Are Korean skincare products better then western skincare?

Discussion in 'Fashion & Beauty' started by bollwoodvskpop, Jul 25, 2016.

1. AreYouMyGFriend

Currency:
    Thanks.

2. elly2k

elly2k Super Rookie

Currency:
    I have used Western brands, Japanese brands and Korean brands. And so far, I must say Korean brands suits my skin best.

Even within Korean brands I have tried The Faceshop, Belif, Nature's Republic and Innisfree. Currently, I've settled on Innisfree. I love their serums and moisturizers the best.

3. bollwoodvskpop

Currency:
    Yes Ive hear good things about Innisfree, which Innisfree products are you using?

4. elly2k

elly2k Super Rookie

Currency:

I'm using their Orchid Skin range (purple color) - toner, serum, moisturizer and eye cream.

I also use their Apple Juicy make-up remover, Lip Scrub, Scalp Scaler, Body Lotion and some make-up items like eyebrow pencil, CC cream, mascara etc.

5. USSR

USSR Rookie

Currency:
    Well, look at how FUCKING GORGEOUS Korean girls can look. So i think YES they are good.

shy_shy_shy likes this.
  6. SoftButRough

SoftButRough Newbie

Currency:
    What's a good toner?

7. hallyunoona

hallyunoona Newbie

Currency:
    Teacher by Day. Owner of HallyuNoona.com by night
    Yes and no.

Certainly the R&D for Korean Skin care brands is not joke and usually the trend starts over therer and then appear in western brands later.

In part It depends where i nthe world you are. For me, skin care products are pretty expensive and brand availabilty is very limited so I find Korean products give better effectiveness for the price.

A lot of people however will usemixed routines, using whatever product is best for them for each part of their routine. There are some products I think asian brands do particulalry well with, for example sunscreen for your face (my copuntry is pretty good for sunscreen for your body) and products that tackle pigmentation.

The actual routines etc I find really effective and much easier to build than any western skincare systems, but I am a scientist and I love the research based approach in K-beauty as well as the rules and structure.

cosmeticswise, you probably will have a strong preference either way. for example Korean and Japanese brands give me much better colour matches, but that is becasue of my actual skin tone.

8. iwhsbb

iwhsbb Newbie

Currency:
    I'm a black african and I found the rice and ceramide moisture cream from The face shop the best thing that's ever happened to me. It's made my skin so smooth. I now order it regularly through amazon. I also bought other amazing product like face wash from sasa in hong kong but i can't find them online which i find so devastating because they were 'perfect' for my skin. I used a few facemasks also and i found the expensive box brand types to be very good but the drugstore one similar to those here in the UK. The animal ones are funky but i can't say they were better.

bollwoodvskpop likes this.
  9. zylan

zylan Public Figure

Currency:
    I'm a guy and my skin is kinda rough looking ..will these products help for a guy? also have a few pimple scars.

shy_shy_shy likes this.
  10. mkusa

mkusa Public Figure

Currency:
    My gf uses Etude House (Korean) and Shu Uemura (Japanese). She says nothing in the US compares.....especially the lame efforts to copy BB cream. I suspect the US F&DAdmin has something to do with that.

shy_shy_shy and MUSIC_LIFE like this.
  11. Beautyeleganto

Currency:
    Youtube Blogger
    I believe they are much better in more affordable!!! Give it a try and see for yourself.......

12. MUSIC_LIFE

MUSIC_LIFE Newbie

Currency:
    Music Industry
    I'd always opt for something natural. You never know what they are putting in our products these days.

13. helix_ifrog

helix_ifrog Newbie

Currency:
    University Student
    I heard about Skin Food.. My friends who've been in Korea (we're Italians) said it's a good and cheap brand, and the products were good for their skin.. They brought me a hand cream and it did marvels! But don't know about other Skin Food products.. Anyone had different experiences? I'm interested in it, I've been in Japan twice and I think that in Asia makeup and skincare have lots of attention.. Though I cannot decide what to buy since the products are sooo sooo many...

14. RapmonsGayHusba

Currency:
    Well I use this ones and they work amazing
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Plus I use 12 drops of coconut oil on da face

15. 2K_ENT

2K_ENT Newbie

Currency:
    i have an experience in that
    i am used to using western products more and my best friend uses only korean products
    you know what? i DO feel that her skin is much better than mine : D
    but i think western decorative is better than asian
    but korean skincare products are better than western

16. InvisibleBBC02

Currency:
    Troll-Patrol
    I recommend the Green Tea Balancing Skin from Innisfree. Fairly cheap if you buy it off Amazon and it doesn't contain alcohol as far as I know, so it won't dry the absolute shit out of your skin.

17. KyuHyung19

KyuHyung19 Rookie

Currency:
    Moist is my family. I love it so much. My oily skin is no joking. I apply the aloe moist before go to bed and the next day, my face is so refreshing. Less oily and most important it moisturized my skin very well.

18. jjgreen

jjgreen Newbie

Currency:
    I think so. I used to use the French makeup - Oreal, but then I changed to the Korean makeup. By the way, have any of you ever tried the Japanese beauty products? SK-II and Shiseido sound famous, too.

shy_shy_shy likes this.
  19. Monika87

Monika87 Newbie

Currency:
    I think that Korean is better. I've tried many different cosmetics and after Korean one my skin is so soft.

20. The_Fashion_Yard

Currency:
    Owner
    2 Rhodes Drive, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 8NH
    Korean skincare is often more affordable due to higher in-market competition and more better than the other skincares