Are Korean skincare products better then western skincare?

Discussion in 'Fashion & Beauty' started by bollwoodvskpop, Jul 25, 2016.

1. zylan

zylan Public Figure

Currency:
    I am posting again here. I am a guy and need more smooth skin. Are there korean skincare products for guys? What does BTS use? Thanks.

2. Kpopaesthetic1

Kpopaesthetic1 Trendsetter

Currency:
    Yes of course! I live in the USA and to tell you the truth it is better than the skincare products we have in America. Ive used some Korean skincare products and boi they have to be the best thing ever for my skin. Way better than western skincare products. My mom also loves using Korean skincare products and it helps her a lot with her skin. Also the reason why I said Korean skincare products are better is because they are well known to take care of their skin. If you do some research you will know that they love taking care of their skin. That’s why you see so many Korean people or Korean celebrities or even kpop idols taking care of their skin because they don’t want their skin to have pimples or anything. Even older generations takes care of it. They are very protective over it.

3. Mary_clair

Mary_clair Newbie

Currency:
    blogger
    Korean beauty secrets are now famous and well-known worldwide due to awesome result, but following DIY formulas are not convenient all the time. Queenka is here to share all the beauty secrets with the Best Korean Skin Care Products that you are looking for.

4. CascadeCARB

CascadeCARB Newbie

Currency:
    well... I actually think that there's not a big difference, maybe only price (?)

5. GukkieBun

GukkieBun GukLORYous ♡

Currency:
    Being soft
    I'd say Korean skincare has better and more advanced technology but that doesn't mean that it will definitely be better for your skin, do try it out though~ Just always remember that different things will always work for different ppl!

6. Candy416

Candy416 Newbie

Currency:
    Yes and no. Certain Korean companies may be more advanced than certain American companies, and vice versa. There are so many companies out there trying to hit the market with new and innovative skincare... there is great R&D being done in both countries (and elsewhere!). For example, at home (US) L'oreal is spearheading the 3d printing of human skin. Korean skincare first used snail mucin which is now a highly sought after skincare ingredient. But did you know the Mexicans were also early adopters of snails in skincare? Alphabet creams were developed in Germany.

Two things that differentiate Korean skincare are...
    (1) prices- Korean skincare is often more affordable due to higher in-market competition.
    (2) incorporation of new, innovative and well-researched ingredients like snail mucin, starfish extract, horse oil, etc.