Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Another Twice thread jajaja

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by austen, Oct 23, 2017.

1. austen

austen Entertainer

Twice tops Oricon chart for the 5th day in a row and has sold 200k copies of their newest Japanese single
    I think for every generation of Korean artists that debut in Japan, the scale of popularity becomes next level
    1st Gen artists to reach Japanese market -> KARA and SNSD in Japan -> Black Pink in Japan -> TWICE IN JAPAN
    But in terms of this current generation of girl groups, I wonder if others can find a niche in the Japanese market and/or debut with a catchy, song that has an iconic dance

It would be really nice if APRIL could find the same success that their sister group and former label mate had (Maybe DSP will actually pull it off)
    Or Lovelyz in Japan? DIA?

Mynty, vivante and jytjuyikhujo like this.
  2. austen

austen Entertainer

Will Red Velvet debut in Japan sometime soon?

Mynty and jytjuyikhujo like this.
  3. jytjuyikhujo

jytjuyikhujo Legend

Maybe wasnt their a rumor in April but I feel like SM is gonna wait a while like they did with F(x) japan debut.

4. liviekate

liviekate Artist

they're having a showcase pretty soon, there was a pretty big response so it got extended to more days. rv were seen shooting something in LA and there were some rumors of japanese release of ice cream cake but i think its actually korean comeback

austen likes this.
  5. Ayumi9

Ayumi9 Artist

I get the feeling they won’t go to Japan. And if they do, it won’t happen until SM debuts a new girl group

Mynty likes this.