NEW FORUMS OPEN HERE

About Shuhua's lines

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by blahblahblah0, Jan 11, 2021.

1. blahblahblah0

blahblahblah0 Newbie

Currency:
    Neverlands/Shuhua's solo stans are going to hate me for that unpopular opinion but
    As someone who is more a music listener than a fan and who isn't much attached to the members, I'm actually perfectly fine with the amount of lines Shuhua has.

For me, a good song isn't always about having a fair distribution line but also about whose voice/singing ability fits those lines, concept and genre the best
    Imagine her having Soojin's lines in Senorita or Minnie's lines in Lion/Oh my god, the songs wouldn't sound nearly as good as they do now.
    People say that Soyeon should give away her vocal lines to Shuhua but once again i doubt it would sound as good if given to her.

I'm impressed that Soyeon was able to make good songs where Shuhua has actual lines (lion and oh my god) despite her singing ability
    But still her singing ability isn't good to me, her parts in Lion and Oh my god songs and stage performances were...i don't have the actual word to describe them but the closest words would be "anticlimatic" and "boring/unenjoyable".

Soyeon can't just keep making songs where there are a lot of lines that fit Shuhua's current singing ability forever, especially if those lines are going to sound similar to her lines in Lion/OMG, some people complained about how her lines in OMG sounded like her lines in lion.
    I don't know why people think/act like Soyeon/the group is the only one that has to make efforts to match/adapt to Shuhua but not the reverse.
    Shuhua should improve. Just look at Soojin she improved and so did her amount of lines since latata.

If you're going to attack Soyeon or Cube because of the amount of lines Shuhua has, you might aswell attack Shuhua herself for not improving her vocal ability.
    I wonder if the people wanting her to have more lines or complaining about the lines distribution in general care about the quality of their music or music in general.

But there is one thing that is sure is that Soyeon doesn't deserve the hate she gets, especiall during senorita's era when Shuhua was actually the one to request less lines...
    @Vocea i agree with the posts you wrote in other thread.

Vocea, onjon, salty-sugar and 5 others like this.
  2. hokiedood

hokiedood Rookie

Currency:
    @mnsjwoj I guess your life is pointless at the end also.

3. hokiedood

hokiedood Rookie

Currency:
    We might as well commit mass extinction.

queenyeji and mnsjwoj like this.
  4. silver25

silver25 Hongjoong's wife

Currency:
    I mean, she herself CHOSE to have less lines. So, why is it a problem that she has little lines?

It's only an issue when members that WANT more lines don't get any. But in this case, it's what she wants. I don't think fans should force her to sing more.

merv1782, antonbsims and momamae like this.
  5. teehee2020

teehee2020 Trainee

Currency:
    I'm definitely not one for "pity lines" because I do think technique/vocals matter, but let's not pretend like Hwaa is that difficult to sing throughout.

Even with Shuhua's limited capabilities (that aren't actually that limited, she has the basics down and is perfectly capable of singing in middle range, it's the upper/lower ones that give her trouble) there are parts in this song she could pull off: like Soyeon's opener (if they changed the range a little) or (what I think would be perfect solution) the first part of the pre-chorus: Minnie's part in the first one and Miyeon's in the second - while leaving the actual hard part (the second half, which requires utilizing upper range) to the more proficient main vocalists.

I love the song and don't really care about line distribution, but pretending they couldn't incorporate her more is not it.

6. kiwijoon

kiwijoon Celebrity

Currency:
    Watering namjoon's bonsai
    Anyone trying to say Shuhua can sing Soyeon's lines needs a reality check. Omg/lions parts are the same progression bc THAT is where Shuhua's singing ability is currently at - as others said in the composed songs by minnie and yuqi shuhua still gets the least lines.... becuase there is a reason for it

Vocea, onjon, merv1782 and 2 others like this.
  7. gerrard174

gerrard174 Trainee

Currency:
    If going by singing ability, the line distribution is fair.

HWAA is very vocal intensive, i can understand why shuhua gets less line. I also liked how she gets the softer and easier parts in OMG and Lion. Obviously, they took into consideration the ability to sing during life. I mean, u wouldnt want to hear voice crack during life right? Considering they sing live most of the time

Edit: and before any of you come at soyeon, mind u that even in some Minnie produced songs, shuhua gets the least lines. I guess it said something about her vocal stability

8. momamae

momamae Public Figure

Currency:
    You know, I couldn't agree more. What matters in the end is the art piece as a whole.

And honestly, Shuhua seems to not mind it either. Like you said and I mention again, she asked during Senorita for less lines. I don't think she's comfortable as a singer, I like to think of her as a performer and a personality.

I think Shuhua debuted too early. She definetly lacks not only vocal technique, but also confidence. And at this point, (G)I-dle is pretty estabelished as a self made group and this is pretty much how their dynamics will work till' the last day. We shouldn't expect Shuhua taking on sub-vocal roles, otherwise we will get frustrated.

9. littlemissnoname

littlemissnoname Celebrity

Currency:
    If she really requested to have less lines, than she should have become a backup dancer. No point in becoming a singer if she doesn't want to sing lmao

10. trippin

trippin Super Rookie

Currency:
    i cant even imagine you choose to have less line in your title track song, like hmm yes 3s is fine for me...
    the fact that i wrote this take more than 3s, thats weird

teehee2020 and littlemissnoname like this.
  11. littlemissnoname

littlemissnoname Celebrity

Currency:
    I can't understand it either. They could just get rid of her, it wouldn't even make a difference music whise. And that's rather sad for a singer.

12. drakan

drakan Idol

Currency:
    By your logic, if she only fits in a couple of seconds for their title tracks, then she obviously doesn't fit the group. They should just kick her out then.

merv1782 likes this.
  13. Slayurfaves

Slayurfaves Celebrity

Currency:
    Mandukie's supporter and chu's hype woman
    but her voice is not even bad she could have at least 10 seconds

merv1782, Linquistic and teehee2020 like this.
  14. pinkcerise

pinkcerise Trainee

Currency:
    worrying about job security
    is she really that bad? there's tons of mediocre singers in kpop that get their fair, although smaller, piece of the pie. i understand going by talent, but at the same time i understand people that get bummed by seeing their favourite members get shafted. like... if they're going to be in the group, might as well try to make an effort to include them. there's always lipsynching.

merv1782, Linquistic and teehee2020 like this.
  15. inspike

inspike Newbie

Currency:
    To the people who keeps saying shuhua asked for less lines, I am sure she didn't ask for only 4 seconds of lines. If that's the case why she even wanted to become an idol to begin with? Doesnt make sense

Linquistic likes this.
  16. gagaga2020

gagaga2020 Rookie

Currency:
    she's the sub vocalist, what do people expect?
    they have a talented vocal line, an extremely talented rapper. whose lines should they take away to give her?

Vocea and salty-sugar like this.
  17. icyruios

icyruios Worldwide Star

Currency:
    Y'all are acting like she's terrible ....

merv1782 likes this.
  18. drakan

drakan Idol

Currency:
    drop her from the group then. She's basically a glorified back up dancer...and now that her fans aren't going to buy albums, there's no financial incentive to keep her either.

19. salty-sugar

salty-sugar CUBE Insider

Currency:
    Nevie with Blades
    I can't agree with all of your statements here, but I definitely agree with the main point: music >>> fair distribution.

Being an idol is not the same as being a singer. Different members have own specialities: singer, dancer, rapper, visual... Shuhua is contributing a lot in Idle's popularity. She improved a lot as a dancer, and she spent hours interacting with fans during vlives and variety shows.

I don't see a problem if one member has less singing lines because his main skill is not singing but something other. It is a common situation for idol groups.

20. scftseungmin

scftseungmin Super Rookie

Currency:
    Bubble Tea Enthusiast
    i thought she chose to have less lines why are shuhua stans complaining