About CUBE’s new CEO..

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Cookie_Monstax, May 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Cookie_Monstax

Cookie_Monstax Trendsetter

Currency:
    He became CEO over a year ago, in december 2016 so why is it that CUBE started to show improvement only towards the end of 2017?
    they effed up big time with clc’s concept change (i love where are you but it was too drastic of a concept change and they lost a whole lot of fans) and that was in august of last year!
    cube only started showing financial improvement with brothers act (one of the best albums of all time) and as much as i liked like this not you runaway pentagon only got popular in 2018...
    i feel like cube just kind of blossomed in 2018, they got off to an okay start with clc but pentagon and idle really made people pay attention to them
    so why did it take that long for cube to make better decisions?

notfunnybtw likes this.
  2. RainingStarlight

Currency:
    Grim Reaper
    bc it takes a year to plan these type of projects, let alone multiple. seems fine to me

3. Meloverse

Meloverse ♔ Snake Princess ♔

Currency:
    ☾ Universe // Byulharang ☆
    ^ That and it takes a while to undo a whole mess left behind by the old CEO. Things take time and entire turn arounds don't happen within a month. They made decent moves in 2017, except with CLC's concept change (did you know Hobgoblin and WAY were planned at the same time?).

Even though Triple H didn't sell well, Cube used it to plant a seed. There are people who learned about HuiDawn through it. Without Triple H there would've been no Nation's Composer Hui who blew up in popularity and interest. Without Hui being in Triple H on PD101 to compose Never (and later Energetic for W1), Cube would've never let Hui self-compose the title.

Since then it felt like Pentagon was slowly growing, but Shine was the right song/concept to make that seed hatch. Let's be honest, if that strategic move hadn't been made with Triple H, Shine would've never existed.

#3 Meloverse, May 22, 2018
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
  4. Ruckus

Ruckus Trainee

Currency:
    Wow. CLC went from Hobgoblin to Where Are You? I love the girls but that is some serious whiplash. I'd have stuck with the hip-hop aesthetic (although I do like the Black Dress era too).