Actually there is nothing like “saying something in a nice/better way” ....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sandybee3, May 23, 2020.

1. sandybee3 Idol

Currency:
    ... when the person you are talking too doesn’t like you or has a prejudice towards you.
    No matter how hard you try to make clear that your intentions of what your saying isn’t bad, no matter how nice, logical or careful you say something, they will find a way to make it look bad or make it look you have a secret agenda or simply trying to shade.

Of course you won’t always be right, I mean none of us is omniscient. But the nice thing about a healthy argumentation is that both parties try to understand what the other is trying to say and try to correct eachother or just end up agreeing, not agreeing or partly agreeing and both move on.

But this doesn’t work with someone who doesn’t like you, has a prejudice towards you or sees you as their enemy because you belong to different fandoms (because if you belong to a specific fandom and you give your opinion it’s definitely an attack) so as soon as they reply you, their motivate is pettiness and they get in a defense mode (even though there is no reason for it), they are not there to understand where you are coming from, they just want to win that argument over you. So they will skip long replies and only pick out what they think can work to have a counter argument. At this point it’s not really about the comment itself, at this point your just defending yourself because what you said is taking out of context or twisted to a malicious intention.

This are my personal thoughts right now and I wanted to share it, if you got an issue with it just leave, don’t comment things like “ it ain’t that deep” or “ don’t play victim “ this is my opinion right now and how I feel and I’m entitled to mention that in a free Forum.

Thanks for reading.

#1 sandybee3, May 23, 2020
    Last edited: May 23, 2020
  2. g-chilli

g-chilli Super Rookie

Currency:
    Contractor
    Well said. :D

3. monke

monke Feline Villain

Currency:
    i feel like even if it's in a form of a question, some people already have the answer in their head . they only need validation not opposing argument, even tho it's more logical.

sandybee3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted