Anime/Manga recommendations?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga' started by dprcream, Sep 15, 2016.

1. chenyue10

chenyue10 Trainee

Currency:
    World Trigger and Bungou stray dogs

2. frozen4minute

frozen4minute Newbie

Currency:
  3. DeadRinger

DeadRinger Newbie

Currency:
    Oyasumi Pun Pun - dark and freaky Manga about a twisted transition into adolescence and adulthood. Many a moment's of "oh shit" to be had.

Samurai Champloo - Always an Anime I'd recommend. Insanely amazing soundtrack as per usual of any Shinichiro Watanabe directed work. (RIP Nujabes). I'd say more Shonen, so you should definitely check this one out. Anachronistic Edo Japan?? Yas pls.

Anything and everything by Junji Ito. Japanese horror is a nightmare made into a corporeal fuckfest that screams bloody murder at your face. Deliciously dark and creepy. (Ok ew, I thought about that one panel in Glyceride).

Daily Lives of High School Boys - or Danshi Kokosei Was Nichijou, so fucking stupid and yet so brilliant. Every episode is a rollercoaster ride.

Just some of which I can think of at this moment.

CrunchyLegend likes this.
  4. Vaalentinnne

Vaalentinnne Trainee

Currency:
  5. Marksonforever_1

Currency:
    Ahgase leaderlim
    anime : durarara

Manga : power (or people also call it girl got game)

6. shybn

shybn Newbie

Currency:
    You should watch--- FAIRY TAIL. For me, this is one of the best anime I've ever watched.
    The fictional world of Earth-Land is populated by wizards who coalesce into GUILD to hone their magical abilities and apply them for paid job requests. This anime is actually a test of friendship.

Or you can also try... Sword Art Online. This anime is actually about Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (VRMMORPG) more about survival and falling in love.

There are actually a lot.. like a lot of beautiful animes to watch. But these two are on my "A MUST WATCH" list. You have to watch it....

[​IMG]
    — Fairy tail

[​IMG]

— Sword Art Online

#26 shybn, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  7. Myrhia

Myrhia Idol

Currency:
    Necromancing
    hmm/.............................quietly increasing post count
    Haibane Renmei IMDB rating -8.1/10
    [​IMG]
    Synopsis
    All Rakka remembers before emerging from her cocoon is the sensation of falling. Confused, she is welcomed into this new world as one of the Haibane, a group of youth with small gray wings and bright halos. Together, they live in the Old Home on the outskirts of Grie, a quiet town where wingless, halo-less people live.

There are many rules governing the world of Haibane Renmei: the most important one being that Haibane cannot go near or touch the massive walls that surround the town. Only beings known as Toga may come and go as they please.

Although her daily life is quiet, there is much Rakka and the other Haibane do not know, or are not allowed to know. Rakka will work through her own doubts and questions as she figures out what she is doing in this world, while working towards the goal of each Haibane: to get beyond the walls on their Day of Flight. But this is not a light task: failure means being branded as one who is Sin-bound.

8. Myrhia

Myrhia Idol

Currency:
    Necromancing
    kara no kyoukai
    [​IMG]

SynopsisA teenage girl, who possesses the "Mystic Eyes of Death Perception", a supernatural ability that allows the user to see the "death" of everything in existence and kill the object by destroying its "origin". She recently recovered from a two-year coma caused by a traffic accident. Prior to the traffic accident, she originally had two personalities, a male personality named Shiki (織), and the original female personality Shiki (式). Children born into the Ryougi family are generally male and are raised with two personalities, so the male personality is customarily called the "yang" personality, while the female is called the "yin" personality. It is easy to tell which Shiki is speaking at a given time because they both have a distinct style of speaking, most notably that the female Shiki refers to herself with the pronoun watashi (私), while male Shiki refers to himself as ore (俺). After waking from her coma, Shiki discovers that she can no longer feel the male Shiki's presence and assumes that he died because of the accident. She also feels a detachment from her memories before the accident, and while she knows she is Shiki, she does not feel that she is. In the hopes of regaining herself and the "dead" Shiki, she puts on a cold facade that somewhat resembles the male Shiki's and tries to act as the female Shiki did. Touko understands the sense of detachment Shiki feels, but considers the current Shiki a third, new personality.

The series is regarded as being set in the same world as another TYPE-MOON series, Tsukihime, with Aoko Aozaki's sister Touko Aozaki being featured in this series and the protagonist of the series, Shiki Ryougi, possessing the same abilities as Tsukihime's protagonist, Shiki Tohno.

DISABLED#1 likes this.
  9. Myrhia

Myrhia Idol

Currency:
    Necromancing

[​IMG]
    Synopsis
    Dr. Kenzou Tenma is a renowned brain surgeon of Japanese descent working in Europe. Highly lauded by his peers as one of the great young minds that will revolutionize the field, he is blessed with a beautiful fiancée and is on the cusp of a big promotion in the hospital he works at. But all of that is about to change with a grave dilemma that Kenzou faces one night—whether to save the life of a small boy or that of the town's mayor. Despite being pressured by his superiors to perform surgery on the mayor, his morals force him to perform the surgery on the other critical patient, saving his life and forfeiting the mayor's. A doctor is taught to believe that all life is equal; however, when a series of murders occur in the surgeon's vicinity, all of the evidence pointing to the boy he saved, Kenzou's beliefs are shaken. Along his journey to unravel the true identity of his little patient, Kenzou discovers that the fate of the world may be intertwined with the mysterious child.

Haru_ki likes this.
  10. Aoki91

Aoki91 Trendsetter

Currency:
    Eating
  11. cornyrapline

cornyrapline Leader

Currency:
    If you are willing to give shoujo/josei a shot I would recommend Kuragehime or Paradise Kiss... I found it pretty refreshing
    for laughs Ouran High School Host Club and Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun is a must (although I think Nozaki's a shounen actually???)

Or:
    Gintama
    Durarara
    Gin no Saji
    Blood Lad
    Hyouka
    Nurarihyon no Mago
    Psycho pass
    Sakamichi no Apollon
    Saraiya Goyou
    Gundam 00
    Samurai Champloo
    Hataraki man
    Bakuman
    Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
    Shokugeki no Souma
    Noragami
    Joker Game

Various genres but I personally liked all of those and most of them are quite recent and finished
    maybe something would catch your attention?

12. Haru_ki

Haru_ki Newbie

Currency:
    Animes: i would recommend the ones other users already did,Monster, HunterxHunter(2011), Boku no Hero Academia. For shojo ones Nijiiro Days (it's funny and short) and Skip Beat.
    Mangas: More like a webtoon but well, Cheese in the trap and Flawless. And Boku no hero academia :)

13. dildo_faggins

dildo_faggins Newbie

Currency:
    Jojo's bizarre adventure. It's the shit.

14. SelfCnsciousKFan

Currency:
    Graphic Designer
    I came to this thread thinking I would be the only one knowing this anime.
    So good.

My suggestion then is "Welcome to the NHK" and "Ping Pong the Animation"

Myrhia likes this.
  15. Sashimi

Sashimi Newbie

Currency:
    Two underrated animes that get very positive feedback from the community as far as I see are: Michiko to Hatchin and Dennou Coil. Would definitely recommend.

16. kaname_sama

kaname_sama Newbie

Currency:
    Dengeki Daisy *.*

17. DISABLED#1

DISABLED#1 Idol

Currency:
    This one is a really mind blowing . I watched it in one night and got a strong head ache , then nightmares and then depression . super recommended !

Myrhia likes this.
  18. Nostalgia

Nostalgia Trendsetter

Currency:
    OT12 Spokesperson
    Squid girl.

[​IMG]

19. ThisIsBen

ThisIsBen Newbie

Currency:
    Right now, Tower of God.
    So much suspense to the whole story.

20. deathlymuse

deathlymuse Super Rookie

Currency:
    9M Promoter
    I'm into the psychological/thriller/horror type of anime, so if that appeals to you, I have quite a few recommendations:
    • Death Note
    • Another
    • Shingeki No Kyojin
    • Shiki
    • Mirai Nikki
    • Tokyo Ghoul
    • Soul Eater
    • Jigoku Shoujo
    • Ao No Exorcist
    • Steins Gate
    I also recommend 'Perfect Blue', - a 90's movie that's quite disturbing, but it's a worthwhile watch.