About BTS success in US......

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SooYoung, Sep 29, 2018.

1. SooYoung

SooYoung ☾☼♡ SoneLuv ♡☼☽

Currency:
    #1 Reveluv
    [Warning] This thread don't talk about all the army but only the army who act like in the thread

Can someone explain me why Army pass their time to congratulate BTS for their success in US and for helping kpop to expand more in US, for be the group who success and promote KPOP

But then when another Kpop group like NCT have some promotion in US they pass their time to criticize them, and say that they don't deserve it.
    NCT had US promotion since many months, they had plenty of interview but why do Army need to criticize them now that they appear on tv show like jimmy kimmel and not before ?

WHy Army pass their time to congratulate BTS for be the group who help kpop to expand and then pass their time to criticize NCT when they promote another sound of Kpop in US ?

Do you think that this situation prove the argument that many people use about how BTS " paved the way " only for them and not for Kpop since Army don't want any other Kpop group in US ?​

#1 SooYoung, Sep 29, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  2. nct116

nct116 Newbie

Currency:
    yes i agre..NCT deserves the recognition. bts and armys are jealous .

3. SooYoung

SooYoung ☾☼♡ SoneLuv ♡☼☽

Currency:
    #1 Reveluv
    it's not about be jealous or recognition

i just don't understand why people try so hard to push the story that BTS "paved the way" if then they are like " NO they don't deserve it, US market belongs to BTS " etc....

4. Golden_Wishes

Golden_Wishes Leader

Currency:
    Sarcastic Salad
    For fucks sake
    Imma just watch this thread so I can observe the mess in the morning. It's late

5. RoAnon9935

RoAnon9935 Married to @Vipmultifandom10

Currency:
    Personally Psy and Big Bang were lubricant for BTS, but you know don't tell ARMY that. They didnt do as much but Psy was a wild trend and Big Bang caught the eye of many with their concerts/

6. nct116

nct116 Newbie

Currency:
    because armies think BTS are special and unique , etc when in reality they are just another kpop boyband that got lucky xoxoxoxoxox

7. ghostlight

ghostlight ᔕ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɴᴏᴏᴅʟᴇꜱ ᔕ

Currency:
    Jimin's Resting Bitch Face
    Edit: eh, don't want to be involved nvm.

#7 ghostlight, Sep 29, 2018
  8. SooYoung

SooYoung ☾☼♡ SoneLuv ♡☼☽

Currency:
    #1 Reveluv
    i don't want to be a mess
    but it just hit me how some people can be hypocrite
    this logic sounds for me like people who say things like " I'm not racist but i don't want any foreigner in my country"

they sounds like " I love kpop and i want that kpop can be more expose to other people but i don't want anybody besides BTS to do this"

inverity, jasque, meteoriteue and 4 others like this.
  9. Jhineric

Jhineric Newbie

Currency:
    Full-Time School Nerd
    >Waiting for a time when we can all just appreciate any K-Pop group that gets to expand to foreign countries.
    Agreed though, some ARMYs or some fans are outright exclusive and disrespect anyone else that dares go into their "territory" or "copy" what they did "first".

10. Golden_Wishes

Golden_Wishes Leader

Currency:
    Sarcastic Salad
    I know. But I have yet to see a thread involving BTS that doesn't get locked.
    To be as fair as possible (Which isn't that hard considering I give a grand total of zero fucks about either)
    Armys do have a point. And NCtzens do have a point

In the perspective of Armies:
    • Armies were bullied and ridiculed for seeking ' Western validation'.
    • When it was announced that NCT was going to the US. They expected that same ridicule about seeking 'western validation' and felt the kpop community was being unfair. I personally didn't think anyone really cared about NCT that much to even troll. Plus NCTzens don't seem like that strong a fandom
    In the perspective of NCTzens (and everyone else)
    • Armies bitched about how BTS is opening the gate to the States for kpop
    • Proceeds to bitch about anyone going through as only BTS is worthy of going through the pearly gates
    My personal opinion: the world would be a better place if Armys, Exo-ls,Onces, and Blinks United together to shut the fuck up and stream lil Touch

#10 Golden_Wishes, Sep 29, 2018
    chocolatea, inverity, jasque and 10 others like this.
  11. ghostlight

Currency:
    You are 100% right that this is another problem that doesn't help whatsoever when it comes to Army perspective. I actually forgot about this tidbit, but I'm usually not one of the armies to really stress over everything so much lol.

12. Golden_Wishes

Golden_Wishes Leader

Currency:
    Sarcastic Salad
    What invalidates NCT in Armys opinion: Big 3 privilege
    What invalid BTS in the Everyone else's opinion: Armys

jasque, Dopamine, cassexotic and 3 others like this.
  13. GoldenIdun

GoldenIdun Celebrity

Currency:
    Mochi Bot
    Isn't it obvious? It's because of the unfair ridicule BTS and ARMY has had to listen to every step of the way for the last 2-3 years. Everything out-of-the-ordinary that BTS ever does, or has ever done, has only brought them ridicule, ugly bashing and even sabotage by an insane number of kpop fans. And whenever ARMYs have called out that shitty jealous and pressed attitude, or tried to show the hypocrisy of it with evidence to support, then suddenly everyone gangs up on ARMY and claim they're the ones starting shit. People can only take so much hypocrisy before they blow a fuse, especially when it never stops.

14. ghostlight

Currency:
    Valid point. Very valid point.

LuhanHobiarelife and GoldenIdun like this.
  15. SooYoung

SooYoung ☾☼♡ SoneLuv ♡☼☽

Currency:
    #1 Reveluv
    So what you mean is because BTS have been bashed by many different fandom
    they decided to be even more immature and gangs up to make pay one group for the bashes of 6 or 7 different fandom

crowboy, amivrit28, jasque and 4 others like this.
  16. GoldenIdun

GoldenIdun Celebrity

Currency:
    Mochi Bot
    No. What I mean is that there is literally no other way to make kpop fans realize their hypocritical and shit attitudes (past and current), than to actually show them by calling it out when it happens. And it's happening right now, which is why it's getting called out. It's not about any group, it's about toxic and hypocritical kpop fans.

17. Discipline

Discipline Public Figure

Currency:
    Armys don’t attack the hypocritical fans, they literally attack the group.

Not all of the time, but most of the time, when people ‘ridicule bts’, they’re actually ridiculing Armys because Armys throw the success of BTS in other fandoms faces, most of the time using it as a pedestal as to why BTS is better than x, y and z.

What BTS has done is admittedly impressive, however the same goes for all the other groups.

If you ask anyone that says they hate or dislike BTS, ask them why. 90% of the time, it will be because of the fans. Your fandom is a problem, and the sadder thing is, your fandom doesn’t want to change but instead act like victims that will be hated on either way :/

crowboy, Hana0127, Dopamine and 3 others like this.
  18. Golden_Wishes

Golden_Wishes Leader

Currency:
    Sarcastic Salad
    To be completely fair, I seen a lot of armies dragging fandoms into shit. People started going in on armies when they started spamming everyone and shit talking.

↑ To be completely honest cause I'm tired of the bullshit, in what world does that actually make sense to anyone?
    No better way than teach people than to engaging in fanwars?
    Really?
    Literally who learns anything from a fandom war?
    In the great Blackpink vs Twice fanwars, no one is walking away saying '' I really have learned to respect Momo'. "Rose is such a great vocal". No people walk away saying "that fandom is trash
    And you have admitted no wrong doing by your fandom and feel confident enough to call kpop stans (which for some reason doesn't include armies,) toxic and hypocritical?

19. soshilovelife

Currency:
    I've read that Army's didn't want anyone else benefiting of all the work they've done to bring BTS where it is.

But this is a double way street: even if you want people to not praise anyone else but BTS, someone will look at.other groups and find them interesting and like them.

And.someone will take advantage of it.

If you want BTS to have real impact in kpop, there's no better way than letting other groups venture in the US.

Of course that will happen regardless of all your hard work and effort to show no one else deserves better.

But apparently Army's and other fandoms have reached the point in which it is shit everyday from everybody.

And by everybody I mean Army's and almost every fandom out there.

And I don't know when it started, although I think it was with EXO-L's but certainly calling out other fandoms for their hypocrisy hasn't earned that much praise to Army's for their actions or BTS for their achievements by association.

Especially when Army's do the same to other groups out of revenge or getting even.

If you ridicule.other groups whenever yours achieve something, it will surely won't make people see them the way you do, but the way they do now, which is highly frustrating for Army's, I guess.

Also it doesn't help this spamming culture among Army's. Armys get mad because of ridicule and other fandoms get mad because you're, among other things, violating their right to ignore BTS in peace. Even if they do, BTS is going to pop up somewhere, guess who are to blame there. And of course, irritated people are not going to say nice things about the people that makes them that way.

20. soshilovelife

Currency:
    Apparently this is hard to attain because among other things, fans will.go all the way to explain why stanning so and so group is the right decision and usually this rubs other people the wrong way.

Jhineric likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted