Anyone watching the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Drama?

Discussion in 'J-Movies & TV' started by Saiguden, May 29, 2016.

1. Saiguden

Saiguden Newbie

Currency:
    As a big Higurashi fan I've had mixed feelings when I found out that a drama adaption of my favorite show was planned. Most live action versions of anime I've watched before were really bad - the Higurashi movies being no exception.
    Still, I found myself looking forward to the upcoming drama adaption although I was a bit worried because...
    1. They are only going to film Onikakushi-hen, Watanagashi-hen and Tatarigoroshi-hen..? How are people who don't know the sound novel/manga/anime supposed to appreciate the story if they won't do the whole series? Higurashi is all about watching from start to finish and trying to solve the mystery with every new arc.
    2. The girls are played by NGT48 idols and apart from Kitahara Rie who plays Takano Miyo nobody of them seems to have any acting experience...

[​IMG]

After watching the first two episodes which cover Onikakushi-healso called the "Abducted by the Demons Arc" I was impressed. The drama isn't as bad as I expected it to be.
    The costumes and hair styles match with the original character. In the movies I didn't even know who was who, so I'm glad they sticked to the original character designs.
    The acting is a little bit awkward, especially Rika (Honma Hinata) but not to the extent that I couldn't watch any further. Shinobu Tsuruta, on the other hand, did very well as Ooishi.
    I loved that they used higurashi noises just like in the anime. It conveys the right atmosphere and I just love that sound.
    The effects, however, were really bad (as expected from a Japanese production I guess xD). They delayed the girls' voices to an extent where I couldn't even understand what they were saying anymore and they made their eyes look rather cringeworthy that scary.
    The footstep sound was weird too - that's especially sad because of the extra-footstep-scenes.
    Overall, it's still very enjoyable for me, but I think that people who aren't already a fan of the Higurashi series won't be all that enthusiastic about it. NGT48 can enjoy it too (as long as they don't mind seeing theirs oshis die a few times in the series, I guess xD).

Is anyone else watching it? What do you think about it and what's your reason for watching? Are you a fan of the series, an NGT48 fan or do you only want to be entertained?

2. JoyceMorris

JoyceMorris Newbie

Currency:
    I don't watch this serial but this is one of the famous serial for this channel thank you for sharing this information it have a many fans for this series.
    custom essay writing service

3. James_Walker

James_Walker Newbie

Currency:
    Yes i watched this many times only for Yukari Tamura shes so dam beautiful and i wish i could meet her once.
    Yahoo live chat

4. jurusgomes

jurusgomes Newbie

Currency:
    I am looking to make myself a list of movies to watch....I haven't seen quite a few of the movies considered classics so I am planning on watching as many as I can.... What movie would you rate a perfect 10/10? I know there are tons of movies out there so name as many as you want, as long as you consider it a 10/10.... Mine would probably have to be the Dark Knight.

#4 jurusgomes, Oct 25, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  5. angelofdarkness

Currency:
    well i would because they actually do have acting experience(they made there own show) and is it the japanese version because if you watch it in japanese it gets real good i would watch it if i were you and who is the director if you can tell me then i would let you know if it is good or not