Any anime that disappointed you recently?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga' started by MotoMoto_Hyung, Aug 17, 2019.

1. MotoMoto_Hyung

MotoMoto_Hyung Married to @King_Zest
    . .

I really hated Sarazanmai, it had an amazing 1st episode and the concept was kinda weird but in a cool way so I thought this was gonna be my new favorite anime but then by episode 3 I just lost interest, ideas seemed flat and the characters were actually really annoying

I also hated Mawaru Penguin, I think it's made by the same team as Sarazanmai and lawd have mercy was that boring, just like Sarazanmai it had a good start and interesting concept but it failed to pull through (by the time that girl was cooking the curry and being a stalker I just couldn't LOL)

Lastly was Mahou Shoujo Site, it was just painful to watch tbh, it just layered on the "tragic hero" thing a little too much and what's worse is that it felt unnecessarily sexual which didn't go well with the tragic psychology they were going for nd I watched all 12 episodes cuz my friends said it gets better but it didn't.....

So are there any anime that you watched recently that just disappointed you?

2. StCatMouse

StCatMouse Rookie

Procrastinator
    Haven't watched a lot of anime recently but season 2 of One Punch wasn't as good as the first one. I'm still catching up with Demon Slayer but I kinda get the feeling it's just spinning its wheels. Hopefully I'm wrong.

MotoMoto_Hyung likes this.
  3. MotoMoto_Hyung

MotoMoto_Hyung Married to @King_Zest
    . .

I wanted to watch Demon Slayer but tbh it seems a little too overhyped for me, but maybe I'll give it a chance in the next few months if nothing better is released

4. norazoo

norazoo Newbie

Kimitsu no Yaiba is good (mind you I haven’t watched passed episode 5) but like I have seen every single scene in another Anime before. I don’t feel the hype. My brother recommended it to me and to my other brother. I was iffy about it but my other brother was so excited about things like the training period in the mountains and was extremely emotional during the family dying etc .. while it didn’t do anything for me. I just couldn’t feel it like I usually do with other animes. I also don’t like how the main character narrate every single detail. Am I the only one noticing this?

Anyway I am pretty sure it will get much better but this problem is stopping me from marathoning the entire show.

MotoMoto_Hyung likes this.
  5. PeskyRachel

PeskyRachel Rookie

Reveluvie
    Boruto sucks like, for real. First i was disappointed because i heard they're making another Naruto anime, as if 500 episodes and 10+ OVAs wasn't enough, and now that they screwed the story so that that stupid little blonde kid Boruto could be the hero, man, i'm done!

#5 PeskyRachel, Sep 20, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    MotoMoto_Hyung and Zuko1 like this.
  6. Zuko1

Zuko1 Celebrity

Lol. I like your posts and I agree about Boruto.

MotoMoto_Hyung and PeskyRachel like this.
  7. StarFruitie

StarFruitie Trainee

Army★Once
    DARLING in the FRANXX...

Wench likes this.
  8. Wench

Wench Super Rookie

Yall powerful kings still watching Boruto.... incredible strength