A controversial thing I want bring up about KPOP

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Uni909, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Uni909

Uni909 Trendsetter

Currency:
    Guardian of the WJSN system
    I've been watching these award shows lately, from Melon, AAA and MAMA's. What I notice is all the idols sitting close to each other, but stays silent and barely look at each other. Only LOCO in Melon breaks the ice and talks to Hwasa from Mamamoo, and I find it interesting. I know he's not an idol, but a rapper so it might be easy for him. He talks to the opposite sex, handshake her like what I'm used to here in Europe when male and female meets. And then we had Momoland dancing in front of Jungkook, he was shy and didn't look at them once.

Is there a unofficial rule that idols can't speak and look at opposite sex than just bowing? For most people surely, this is about respect and I agree. But it's bothering me why some of my favourites in the SAME company can't interact. Yes, I get about the shipping rumours, but shouldn't they just don't be bother by that and talk? 2nd generations groups interacted all the time and that was just 8 years ago! Why are things going backward? Like KPOP companies and some fans wants to implement a gender segegration like Sharia Law.

I mean, how will KPOP groups handle this if they want to expand in the West, were interaction and intermingle between sex are very normal? I've seen BTS hugging and having arms carefully around Taylor Swift and Tyra Banks, so they are perhaps adapting to it, which is good imo. I'm not shading KPOP, but I wonder if this mentality or rule is hurting the idols as human beings by denying them the basic functions of being human.

Selynn, arieam, YumJam and 18 others like this.
  2. much_trash

much_trash Public Figure

Currency:
    han jisung protection squad
    i mean i guess there would be a bit of backlash if a famous idol did something like that, so maybe they want to stay out of trouble, even when they shouldn't be getting into trouble in the first place because they did nothing wrong.

3. jasque Married to : @BLACKPINK

Currency:
    Love
    "Is there a unofficial rule that idols can't speak and look at opposite sex than just bowing?"

Yes, its called twitter fangirls

brnagh, Ramasson, Inferano and 27 others like this.
  4. Uni909

Uni909 Trendsetter

Currency:
    Exactly. Some or many fans acting like they have ownership of the idols. Like they are getting married to them. Okay, everything is possible, but the chances are highly unlikely. It's like me sitting here and want ownership of LUDA from WJSN and everybody that looks at her, will feel my wrath. On the contrary, I would be super happy if I see her talking to a male idol in a event or show.

Selynn, L_catzzz, Fallaway and 3 others like this.
  5. nayeon_sasaeng

nayeon_sasaeng Super Rookie

Currency:
    Married to Nayeon
    it's stupid to get jealous if your bias interact with the opposite sex. what if ur bias is gay huh? you should get jealous if they interact with the same sex too.

kgggg, Pommier and Uni909 like this.
  6. Lulu_Key

Lulu_Key Veteran

Currency:
    Astronaut
    It didnt use to be like this in second generation era. Award shows were much more relaxed and idols were alot chiller with each other.
    3rd gen fans are more intense.

L_catzzz, Laroucelle, kgggg and 3 others like this.
  7. Queen

Queen A-List

Currency:
    Jihyo's gf & pro Chen stan
    Because there's a portion of fans that fully believe idols belong to them and thus they can't date or do anything that breaks the perfect puppet image they've created for the idol

L_catzzz, Laroucelle, kgggg and 2 others like this.
  8. ide1

ide1 Super Rookie

Currency:
    Firstly it helps that Loco and Hwasa made a song together and had a variety show about how they made the song.

Secondly, I am sure they are all friends but they can't really show much because kpop fans go crazy.. look at how they edit the smallest pictures when a female and male idol are near each other and not even talking. Can you imagine if a BTS member went and talked to BP at an award show? They don't really want controversy case kpop fans can get a little crazy

L_catzzz, Laroucelle, kgggg and 2 others like this.
  9. Uni909

Uni909 Trendsetter

Currency:
    True. I know SNSD and BigBang had a lot of interaction on screen, but also they got a ton of hate. But I'm glad they defied these haters and just went on with it regardless for a time.

10. GDMultiFandom

GDMultiFandom Super Rookie

Currency:
    twiceland~ (Big Bang is BACK!!)
    didn't hwasa and loco worked together.

well, fans are very idk.

Uni909 likes this.
  11. Uni909

Uni909 Trendsetter

Currency:
    They did? WoW I gotta check that out, thanks :)

Yeah, you're right about these possessed fans. But that goes to my point of this thread, these toxic and crazy fans are treating their idols as their thing. I get the consequences but it's so wrong imo. But I think BTS could pave the way for some changes, since they internmingle a lot with females in America. Hopefully...

12. Uni909

Uni909 Trendsetter

Currency:
    I'm just afraid if this bad trend continues, 4th gen and future generations will even have it much worse... What's next? Having female and male groups sitting 20 feet yards from each other? Like I mentioned, this feels like a developement into a KPOP light sharia law rule(no pun intended against muslims)

kgggg and Pommier like this.
  13. Ash_and_Thorns

Ash_and_Thorns Trendsetter

Currency:
    A Lazy Manager of Something
    I thought 2nd generation fans were the most intense ? Didn't they used to throw punches and pull hairs and all sorts of other messed up behaviour ?

14. Lulu_Key

Lulu_Key Veteran

Currency:
    Astronaut
    I know SHINee had tons of interactions with both ggs and bgs and never got hate for it.
    My favorite was Jjong pulling Yeri's pig tails
    [​IMG]

15. maruif

maruif Idol

Currency:
    Shipping KunTen
    Loco and Hwasa are like shipped a LOT too.

Uni909 likes this.
  16. Lulu_Key

Lulu_Key Veteran

Currency:
    Astronaut
    well my point of reference is shawols and fandom of the groups SHINee interacted with. Like no one tried to make up weird dating rumors or excessive shipping between SHINee and ggs they often intracted with like SNSD, FX, Kara and more.

17. Ash_and_Thorns

Currency:
    Here's the thing , " idols are available boyfriends/girlfriends " is the image that Kpop companies sold over the years , it became part of the culture , to remove it , it will take a lot of effort and patience , the change must be gradual too ; doing collabs might help , i always thought shows like WGM would help too.....Not to mention , it is very dependant on the image the idols portray : Taeyang has always been a family guy type so people didn't have objections when he interacted with women or when he got married ; G-Dragon on other hand is another story .

On another note , I would sincerely appreciate it if people didn't hold BTS to such expectations or obligations , thank you .

Inferano, Zeroda and Uni909 like this.
  18. kpop123

kpop123 Celebrity

Currency:
    :( i am getting emotional

19. Ash_and_Thorns

Currency:
    Shawols are pretty cool in general though so I doubt they would do that . However , I still don't understand why there were so harsh with Naeun though , she was just co-starring with Taemin , it's not like she was a bad person :( .

Lulu_Key likes this.
  20. Uni909

Uni909 Trendsetter

Currency:
    You brought up good points and yeah, there should be an effort to change this mindset. I don't expect this to change over the night, but gotta start somewhere.

What I meant about BTS paving the way, if it that you were referring to, I didn't mean they are obligated to do anything. But seeing RM I believe hugging Tyra Banks and them taking photo close to Taylor Swift, could indirectly from them make a difference in KPOP about intermingle between gender. Maybe some companies or stans seeing this and think: Well that wasn't so dangerous was it? They hugged Tyra Banks and nobody screamed bloody murder because of that. If companies see this more often how things are in the west, maybe they could adapt to this change too?