Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

AKMU appreciation (2017)

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Ninalabkon, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Ninalabkon

Ninalabkon Super Rookie

It feels like yesterday when the sibling duo graced us with "Don't Cross Your Legs" on Kpop star.
    Now with Chanhyuk enlisted as a marine let's all collectively look back at what they've graced us with this year.
    Their album WINTER was just beautiful. And rightfully titled. I don't know how they do it capturing the essence of a season within an album, but they did it.

First I'm gonna talk about "Play Ugly." This is literally a sibling anthem. I play it every time I want to annoy my brother. The song doesn't annoy him. Just me throwing carrots and pillows and scaring him does and all this occurs with this specific song playing in the background. And Chanhyuk and Suhyun are every sibling pair on this planet in the video.

Then comes Akmu's biggest song of the year. And the one that everyone knew was Chanhyuk's message to us all before he enlisted. "Last Goodbye" was loved by all. This song charted for a very long time. The album released January 3 and the song was still charting very high in May. If anyone can tell me how long it charted for that would be nice.

They also release a short film that features the songs. "Reality" is the most fun to watch in my opinion.

"Live" and "Way Back Home" are my favorite. They feel completely like winter if you know what I mean.

Then come the SUMMER EPISODE era with a theme very much inspired by a popular tv show aired on a red themed streaming platform that rhymes with Betfix. This was Chanhyuk's official last piece as Akmu before he enlisted.
    Dinosaur was a different turn for them. It was more EDM but much softer than most EDM. It was EDM Akmu style and it was beautiful. the video was like a Netflix episode. There was a story that makes more sense if you understand Akmu's upbringing. That's a long story so I'll let you research that on your own. This was one of my favorite Akmu videos of all time.

The other song they released was My Darling and it is a sweet song. You need to hear it to understand.

And before Chanhyuk enlisted, he wrote a bunch of songs so Suhyun could fulfill a solo career. I'm not crying. You are.:cryingr:
    What do you guys love about AKMU?

This is my first ever thread so please be nice.

#1 Ninalabkon, Nov 23, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  2. aestheticqweens

Their entire discography is perfection. But, Dinosaur is such an underappreciated bop. Love Re-bye and Melted too.

3. zylan

zylan Artist

always a great listen when driving in rush hour traffic. soothes my mind.

_CLeO and Ninalabkon like this.
  4. Mai_Turn

Mai_Turn Star

Yup, their whole discography is so amazing and so are their 2017 comebacks :') <3

SanskariLady, _CLeO and Ninalabkon like this.
  5. the3rdtWin

the3rdtWin Artist

akmu is a gifted duo + their music is so heart melting.

Ninalabkon likes this.
  6. Jessicaaaaaa

Jessicaaaaaa Rookie

Truly the best. Loved them since debut and they never disappoint with their songs.

_CLeO and Ninalabkon like this.
  7. Baby_Dragon

Baby_Dragon Super Rookie

I love them. I love that they are so unique and their songs are always relaxing me and giving me good mood. And damn they are so savage!! I love that XD In general, underrated and absolutely worth stanning!
    Pls support them more:yesr::teeheek:

Ninalabkon, SanskariLady and _CLeO like this.
  8. _CLeO

_CLeO Star

They so talented T-T

Ninalabkon likes this.
  9. Haeryn

Haeryn Moderator
    Staff Member

Their discography is awesome, I love them. Melted stays as one of my favourite song ever. How People Move was kind of underrated compared to Re-Bye and Dinosaur got nowhere near the attention it deserved.

Ninalabkon and SanskariLady like this.
  10. SanskariLady

SanskariLady Artist

AKMU is like the breathe of fresh air that we didn't even realise we needed .......

Ninalabkon likes this.