Are gaming chairs worth it?

Discussion in 'Video Games & Tech' started by alexgrin, Aug 13, 2019.

1. alexgrin

alexgrin Trainee

Currency:
    I’m currently looking to get a new chair to use while at my desk gaming, listening to music etc. The question I’m asking myself is are gaming chairs worth it. The idea of spending $300+ on a gaming chair to me sounds ridiculous, but how about a budget end gaming chair, is it still better than a normal office chair. The gaming chair I am looking at is the Bathurst racer chair which is $150 Australian dollars. Should I go with a budget gaming chair or just settle for a nice office chair. I would like a chair that seems like it is worth the money and will last me a long time. Suggestions or advice are appreciated.

2. signalbonae

signalbonae Super Rookie

Currency:
    They're much better, there's a reason people buy them when they can. They're really comfortable and good for your back and neck

3. joombo

joombo Newbie

Currency:
    For me recliner is the most comfortable gaming chair. I bought one recently but I always check reviews about best gaming recliners before purchasing. Recliners are very comfortable.

#3 joombo, Aug 13, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  4. StCatMouse

StCatMouse Rookie

Currency:
    Procrastinator
    Eh, I just pile boxes and sit on those.
    Don't know if OP had already made his purchase but kidding aside, don't cheap out when it comes to selecting your chair. It's the same as when you are choosing your display (you'd be staring at that thing for thousands of hours) as you'd be sitting on hours on end and you could really screw up your back on a cheap chair. Research and check out reviews thoroughly so you'd have a very informed decision once you dole out your hard-earned cash.
    IMHO, I'd steer away from office chairs but it's your money and YMMV.
    I'm not really familiar with Bathurst line of chairs but a quick Google tells me it's not that good and that's with the caveat that the reviews are anecdotal.