A DESASTER - Why has CEO of WJSN banned Chinese members?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Hermes1, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Hermes1

Hermes1 Elite

Currency:
    Meiqi, Xuanyi, and Cheng Xiao won't be part of Cosmic Girls' September comeback
    By jennywill 11 hours ago | Sept. 03, 2018
    [​IMG]

Cheng Xiao, Meiqi, and Xuanyi won't be promoting with Cosmic Girls for their upcoming comeback.
    Cosmic Girls recently announced their comeback for September 19th. Starship Entertainment has confirmed that for the time being, Cosmic Girls will be promoting as a 10-member group without their China line.

Starship Entertainment said, "Meiqi and Xuanyi will have Rocket Girls promotions, and we were not able to adjust Cheng Xiao's predetermined activities in China, so they weren't able to participate in this album. For this album, they'll be promoting as 10 members."

Cosmic Girls will have their comeback on September 19th.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/201...nt-be-part-of-cosmic-girls-september-comeback

2. danny_goes_boom

danny_goes_boom Trainee

Currency:
    bleh they are gonna get a lot of hate from a lot of china-hating netizens...

3. K_Pop_Captain

K_Pop_Captain Leader

Currency:
    Well he hasn’t banned them but still really sad

LuhansGreenHair likes this.
  4. SleepingGiant

SleepingGiant Super Rookie

Currency:
    How is that Banning?

Just looks like a scheduling conflict to me

5. Hermes1

Hermes1 Elite

Currency:
    The impression of idol fans is, CEO has banned them.

I would like to point this out (for a second time) that the dissent between Chinese Ministry of Culture and kpop music business extent.

For me here the battle continues. It's not a good sign to relax the current situation.

3 chinese girls is too obvious - no coincidence!

#5 Hermes1, Sep 3, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  6. K_Pop_Captain

K_Pop_Captain Leader

Currency:
    @KangWoojin144 mentioned they were the no.1 Kpop GG in China? WJSN are in a tough position the P101 girls are missing and now Cheng Xiao making money in China, but WJSN have to carry on regardless

sonemariam and LuhansGreenHair like this.
  7. Hermes1

Hermes1 Elite

Currency:
    sieghart92

Jessi || 마마무 || 우주소녀14 points·5 months ago
    Tbf i dont like it,it means they arent doing well :( but if it is true i hope it will help the group get more famous.

But then again,if it will be like pd101 if they get in the top11 they will have to promote with the group and wont have much time for wjsn,or promote with both and get burned out,considering it also is in china and not korea; if they dont get in the top it will be sad as a fan :(

EvyEarthling

puff puff pass, get HIgh on Pristin!2 points·5 months ago
    I doubt it. WJSN as a whole is barred from promoting in China, but the Chinese members can. Xiao's way more popular and overbooked, Xuanyi and Meiqi need some spotlight on their talent.

WJSN Mei Qi and Xuan Yi reportedly confirmed to join China's Produce 101
    Started by Ash-Pikachu , Mar 15 2018 02:05 AM

"...they will continue to promote with WJSN"

A broken promise by Starship Entertainment! :cryingr::cryingk::cryingk:

I declare CEO the war, we idol fans strike back!

#7 Hermes1, Sep 3, 2018
    LuhansGreenHair likes this.
  8. sonemariam

sonemariam A-List

Currency:
    Idol
    This got me thinking about Lay and Exo!

Hermes1 likes this.
  9. Hermes1

Hermes1 Elite

Currency:
    Cheng Xiao is my WJSN bias - I'm totally done with the world :eek::eek::eek: :cryingk::cryingk::cryingk:

[​IMG]

10. Hermes1

Hermes1 Elite

Currency:
    she is a goddess of flexibility

[​IMG]

#10 Hermes1, Sep 3, 2018
  11. Hermes1

Hermes1 Elite

Currency:

THE IMPORTANCE OF CHINESE MEMBERS FOR WJSN

[​IMG]
    OhMyGuy
    Artist

The amount of votes Mel Qi and Xuan Yi got on Produce China is crazy, adding that with Cheng Xiao's popularity already there and man the group is gonna be booming in China. Starship and Yuenhua are playing their cards right with China.

[​IMG]
    ambersky11
    Entertainer

I think it's just going to result in the three Chinese members having more individual (Cheng Xiao) or duo (Xuan Yi and Mei Qi) promotions in China. Also WJSN will have less group promotions as the three members would stay in China more often. China doesn't care about WJSN, they only know the three members for being themselves. Plus Meiqi and Xuanyi totally deserve their popularity, I love them so much!

[​IMG]
    kpopaye
    Legend

They sold almost 40k albums with their last release i dont think there is anything to worry here. Sure Mei Qi and Xuan Yi are in pd but WJSN is also starship’s only GG right now it would be stupid to disband them when they are still growing i dont think that’s gonna happen , they’ll just keep growing

Sure they havent gotten their first win yet but they do have album sales, they managed to sell around 5k first day for Dream your dream so at least they’re not flopping so badly they need to disband.

As for the pd 101 thing we just have to wait and see what happens if the members make it because they still have other members to promote with even then.

[​IMG]
    Celaena
    Entertainer

If Meiqi, Xuan Yi, and Cheng Xiao leave then yes because they are signed under yuehua entertainment. The three Chinese members are not signed under Starship. So yuehua can take those three members and debut them in their own girl group.

[​IMG]
    Uni909
    Artist
    I don't think they will disband. While I was against Xuan Yi and Mei Qi participating PD101, I think now this could be a smart move by Starship and Yuehua in the long term. WJSN could be very popular in China thanks to PD101.

12. jojomomo

jojomomo Public Figure

Currency:
    Maybe it's not a case of Starship banning the Chinese members. Maybe it's a case of Yuehua doesn't want / couldn't have them participate in this WJSN comeback.

The full-on sh*t-hitting-the-fan drama that is Produce 101 China and Rocket Girls... You can check out the Rocket Girls artist thread if you're curious.
    Anyway, it seems Yuehua has pissed off a lot of people, Tencent (P101) for definite. Not surprising at all if Starship is pissed off too.

Hermes1 likes this.
  13. Hermes1

Hermes1 Elite

Currency:
    How can artists have signed parallel contract with two music companies? (Yuehua and Starship)

And who finally sets the guidelines?

#13 Hermes1, Sep 3, 2018
  14. Jdan4_xx

Jdan4_xx Trainee

Currency:
    Why do groups that are under 2 agencies have a curse over them
    Example:
    Hello Venus -Pledis and fantagio
    GLAM- bighit and source

15. KangWoojin144

KangWoojin144 Public Figure

Currency:
    Guys, listen to me please
    MeiQi and XuanYi are hella busy because of Rocket Girls schedules, and they didn't take part on RG's debut single, so they're probably preparing for their next single with the group, what makes it impossible for them to be also on WJSN's next comeback
    While Cheng Xiao, as she is HYPER MEGA POWER popular in China nowadays, she's been doing TONS of cfs and variety shows in China, while also doing TONS of them in Korea, all of it at the same time, so she hadn't a single break in the last few months (and I'm not even exaggerating
    Just take a look at her many recent pictures at airports IMG_20180903_105401.jpg IMG_20180903_105411.jpg

Can you see it? She looks tired af and almost dead
    So maybe this is will be a break period for her, to at least breath
    At least this is what I hope for
    It just depends on Yuehua don't being fucking unfair with her and making her work non-stop

Hermes1 likes this.
  16. jojomomo

jojomomo Public Figure

Currency:
    To the best of my knowledge, Meiqi, Xuanyi, Chenxiao are signed with Yuehua, not Starship.
    Yuehua and Starship have a partnership agreement, Yuehua sent their artists to join Starship's group WJSN. I don't know how involved Yuehua is in WJSN affairs, whether they co-manage, or Starship manages.

Anyway, the problem was when Yuehua sent Meiqi and Xuanyi to China P101. Tencent and Yuehua signed a 2-yr exclusive contract for the two girls, meaning that Tencent has the exclusivity for that duration, the girls are meant to promote only as Rocket Girls.
    But Yuehua and Starship also has a valid contract in place, meaning that from Starship's point of view, the girls were suppose to promote as Rocket Girls AND WJSN.
    Right after P101 ended, Tencent and Starship had a bit of a spat.
    Matters got worse for the girls when Yuehua decided to pull them out of Rocket Girls. Tencent was very firm, threatening legal actions. Yuehua folded and the girls returned to Rocket Girls.

I don't blame Starship for not having Meiqi and Xuanyi in this upcoming comeback, because of potential legal mess, or that they're fed up with Yuehua's mishandling of the situation.

17. Hermes1

Hermes1 Elite

Currency:
    However the situation is a mess! :confused::(