[16+] What Would You Do If Your Favorite Idol Died?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by emanresu, Dec 5, 2017.

1. pwswan

pwswan Public Figure

Currency:
    When Davy Jones (Monkees) died, I cried for a couple of days and took a few months to mourn. It's been five years now; I've moved on and can remember him fondly.

emanresu likes this.
  2. ychofficial

ychofficial Celebrity

Currency:
    I'd tweet ''rip'' and move on with my life.

emanresu likes this.
  3. rinah108

rinah108 Trendsetter

Currency:
    i would probably cry everyday for some time
    i'm still not over chester's death
    i don't think about it usually but i tear up the second someone mentions his name

emanresu likes this.
  4. ApissipA

ApissipA Rookie

Currency:
    Goddess
    I hope this post is a joke? Someone’s age doesn’t invalidate/validate whether they enjoyed their life or if they even fulfilled it to the best of their abilities. Someone’s age doesn’t validate the emotional impact it would have on others when they pass away.

There is NO difference between someone dying at 19 or 50. They passed away, yet that doesn’t define whether one’s death is more hard hitting than the other. Only because one lived longer than the other, doesn’t automatically mean that they had a more fulfilling, better life than the younger.

I don’t know whether I’m overreacting but I found your response gross and disrespectful.

sachimi likes this.
  5. KarmaButterfly

KarmaButterfly Celebrity

Currency:
    Maybe I would be sad for a couple hours and then move on, is not like I know those people

[edit] on a second thought I think I would be really sad watching his members mourning his death. That would be hard to watch

emanresu likes this.
  6. SquirtleYerimLuv

SquirtleYerimLuv Public Figure

Currency:
    If something was to happen to Yeri, I would cry so much.

I think the fact that she’s young would also add to it, because I feel more sympathy when a young person loses their life, since there is so much they haven’t experienced, so much they would have wanted to experience...

Although I don’t know Yeri personally, the Yeri that I do “know”, the person we see on screen, is something that I look forward to on a depressing day... I think I would be reaaally upset

rinah108 and emanresu like this.
  7. Hermes1

Hermes1 Elite

Currency:
    Sorry it's far from me to offend you. There is probably a misunderstanding.

Of course it's a bit different to lose a close relative than a kpop idol. If I forgot to appreciate it, I'm sorry.

8. emanresu

emanresu Icon

Currency:
    I think I would be similar.

:)

soshilovelife likes this.
  9. peach_tae

peach_tae Super Rookie

Currency:
    I actually had a dream that they did... and let me tell you, it made me cry A LOT even though it wasn't real. I couldn't imagine how I would react if it became reality.....

emanresu likes this.
  10. jenstals

jenstals Leader

Currency:
    I would cry and greive for a few weeks, perhaps and then I would drop kpop since most of the groups/arists I like are inactive anyway, Blackpink and Winner are pretty much the only ones keeping me here.

11. Boom

Boom Trainee

Currency:
    I will gut the fat man himself if Hani gets hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:angryr:

emanresu likes this.
  12. Elf_lover

Elf_lover Leader

Currency:
    I would be devastated and would grieve for a while but eventually move on, after all I didn’t know him.

emanresu likes this.
  13. Spinereader

Spinereader Leader

Currency:
    One of the idols I really adore actually WAS suicidal this year, crying on a live chat and pondering the idea of throwing himself in front of a car. I felt so helpless and worried for him, and I thought about him all the time, scared that he wouldn't seek help and perhaps even go through with taking his life. But he seems to be so much happier now, and has even talked about wanting to travel, so I'm certainly relieved. If he'd actually ended his life I do think I'd cry and mourn at the loss of someone so sweet, so gifted and so very young! I'd think about his older sisters he seems to adore, all his ex group members who care deeply for him, and everyone he loved who will never be able to hear his distinctive laugh and experience his kindness again. Then I'd imagine how much anguish he was in, and feel horrible that he had to suffer and no one was able to help.

While I'd be able to go on with life, I'd never forget him and I'd always have that cold feeling in my stomach whenever I remembered.

emanresu likes this.