48\46 group friendships are more believable. why?

Discussion in 'J-POP' started by katahtattat, Aug 9, 2017.

1. katahtattat

this is just a theory

I submit that friendships between members of the 48\46 groups (akb48 related) are more believable than standard idol groups in jpop or kpop

why?

expectations

nobody expects all the members of such a huge group to be friends. they don't even expect them all to be close, so there is no reason to pretend. Members can naturally form friendships with a few members other without feeling pressure to fake anything.

group bonds amongst standard groups isn't just expected it's a promotional tool. groups that don't seem like close friends often lose popularity too.

thoughts?

2. grumps

grumps Super Rookie

I highly, highly, doubt the friendships in AKB, above all other groups. There are a few sets I genuine believe (like Tano/Hirari, or the savage circle from the first gen) but for the most part, I wouldn't believe anyone.
    It's not at all true that fans don't expect them to be close, AKB sells the hell out of fanservice, and has no problem pairing girls up as friends for pure PR. AKB initially came off the same way 101 does, survival, where every member was in it for themselves. If there were no "friendships," the group would have fallen apart already.
    More than any other group, AKB relies the most on planned friendships.

3. katahtattat

fans don't expect all members to be close, so why would they fake it? fan service on the stage isn't friendship either. that's performing.

4. grumps

grumps Super Rookie

They kind of do. The moment someone says "business relationship" fans jump from "they're not very close" to "they hate each other." It's pretty simple, considering fake relationships are the backbone of the group. Why wouldn't an unranked girl want to fake a friendship with an undergirl? Or even 46/48 where having a pair would stop the rivalry from going too far?
    Idols thrive on selling a cozy friendship, and 46/48 have turned it into a science. 48 more than 46, of course.
    Fanservice never stops. It's not just on stage.

5. katahtattat

but i have seen members say all the time they don't know each other or hardly ever talk. remember these girls don't live together unless it's by choice.

because the undergirl wouldn't do it, and there are enough girls to find a genuine friendship with

6. grumps

grumps Super Rookie

Lemme put this back here:
    Most female J-idols don't unless they live far away from work (i.e. Manakan) or are in some financial bind, which is rare. That's exactly it though, they aren't always going to be sausaged together. They won't admit their "close" if they've never even been given a chance to take a picture together. It's for the cameras at the end of the day.

That's just, simply, not true at all. AKB girls are young, but they know what's up.

Of all groups (Angerme, Morning Musume, AKB48, Dear Kiss, Idol Renaissance, Tacoyaki Rainbow, Bish, Momoclo, Baby Metal, Sakura Gakuin, Akishibu Project etc.) AKB is by far the least believable, and they make it obvious with intent. They're selling you a fantasy.

#6 grumps, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  7. katahtattat

i don't understand your logic beyond just typical hater rhetoric. Every idol is trying to sell a "fantasy."

the fact remains is the 48\46 members have no reason to fake friendships. nobody expects everyone to be friends, and everything potentially gained is also gained through genuine friendships. With so many girls in the groups more often than not the friendships will happen.

8. grumps

grumps Super Rookie

Ok.
    If you can't handle a differing opinion, then don't open a conversation.
    It is a fact, that J-idol groups thrive on contrived relationships, and AKB, in particular, sells friendships and pairings. If you can't handle the facts of the industry, that is fine. All I suggest is that you avoid conversations where the concept is necessary.

This is still false because they have every reason to fake friendships, especially with infamous bullying rumors in the past. They're idols. Their entire persona is, usually, a facade.
    Are there a few true friendships? Probably. However, a majority are going to be for the cameras, especially compared to other idol groups.

9. katahtattat

yeah you're definitely a hater.

10. grumps

grumps Super Rookie

Lmao, I'm dead.
    I'm actually bald.
    You have to be trolling.

11. katahtattat

"Are there a few true friendships? Probably. However, a majority are going to be for the cameras, especially compared to other idol groups."

there is absolutely no way to support this statement. outside of a few members im not even a big 48 fan, but i recognize obvious haters when i encounter them.

12. grumps

grumps Super Rookie

[​IMG]
    Ok.

13. Not_interested

Not_interested Super Rookie

Jobless shit
    Of course all 48/46 don't look best friends with each other.
    But that doesn't mean all 2,3 person friendships among them are genuine ones. Some are real, some fanservice.

14. katahtattat

nobody can ever know 100% for sure