Are Korean skincare products better then western skincare?

Discussion in 'Fashion & Beauty' started by bollwoodvskpop, Jul 25, 2016.

1. bollwoodvskpop

Currency:
    Ive been really interested in Korean skincare products and want to know why people are prefering Korean skincare over western skincare products?

Let me know if you have had ana amazing experience with them.

2. BlingingJams

BlingingJams Leader

Currency:
    Honestly this is a great question
    Yes, Yes, YES.
    Usually I've found them equivalent to a lot of the pricier Western Lines such as SkinCeuticals, AyurMedic, etc
    Much better than similarly priced drugstore skincare for sure

notfunnybtw and Lulu_Key like this.
  3. Saraa0112

Saraa0112 Super Rookie

Currency:
    Definitely! Korean products are better. They are cheap compared to Western products and yield fast results, especially moisturisers and face washes.

notfunnybtw likes this.
  4. AreYouMyGFriend

Currency:
    Where, and which ones? I need a new moisturizer and face mask.

5. bollwoodvskpop

Currency:
    Thanks for replying, I'm purchasing the Nature Republic ALoe Vera gel and COSRX low ph morning cleanser and some more products as well. Which moisturiser do you highly recommend?

6. Anything_Korean

Currency:
    They really are good! I've been using a lot of The Face Shop Products lately, Like their Mango Seed Silk Moisturizer Lotion, for about 7 months and that has like changed my life. My face has always been really dry due to the weather in my area (always dry as heck out here) and so it helps keep my faced moisturized throughout the day. But their stuff can be pretty pricey, if you buy it off of amazon the face shop prodcuts is a lot cheaper there.

7. bollwoodvskpop

Currency:
    Im from the UK and a lot of the Korean products are mainly available on Amazon and are cheap. :)

Anything_Korean likes this.
  8. BlingingJams

BlingingJams Leader

Currency:
    Mizon's Snail line is amazing, and you really can't go wrong with Missha. Their Time revolution first treatment essence is a game changer

9. silveroaksm

silveroaksm Super Rookie

Currency:
    I have only tried a couple of face packs and I think they are the same. You just get a lot of variety in Korean products. That's the only difference imo.

10. bollwoodvskpop

Currency:
    I know about Mizon and I've heard a lot of good things about the Missha Essence, in what way has it transformed your skin?

MUSIC_LIFE and BlingingJams like this.
  11. apink6fairies

apink6fairies Trainee

Currency:
    Yes, for sure. I've tried quite a few samples and a lot of masks and moisturizers and 2 cleansers, and most gave me better results than the western ones. The Nature Republic Aloe Gel stuff does wonders. It moisturizes my skin really well (I have combination skin but moisturizers are so hard to find because my skin sucks it up so quickly and is dry again less than 1-2 hours later), and when I wake up in the morning, it looks a lot more fresh. I've heard it doesn't reduce redness for all people, but for me, if I have a pimple, it reduces the redness and the pimple isn't as noticeable of a color. I bought it over a year ago and I pretty much have 3/4 of the container left.

notfunnybtw likes this.
  12. takit

takit Trendsetter

Currency:
    Researcher
    Yes and No!

13. Lulu_Key

Lulu_Key Veteran

Currency:
    Astronaut
    Nature Republic has this aloe moist spray.
    Its the most refreshing amazing moisturizer and u need even need to use ur hands u just spray it and go. You can even use it over makeup

14. bollwoodvskpop

Currency:
    Thanks for the review, I'll be putting in a review, Im also thinking of buying Wonder Pore and COSRX low ph cleanser, looking forward to it.

15. AreYouMyGFriend

Currency:
    All you people Asian? Asian skin is different, you know.

16. bollwoodvskpop

Currency:
    Im South Asian and from what I know, skincare products are not specifically targeted at any races.

BlingingJams and LanaWhatever like this.
  17. BlingingJams

BlingingJams Leader

Currency:
    It brightened up my complexion and gave me a more overall skin texture if that makes sense, like now I only have a couple of fading acne scars whereas before My skin had quite a few bumps and whiteheads, but now it's pretty smooth

bollwoodvskpop likes this.
  18. Saraa0112

Saraa0112 Super Rookie

Currency:
    @AreYouMyGFriend @bollwoodvskpop Innisfree and Laniege have some great moisturises and masks. I bought the whitening pore cream from Innisfree to even out my skin color, but it works better as a moisturiser. I use it when my skin needs some quick saving. As for masks, Laniege has the water bank (something like that) line which has a very good over night mask. However, if you were referring to sheet masks, I'd recommend the animals masks from SNP (not sure of the name) although they are a bit pricey. I've only tried another brand, which is Etude House, but I felt that the masks had less of the goo (lol idk what to call it, product?) compared to SNP. I also bought the Rice Bran Cleansing Foam from The Face Shop as a gentle scrub for my face, but it hydrates my skin soooo well. If you hate applying moisturisers or just want to skip applying it, I'd recommend the Sunprise Water Essence from Etude House. I am not sure if this helped, but I am still on the hunt (just need to go through my current supply haha).

MUSIC_LIFE likes this.
  19. AreYouMyGFriend

Currency:
    Are you an Asian?

What do you use as a daily cleanser? I just use Noxema for years now, and I need a change because I don't think it's helping my skin.

And is the Innisfree stuff a good daily moisturizer?

#19 AreYouMyGFriend, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  20. Saraa0112

Saraa0112 Super Rookie

Currency:
    I suppose I am (?). I am from the middle east.

The type of cleanser you should use depends on your skin type. I have dry skin, but the etude house wonder pore foam cleanser works for me. The gentle face wash from Johnson's is also quite good, although its not a korean brand.

Yes, the Innisfree cream would be a great daily moisturiser, especially if you have very dry skin and live in a hot climate. But the container is small so it will run out fast.