Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Alas, the 4th generation of k-pop is on the horizon

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Onion_Rings, Sep 14, 2018 at 9:06 AM.

1. Onion_Rings

Onion_Rings Artist

The Coolest & Nicest Once
    1st gen - Korean groups
    2nd gen - Korean groups and Asia
    3rd gen - Korean groups and k-pop globalization
    4th gen - Foreign groups join the mix

SM sorta made a prototype of a 100% foreign group with EXO-M. Even though not all members were Chinese, their main activities happened in China.
    The company now teased their first ever 100% foreign focused group, NCT China, set to debut later this year.

JYP is already set to debut their own Chinese group, Boy Story, this month, after a whole year of pre-debut activities. Also scheduled for debut later next year, an unnamed Japanese girl group, following Twice's popularity there.

I'm really curious and really excited about this next step in the spreading of k-pop. ^^

2. cnpvj

cnpvj Entertainer

I wonder what the sound will be like. For the JYP Japanese gg for example, will it be k-pop with Japanese language, or will he try to emulate jpop? I guess it would make sense to stay with the kpop sound since I guess that's why the Japanese fans like it to begin with... I wonder if there will ever be an exclusively English language kpop group one day, I think there would be. That'd be an interesting sound!

KidLeader112 and Onion_Rings like this.
  3. much_trash

much_trash Artist

crying
    glad to witness the revolution hahahaha

KidLeader112 and Onion_Rings like this.
  4. twentyfivedollar

I wonder if the Japanese girl group JYP has will ever have a KPop debut? it would be interesting because f it happens it would be a flip of the switch in terms of how you usually debut in Korea and then Japan afterward.

5. twentyfivedollar

also is it really a new gen? I was thinking maybe it could just a second wave of gen 3 artists like how f(x), Miss A, Apink & Sistar was to gen 2?

KidLeader112 likes this.