Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Would they do well in Korea

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Lubby00, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Lubby00

Lubby00 Artist

They're name in BananaLemon and they're a new westernized Jpop girl group that debuted early this year. They even have a half black member

2. Lovely_Cornchips

I feel like they wouldn't if I'm being totally honest, while this is a style international fans love-Korea isn't the biggest fan of it.

3. Shellfish_Beach

Only if they were from a big 3 company lmao. That's the only qualifications to make it

4. jytjuyikhujo

Not with that langue lol, but I dont think so there appearance may get some hate and a full japanese member gg in kpop I dont know about that since the history of japan and korea. I dont think koreas ready for a full Japnses gg yet it has gotten better with adding some japanses members in kpop group though.

But their style would fit an international fandom more than a korea, but other than that they have really great vocals. :excitedr:

5. keyboardwarrior7

I mean, I think Korea picks and chooses who will do well with concepts like this.

Despite how popular the trend is for groups, very few actually yield any success with it.

It's kinda lit though. Thanks for the bops. :dancer::dancer:

Lubby00 likes this.
  6. ex0ticprid3

ex0ticprid3 Artist

lol hell no, the popular westernized girl groups barely do good in Korea. To be honest I don't see any future in the music industry for them

7. keyboardwarrior7

Lol, that live was lacking a little bit in some areas...:confused:

But, I think they are definitely talented, and I want them to do well so they can release more music~~~!!!

#7 keyboardwarrior7, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  8. Henshin

Henshin Rookie

nope. too much talent
    even though they're not too talented, its still way too much for korea
    also way too much confidence
    they dont like to present females like this
    you have to fit the wimpy whiny weak mold and be a weird human doll character/chat avatar

It's also too much dance power. they like women to dance like their muscles have atrophied

9. devilinblack1

devilinblack1 Artist

NOOO...and I'm sure this won't be very much popular in japan also. General people may give it a try but they will lack hardcore fans.

10. shantafanta

shantafanta Entertainer

not well. the amount of racism that poor girl is going to get is unprecedented. on top of that, Koreans have a strong love for their culture and haven't been open to westernized groups thus far.

11. ex0ticprid3

ex0ticprid3 Artist

what? it looks like you don't even know about kpop, there are a lot of talented girls and even more than them (the only one that could dance and had charisma was the half black member the other ones lacked A LOT) Stop insulting kpop since there are a lot of really powerful dancing girl groups and stop over exaggerating with the whiny weak bullshit

12. Henshin

Henshin Rookie

i've been in kpop for a LONG time. LONG
    this is just my opinion
    you're just gonna have to accept that this is the way i feel
    because it is

now if you have any weak brainless plastic surgeried chat avatar ladies who all look the same and dance like some repositioned paper dolls, korea will eat those up. short of that? they're not interested

13. ex0ticprid3

ex0ticprid3 Artist

I love how people use the "it's my opinion" bs to justify some non-factual, over exaggerated opinion

14. Henshin

Henshin Rookie

i love how girl group fans deny all the lame aspects of their favs every time they are called into question
    but they know what i'm talking about. they know i don't make this stuff up
    girl group fans have been hearing the same complaints about those talentless chat avatars for years, and they've been denying it with the same denials
    but they can't make people not see it

korea dont like real women. they wont support those. they like cartoon women. they support caricatures of women that fit their ideal. that is all

15. babydoll23

babydoll23 Artist

First time listening and I am here for them. Love the song/choreo.

Honestly, they're too hard hitting for SK. They'd do better in a western country.

16. ex0ticprid3

ex0ticprid3 Artist

Well aren't idols real women? Stop diminishing them. Of course they focus a lot in visuals but it's part of kpop, some gg have even uglier members than the ones on that group, you are still over exaggerating

17. Henshin

Henshin Rookie

i don't think so. i think i'm calling it exactly the way it is
    i was thinking that if you drew some flat paper dolls and moved them in very small increments then filmed it and sped it up you'd have a blackpink MV :teeheek:

these girls in this video you linked are much better than any korean girl group i've seen. letting these girls debut would never occur, but if it did it would be a mistake, they would steal all the fans. if kpop girl groups were more like these girls i'd already be following some. they're like real people who i could get to know and like, not a bunch of photocopies of the same tiresome image

but if you really want to make a new girl group for korea you have two options
    1. go on imvu and find a way to get those avatar females to come out of the screen
    2. go find some women on the street and give them lots of surgery to make them look like a imvu avatar and then a lot of lessons to make them move like a doll and a lot of vocal coaching to make them sing like a child. then assign them a stupid english name like a pink, black pink, or chick pink. last step

Most labels opt for #2 (but if #1 was possible, they'd be all over it)

#17 Henshin, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  18. Hottest2PMKhun

Hottest2PMKhun Super Rookie

Wow! Not really a fan of the second or the third song, but that first song-young forever- slayed my entire existence! Japan bettet not be sleeping on them! If they debuted in south korea and got proper promotion, they might get a sizeable fandom, but unfortunateltly i cannot them being popular amongst the general public.

last2bfree likes this.
  19. loveis4evergone

they might not make it in kpop but im not gonna lie some of those songs were pretty lit

last2bfree likes this.
  20. last2bfree

last2bfree Rookie

well idk about making it but some of these songs are bopin
    [​IMG]