo Taiji and Boys; TVXQ; Super Junior; SNSD... these are all groups I'd describe as legends. But Twice's peak is taking place right now! That doesn't make them undeserving of legend status; they will 1000% be considered legends in the future. They've already done more than enough to earn the label! But they're still in the process of writing their story, so I'll hold off calling it a legend until it's finished.

Of course, I have no reservations about calling Twice superstars, icons, legends in the making, titans of their industry, the Nation's Girl Group, and my personal favorite GG of all time :)

14. AnotherKpopTrash

You are right about the definition. But kpop legend might not fit the textbook definition.

I think they've already achieved enough that no matter what happens now, they will considered legends in the future. But I don't think the public will give them that title for a few years. My personal opinion is that they're still all such humble girls still who look up to their sunbaes, and I doubt they would call themselves legends. And that's what I love about them. They've remained humble despite the unparalleled success.

Coelacanth likes this.
  15. AnotherKpopTrash

Wow, you said it so well! I completely agree.

Coelacanth likes this.
  16. SaviorTwice

SaviorTwice Married to : @Sooyoungster34

Momo's wife
    Is that because she turned legal?
    ACA4F1BD-FAFA-4872-A9F2-73DC9F7D0326.png

emanresu likes this.
  17. emanresu

emanresu Memorable

Lmao.

No even before she was legal.

I meant when I started stanning her in early 2017.

It had nothing to do with that lol.

SaviorTwice likes this.
  18. SowonderfulBlue

Not by "loose" terms but everyone already considers them so. And honestly as everyone else says, when you look at it they will be/are. It's just the longevity/time which they'll be fine on *knocks on wood*. Even when you compare them to BTS who is in a league of their own, Twice is also in a league of their own. A lot of people like to say that with BP's success on DDDD, that they're "dethroning" Twice, but Twice has been dominating from their second comeback with Cheer Up. That's already a form of longevity and is not comparable to the rest of the current generation as Twice has been consistent this whole time.

19. elfinkyy

elfinkyy Trainee

Depends if the general public (international and korean fans) views them as legends and I don't think they do but I could be totally wrong.

20. Kura2654

Kura2654 Trainee

The girls are just missing longevity to be consider legends. It’s been only 3 years

When it comes to onces yes they’re legends but that’s how it is with every fandom regardless.