AOA being clearly boycotted at today's music show

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Onion_Rings, Dec 3, 2019 at 8:03 AM.

1. Onion_Rings

Onion_Rings Celebrity

Currency:
    The Coolest & Nicest Once
    Daniel won at The Show today, while AOA took last place.

[​IMG]

Just a comparison:

[​IMG]

They could've been more subtle about this.

doesnotmatter1 and Multi_Smile like this.
  2. prodigy210

prodigy210 Idol

Currency:
    but the show dosent really count digitals that much its more fandom power which is why groups that don't chart well can win on the show

L_catzzz likes this.
  3. miss_pecans

miss_pecans Rookie

Currency:
    there is also the stuff with the albums. lol

4. stan12345

stan12345 Rookie

Currency:
    The whole point is charting doesn't matter as much on The Show (i.e. weighting wise)? Though not sure what the categories are in the OP to match numbers too.

And iirc digital includes streams and digital downloads and KD's album was a digital release only, so his large fandom most probably downloaded it.

L_catzzz likes this.
  5. supremacy-1

supremacy-1 Newbie

Currency:
    Daniel is a flop let him have it

6. icyruios

icyruios Celebrity

Currency:
    SOTY deserves to win

Hopkinz likes this.
  7. SleepingGiant

SleepingGiant Super Rookie

Currency:
    There are several different Music Awards shows in Korea, I remember reading somewhere what the Criteria for getting points and thus winning in each of them but I forgot where I read that

L_catzzz likes this.
  8. whipped

whipped Newbie

Currency:
    These kinda of threads are so funny bc people always complain about what what they have no idea of lolll. Winning on weekly music shows doesn’t depend on digitals only, there are other criteria too which translate into points, and the act with the highest accumulated points wins. Digitals aren’t everything on these shows

L_catzzz likes this.
  9. Multi_Smile

Multi_Smile Married to @YujaJinsoo

Currency:
    The show sucks stop expecting wins from the show

10. stan12345

stan12345 Rookie

Currency:
    Especially when it's against someone that has a massive Korean fandom bigger than 90% of bg's. I can imagine he has a lot of downloads

11. G_pop121

G_pop121 Rookie

Currency:
    While he is not the big superstar as compared to the time when he was in WannaOne I can say he is still doing fucking well for his age.. I am surprise there are still alot of fans that support him even after the so call ''dating scandal''..

12. Stats

Stats Super Rookie

Currency:
    • Pre-score: Total 90% (40% Digital, 20% Music Video, 15% Expert Preferences, 10% Album, 5% Pre-Vote)
    • Live voting (for The Show Choice nominees only): 10%
    Compared to other music shows where digital points account for 50-60% of score, the show care least about digital.

13. Redan

Redan Public Figure

Currency:
    Lazy student
    It's tragic that AOA can't even win on "The Show" anymore.
    They've reached a new low when they even lose against groups like Astro who are barely above Nugu-Level.
    It's over for AOA I guess.
    I don't think FNC will waste much more money on them especially now that Cherry Bullet is a flop.

The hiatus was too long, people find AOA too old and many people miss Choa too much.
    And their new song is just not that great in my opinion.
    They should have used a new song they had performed on Queendom before.
    When Jimin used the song "Puss" she had performed on Unpretty Rapstar she had an All-Kill later.

#13 Redan, Dec 3, 2019 at 9:03 AM
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019 at 9:10 AM
  14. prodigy210

prodigy210 Idol

Currency:
    not really a fan of astor but they are in the same company as weme so I follow them a little bit they had first week sales of their ep of almost 80k which is more than any aoa album has ever sold so they definitely have a bigger fandom than aoa and on a show that having a bigger fandom matters more than charting its not surprising they are ahead

15. Redan

Redan Public Figure

Currency:
    Lazy student
    There were times when AOA gave even TWICE a run for their money(Comeback stage Good Luck vs Cheer Up on Music Bank for example where they nearly won against TWICE even though TWICE weren't of course nearly as popular as they are today) and would beat even Sistar sometimes on Music Programs.
    If they still would have the Buzz they had 2015/2016 this would be a completely different story.
    AOA's biggest strength was never their weak fanbase of course but their public recognition in Korea and they lost that completely.
    To have a weak fanbase wasn't nearly as fatal as it is today for them because the average korean would still listen to songs like Heart Attack for example even if they don't know the members.

16. prodigy210

prodigy210 Idol

Currency:
    theres no doubt that aoa has lost some of its public recognition after some dumb scandals but having a lower score than astro on the show this is really much of anything. As I said before the show is mainly fandom driven which is aoa weak point so its not a big surprise they have a lower score than Astor/kang Daniel. If this was music bank aoa would most likely have a bigger score than these two but of course we wont really know because I don't see any of them making it into top 3 on other music shows.

Redan likes this.
  17. Redan

Redan Public Figure

Currency:
    Lazy student
    I looked it up and AOA has indeed more Show Champion wins than The Show wins.
    Because The Show is the least respected Music Program(People always say that even Nugus can win there.) I thought it would be the easiest win but apparently it's not that simple.

And Music Bank...I was hoping that they would win there someday because it's the only music program where they could never win first place(They were more than once so close though. :rolleyes:) but that's not gonna happen anymore I guess.
    What a bummer...

prodigy210 likes this.
  18. whipped

whipped Newbie

Currency:
    I thought i was the only one who prefer aoa’s queendom song to their cb song lol. Many people hype up come see me as if it’s soty but i’m just so underwhelmed, i mean it’s not even aoa’s best song this year. Idk if that’s the reason the song is not well received or not but i certainly think they could’ve done better with a catchier song

19. Redan

Redan Public Figure

Currency:
    Lazy student
    Do you know TWICE's "Breakthrough"?
    This song is mature but also has a relatively catchy chorus.

But it's not only about Quality.
    (G)I-DLE for example used Lion and that was a good decision because Queendom watchers for example already knew the song.

It's unfortunate that Brave Brothers doesn't write AOA songs anymore.
    Brave Brothers and Choa. Two people who made AOA better in my opinion but are unfortunately done with the group...

20. whipped

whipped Newbie

Currency:
    Oh yeah i do know about break through. But regarding lion it’s not a real gidle cb like what aoa just had; there was only an mv released for it after queendom ended and that’s it, they didn’t promote it or anything. Meanwhile aoa’s cb is a completely new mini abum with full promotion so it’s kinda a necessity they have a new song as the title track imo. Like mamamoo with hip instead of destiny for example.
    I do agree that brave brothers was fundamental for aoa’s success; i myself also prefer aoa’s pre-good luck title songs, even if i don’t hate their subsequent songs. Aoa and brave brothers were a combo with a midas touch tbh

#20 whipped, Dec 3, 2019 at 12:41 PM
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019 at 12:48 PM