Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Are small companies opting to commiting sajaegi cus of the unfairness of the industry?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by SeulgisAbs, Jul 18, 2018.

1. SeulgisAbs

SeulgisAbs Artist

I mean these indie artists, solo acts coming from nugu companies really struggle. it's not like they put out bad music but they never get that exposure or breakthrough. imagine putting out good content & not getting anything inn return. damn it must suck

both Nilo & Shaun songs are good but before the sajaegi controversary, nobody knew of the songs or talked of em.

so, the fault is with those handful ppl who accidentally listened to their songs & never shared em with the rest of the world, not the company. honestly!

jimeous likes this.
  2. POLO_COOL

POLO_COOL Entertainer

that stup*d idea, Melomance Bol4 Hyukoh can rise without that

lizvip, Dreamer95, MonbebeX and 4 others like this.
  3. PringleGoddess

PringleGoddess Super Rookie

I really doubt it's only small companies doing it. It's just more suspicious when they do it.

Chimmgi, La_Decay and jimeous like this.
  4. Theo35

Theo35 Artist

big 3 have been in industry for long time. small companies must be ready for the struggle. but doing the sajaegi thing isnt the right strategy

MrAkimo123 likes this.
  5. iijm

iijm Super Rookie

Bol4 were on superstar k6 and because Galaxy was a mega bop and perfect for them, Melomance struck gold thanks to Sketchbook. Hyukoh made it thanks to Infinite Challenge and IU's promo (I even suspect IU had something to do with putting them on IC in the first place.)

So yeah you do need some network and reach to put your artists on those shows to begin with.

Thing though is people think idols aren't doing sajaegi just because they're from a big company lol. There's some stuff that's sus eve from them.

6. POLO_COOL

POLO_COOL Entertainer

hyukoh from sketchbook then IC, that i saw in Sketchbook special 400
    a lot idol from big company struggle to have good chart

lizvip and Dreamer95 like this.
  7. hwa_sa

hwa_sa Super Rookie

It's very simple: low risk, high reward.

8. kpopisbaebae

kpopisbaebae Entertainer

its not like the big companies became big overnight. they too were small at one point. wrong is wrong no matter how you try to sugar coat it

MrAkimo123 and La_Decay like this.
  9. jasque

jasque Star

The songs are good tho

10. D_Liam

D_Liam Rookie

yeah, large companies is not guilty at all.....
    not saying that large company do that, but even if they did, no one would suspect them because they have the privilege. I felt sad for these smaller artists. they are talented, but in this type of industry, having industrial power is was major plus.

11. Bebe

Bebe Artist

Large companies don't really need to pull this crap since SKr's culture puts all of their trust in the big three, turning a blind eye and not trusting smaller companies.
    I mean, I do and don't agree with it, it's still illegal regardless but dog eat dog.

12. songqion

songqion Artist

So we're just gonna pretend big companies don't manipulate charts... Okay. If those so called nugus are able to do it don't you think it would be common sense that a powerful and influential company is able to do the same thing 10 times harder?

13. Bebe

Bebe Artist

You clearly don't know how much power and control bigger companies has in any country without flashing money, all they have to do is flash fear. lmao
    But until you have evidence of either big or small companies doing this I won't be responding to paranoia.

14. songqion

songqion Artist

I'm not sure if you're aware of this but SK has a lot of corruption. The ex president was dismissed from her charge for the exact same thing.

If you think they function only according to fear, go ahead and don't pay attention to all the media play these companies constantly pull out (mnet, naver, etc). As well as you i don't have any proof rather than paranoia and in these cases the small fishes are the easiest to catch (nilo an shaun).

15. Hermes1

Hermes1 Star

I see parallels to the year 2013.

I was up to 300 because Girls Day, 9Muses and Rainbow did not win a single time despite great performances at the TV Music shows.

That almost ruined my enjoyment of K-pop.

Thirty-three times in a row, the TV shows have been won exclusively by artists from SM, YG or JYP (3 times per week over 4 months).

Girls Day - Expectations release: March 14, 2013

9Muses - Dolls release: January 24, 2013

Rainbow - Tell Me release: February 13, 2013

16. twicexoxo

twicexoxo Artist

Promoting Baek A Yeon
    It's not just small companies, it's larger ones as well. That still doesn't make it right, but people shouldn't be hating on artists from smaller companies just because their company committed sajaegi. It's just more noticeable with small companies and it's not the artist's fault so I don't get why so many people are hating Nilo. Hate on the industry in general, not the artist.

suiram likes this.