Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

[APPRECIATION] 17: Their Rise, them and everything you didn't knew

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by lighterxx, Aug 22, 2017.

1. lighterxx

lighterxx Star

So as an old Carat, I decided to share my wisdom. This idea is given to by @Jen_Chae_Li_Soo and @Hellotreasure ^^ Thank you! The ones who have read this, please don't let this flop, I worked hard on it!

You probably don't read all of it, but at least read the predebut part, thank you^^

Who are Seventeen?
    Seventeen is an idol group formed under Pledis entertainment, debuted at 2015. Now counted as one of the most influencing groups at Korea.

Their Music:
    All of their songs started to get written when Woozi hit the 3 year trainee mark. So the songs we are currently listening from their albums are all written before the trend got set. They just compose some parts again and use them. That's why Seventeen, despite being a self-producing idol group, can give out 2 comebacks a year.

Members:
    Pledis didn't had a budget but they didn't want their talented trainees to go, so they always told them small lies, false hopes to make them stay in first place. For example, they first scheduled Scoups to a group called Tempest, along with Woozi. But group didn't worked out. Then scheduled only Scoups to Nu'est, but they found him too young back then. After the 6 year trainee period, Scoups managed to debut. Woozi trained for 5 years, he was also gotten trained as producer. (He said he wanted to be a producer because of the free app he saw on Wonwoo's MAC lol, that sucky bandmate app was what formed Seventeen)

Almost all members are street casted, basically chosen because of their visual.
    The members that got auditioned before choosing:
    Woozi
    Wonwoo
    DK

Other members were street-casted mostly when they were performing something or showing talent. Hoshi was on dancing competition, Joshua was playing guitar at a festival before they hired him, Seungkwan who was auditioned with his singing video his teacher uploaded to the internet. Then there are member who joined because of luck, Mingyu, entered Seventeen by singing the national anthem at the audition, Jeonghan cast because they saw him at subway station, Jun was at a market in China when he got cast...

It was basically pure gamble on Pledis's side to form this group.

Predebut:

Pledis would give them missions to prove themselves. They really lived through hard times to debut, they tried to collect 50 stranger to prove they can capture people by company's request, most of the people didnt show up at all. Since Pledis was cheap back then, they had horrible staff who would make fun of them or their accent. They started to lose members, only making their debut go later. They had some last minute additions to group, like The8 and Jeonghan.

Vernon, who was trying to show the group, joined Show Me The Money to at least make Seventeen more visible. He is introvert and homeschooled, the child that was fine and laughing during all 17 lives, changed a lot after whole nation made fun of his efforts to show his group. He still doesn't talk as much as the predebut. A lot of people said he is just an idiot visual, that's why Pledis had to change visual to Mingyu, because he had relatively better reputation than Vernon after the competition.

All of them had a reason to join and try to be an idol, all of their families were in financial problems. I only know that Hoshi became idol to pay his father's debts, rest didn't reveal anything.

So please, please, even if you don't stan them, love them because they deserve it too much.

That's why don't fatshame any idol, don't make fun of their face, don't belittle their talent, don't see them as the "just background member". Seventeen, or any other idol doesn't deserve this.

Thank you for reading^^

[​IMG]

He was auditioned when he was really young. Both his mom and father is dancers and have a dance studio. He was dancing before he learned how to walk. He started training at really young age, he never properly went to school.

#1 lighterxx, Aug 22, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    xoxoshawol, kddicted, Riaxe and 11 others like this.
  2. melipolino

melipolino Artist

THIS

xoxoshawol, kddicted, NaoBun and 5 others like this.
  3. bonk

bonk Artist

i ctrl+f'ed my husband dino on this thread and nothing came up.
    WHY Y'ALL DOING HIM WRONG LIKE THAT

literally EVERY member name came up once BUT dino

4. lighterxx

lighterxx Star

I talked about all of them T-T
    He was auditioned when he was really young. Both his mom and father is dancers and have a dance studio. He was dancing before he learned how to walk. He started training at really young age, he never properly went to school.

5. Jen_Chae_Li_Soo

Yasss
    Anyway, I'm binge watching this one atm

thanks for mentioning me

andisa, xoxoshawol, NaoBun and 2 others like this.
  6. LongAssRider

LongAssRider Artist

When you already know all this:cool:

andisa, xoxoshawol, NaoBun and 2 others like this.
  7. bonk

bonk Artist

please add this part to the OP!!!!!
    [​IMG]

8. magito

magito Artist

That's so sweet of you:p I love this kind of fans <3 you can even make me stan them:D

9. lighterxx

lighterxx Star

Lmao I was gonna add all members but I thought people wouldnt like it and find it too long, I will add only Dino for you

Jen_Chae_Li_Soo likes this.
  10. lighterxx

lighterxx Star

AWW Thank you! You can stan them, I honestly didn't saw anything isnt on point in Seventeen. If you enjoy their music too, I will be more than happy to introduce you into fandom^^

NaoBun, magito and Jen_Chae_Li_Soo like this.
  11. Jen_Chae_Li_Soo

I got into them because of her :nervousk:
    I intentionally ignored them before for no obvious reason

lighterxx and magito like this.
  12. pieceofdust

pieceofdust Artist

Hardworking babies are hardworking :yesr: i rlly want so many good things to come to them. :cryingk: they r already doing so well but lets hope they reach even higher :loverr3:

NaoBun, lighterxx and Jen_Chae_Li_Soo like this.
  13. tiffanytran22123

I remember how I struggled with SJ and EXO lol. I like 17 but there are too many I didn't want to get into them. But I already knew all their names since they are constantly mentioned in the news and I saw y'all Carats everywhere.

14. pieceofdust

pieceofdust Artist

Ill pm u their whole al1 album, its in my queue lmfao :p

xoxoshawol, NaoBun, lighterxx and 2 others like this.
  15. magito

magito Artist

They started with cute concept (i think) that's why I didn't pay attention to them but I like their latest comeback. Ok! :D Let's give them a try... introduce me pls :p

16. bonk

bonk Artist

17. magito

magito Artist

lighterxx and Jen_Chae_Li_Soo like this.
  18. wonuyaaz

wonuyaaz Trainee

correct me if I'm wrong but Joshua wasn't casted at kcon. It was more like a korean festival held in LA right? anyways this forum is gold. I've been telling my friends about them and luckily few of my friends fell in love with seventeen ^^ seeing them at diamond edge recently made me appreciate more than before. thumbs up!

lighterxx likes this.
  19. lighterxx

lighterxx Star

WAH THANK YOU!!!

Their main style is funky! They started with fresh concept which is really cute lol, their latest song is them slipping their funk into edm.

Seventeen is popular because of being self-producing idols, that means they compose and choreo all the songs themselves^^

Since Seventeen has 13 members, they part to units to make it more easy to control^^ There are 3 units, Vocal, HipHop, Performace.

Hiphop:
    HipHop unit chooses to focus on more chill/laidback style.

Leader is Scoups, rapper! Part of the HipHop Unit!

Other members:
    Mingyu (visual of the group)
    Wonwoo
    Vernon (lead rapper)

Vocal:
    They choose to focus on more ballads and they like to release surprise duets or solos on their youtube^3^

Their leader is Woozi, also the song writer, composer, producer of the group!
    Other members:
    Joshua
    Jeonghan
    DK (main vocal)
    Seungkwan (main vocal)

Performance:
    They tend to go a lot more EDM, you will probably like their music the most^^

Their leader is Hoshi, my baby, also choreo maker^^ Rest of the unit too helps him on choreo!
    Other members:
    The8 (China line)
    Jun (China line)
    Dino (Maknae)

I went as summary as possible! Also linked their recent pics so you will know how their face looks like!

magito and Iewwa like this.
  20. lighterxx

lighterxx Star

I know it from the channel+ vocal unit video, but I watched it directly Korean. I might understand it wrong since I'm still learning korean, I will look it up

Koreboo says festival, I will change Kcon to festival but I can swear I heard it one of the vlive o_O