April's Jinsol asks netizens to stop making slowed gifs of herself in short outfits

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by certified_1, Dec 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. certified_1

certified_1 Leader

Currency:
    April’s Jinsol Begs Fans to Stop Objectifying Her With Slow-Mo GIFs

“When I search my name, a few of those always pop up, but I hate them so much.” – Jinsol

[​IMG]

April‘s Jinsol recently posted an Instastory pleading for fans to stop taking videos of her wearing revealing outfits and making them into slow-mo GIFs.

[​IMG]

The message reads as follows:

[​IMG]

People take videos of me dancing, walking, or running in short outfits or outfits that are extra tight and make them into slow-mo GIFs. Please stop doing that. When I search my name, a few of those always pop up, but I hate them so much.

— Jinsol

The post is currently trending online for how unfortunate it is that Jinsol had to make such a plea on her social media.

[​IMG]

As the youngest member of her group, Jinsol is currently 18 years old, and she debuted with April back in 2015 and is still active with them today.

[​IMG]
    Article: April's Jinsol expresses pain over sexual harassment posts, "Gifs of me slowed down in short outfits... I really hate it"

Source: Mydaily via Nate

1. [+503, -56] These sex criminals have no problem sexually harassing a minor and then hating on her when she expresses that she doesn't like it...

2. [+473, -63] It's wrong for people to do that but I also think her agency is a part of the problem for dressing a minor in such revealing clothes on stage

3. [+349, -122] Stupid Korean men, they don't even know what the issue is

4. [+62, -8] There are tons of sex criminals on some male community sites... it's disgusting

5. [+54, -7] Yes, her agency is problematic for dressing her like that, but you can also help by not making those gifs. You guys are sex criminals;

6. [+54, -13] It really is disgusting.. why do they do it?? Do you really want to make gifs like that of a minor..? I see some comments blaming her agency but you guys are a bigger agency. Stop mumbling about her agency to justify your own actions, it's vomit-inducing.

7. [+53, -7] I bet all the comments whining about her agency having blame as well are 100% men

8. [+40, -7] Why is she getting hate when she's just asking people not to make sexual gifs of her? ㅋ Korean men are amazing.

9. [+23, -5] It's extremely brave of her to write something like this as a young idol... I don't know why anyone would want to do this to someone just barely 20 years old...

10. [+19, -3] It's all over YouTube as well, there needs to be some kind of restriction on this stuff

-

Juliabuhuhu, 9397Duo and jisungstoes like this.
  2. Teshubs_Irene

Currency:
    There's more popular idols who get a ton of these done to them but they never said a word in regards. OMG Arin probably had like 3x the amount of gifs Jinsol had, let alone more popular Big 3 female idols. I think her company may be doing some media play here. This is just going to get the creeps more excited to search or make them

keiko_tomoe and miamihurricanes like this.
  3. certified_1

certified_1 Leader

Currency:
    It's actually media play.