@2ndgenstan WHAT IS YOUR OVERALL OPINION ABOUT 3RD GEN

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by girlgroupstan21, Oct 5, 2020.

1. girlgroupstan21

Currency:
    broke.bitch
    Music , career , choreo , scandal , visual . All of em
    This thread only applied to 2nd gen stan
    But everyone is welcomed

2. ForgottenSoul

Currency:
    Boring for me only like a few groups and the variety and music show stuff declined.

buffyfan and visualkei4402 like this.
  3. bamboozled_61

bamboozled_61 Super Rookie

Currency:
    I m just a casual listener. Variety shows are boring nothing excites me anymore.

Reclaimer, MFZ and buffyfan like this.
  4. sweettaylor

sweettaylor Trendsetter

Currency:
    3rd gen has

Worse vocalists, worse music, boring idols, more toxic obsession with visuals,

There are exceptions tho

5. kyutiemir22

kyutiemir22 WhatchuNeed

Currency:
    Music = mostly generic
    career = impressive theyre achieving a lot
    choreo = the worst and best simultaneously, best cause a lot of them do really hard dances but worst because most are not memorable. Nothing like the sorry sorry dance or genie leg dance
    scandal = ion remember any tbh
    visual = prettier girls, blander dudes

MFZ likes this.
  6. icyruios

icyruios Icon

Currency:
    Feels like for me I prefer 2nd Gen GGs but I may or may not prefer 3rd Gen BGs (maybe largely due to Day6?)

GGs wise 2nd Gen they had more of an identity? There were so many various GGs and competition was stiff back then which in turn make them stand out more. Like competition for the top groups between SNSD/2NE1/Sistar/Wonder Girls/Kara/T-ara were stiff, and even groups who may not have the overall popularity of those higher tier groups like 4Minute/miss A/Secret/AOA/EXID they all had their really big shining moments that made them memorable as well. There are so many standouts to listen to. Concepts were also more varied. Sexy/Girl Crush/Retro/Cute you want it we have it. 3rd Gen GGs seem more saturated among the top (Twice/BP/RV/Mamamoo/Gfriend), that a lot of mid to lower tier GGs do not have that level of visibility and hence it seems like the overall sound of 3rd Gen GG are less varied.

[​IMG]

For BGs, maybe I can't really say much because I listen to a lot more Day6 than other 3rd Gen BGs. Maybe I wasn't really into the whole dancing thing for BGs all this while? I grow to really like Day6 music because it is very unlike the typical BG sound. If there is 1 group that I can safely say has no bad songs it would be Day6. Heck the reddit voted Day6 song that ranked last (Habits) is such a good song, that itself tells you something. Day6 aside I kinda got a bit bored with other 3rd Gen BGs and still tend to listen to GGs more

[​IMG]

2nd Gen overall though, had a larger string of iconic hits and at least it isn't centered around the top few groups which makes KPOP look so much more varied and interesting

dizzcity and sweettaylor like this.
  7. AsianDrama16

AsianDrama16 Public Figure

Currency:
    Gen3 is amazing! Like Gen2, they've taken Kpop to new heights! They're setting a tough standard for Gen4. But I'm sure Gen4 will also amaze us by raising Kpop to heights that we can't imagine yet. We're in for some exciting times in the years ahead.

sadsavely likes this.
  8. hiraya

hiraya Newbie

Currency:
    Variety show guestings are kinda awkward and boring. Interaction with fellow idols are quite limited and stiff. Music wise I still prefer the 2nd gens because there's a variety in concepts. Music is much diverse in entirety. Voices are more powerful and soulful. Nowadays (3rd and 4th) , almost all follow the same trend, same style, too much autotune and voice enhancers.

9. ychofficial

ychofficial Trendsetter

Currency:
    Overall: MEH

10. sadsavely

sadsavely Leader

Currency:
    Devoted to Sunmi
    A step up from the past, i feel like there is more diversity in music and concepts nowadays. Choreo has been improving and overall i think 3rd gen groups are a bit better at performing. Also the makeup and styling is wayyy better, no longer just thick eyeliner and anime haircuts. The globalization of kpop is a double edged sword but I think it brings more good then bad.

mygsbeat likes this.