Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

What SM does wrong.

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Myrhia, May 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Myrhia

Myrhia Star

If you ask me:
    Before you come to me with how big and strong a company is, like every other company SM has its problems.

1.Lack of creativity from producers and "playing it safe" as though they leave the demo completely untouched therefore the song sounds exactly like the demo like hot summer, run devil run, Mirotic, I could go on

2.)Too much manipulation and controlling of trainees and giving them less opportunities to grow as artists. Instead training them in such a manner that they become performing work horses.

3.)Wasting too much resources on "experiments" than money making projects when currently most of their money cows apart from exo and taeyeon, are either under hiatus, like Suju snsd or still developing like RV and NCT.

What do u think SM does wrong? Don't bash, just talk with reason. :whatr:

fxcx09, simplyme, estheram and 7 others like this.
  2. YGDUNGEONVRP

YGDUNGEONVRP Legend

3. madeluxe

madeluxe Artist

treats some of their most promising groups like shit + doesn't clear up controversies

4. Utsukushiiii

Utsukushiiii Artist

Yuta's Chin
    Out of all Idols not sending Shindong on diet when he needs it more than most other SM.E Idols.

5. chekas1292

chekas1292 Star

This is their biggest mistake so far.

6. Spinereader

Spinereader Artist

Whenever a male idol has a solo project, it's usually a ballad, and the most bland, forgettable ballad imaginable. I'd like to see them mix it up.

I'd give this advice to most entertainment groups, but please, debut something besides an idol group once in a blue moon! I'll take anything; band, soloist, duo or trio. Just not another idol group for awhile!

7. StripedTiger

:waterr::waterr::waterr:

8. michinpabo

michinpabo Super Rookie

They are very corporate. They have too much of a business approach to music.

9. kyutiemir22

kyutiemir22 Artist

1 and 2 kinda contradict themselves

10. Myrhia

Myrhia Star

They do but that's bcoz the first one talks about the production and arrangement team and the 2nd one talks about the idols and the way they are treated ^^

11. Exbbsy12

Exbbsy12 Artist

I dont think SM are not creative. Imo sm is ome of the most creative and experimental companies in kpop thanks to their creative team but SM looks at everything in a business pov so if it means treating their artists like products they'll do it.

woase, simplyme, floqkpop and 14 others like this.
  12. madeluxe

madeluxe Artist

and letting him get so bigheaded that he thinks he can walk around calling women fat

13. kashchanocchi

kashchanocchi Artist

I'd say their music is the most experimental imo

I do agree that a lot of their music comes from hired producers (like most companies) and there's not much in-house innovation going on but yeah

14. Myrhia

Myrhia Star

If you ask me, SM is the most creative in terms of non profit projects. But once a group becomes their main money maker they start playing too safe but I can certainly see that changing now since NCT and SM station started.

woase, simplyme and WHY_SO_SERIOUS17 like this.
  15. Spinereader

Spinereader Artist

Another one; I think they've gotten too big. They're like the Korean equivalent of Google now, with a stake in just about every type of business one can imagine, even ones that have nothing to do with entertainment. It could work, but it could also lead to problems if multiple ventures go bad or there's a scandal (a real one, like embezzlement, stock manipulation, etc) at the highest level. Of course a scandal would hurt any business, but if it's a company with multiple ventures, the ramifications would be much farther reaching and devastate multiple industries.

16. kyutiemir22

kyutiemir22 Artist

I disagree with 1 though
    SM are constantly changing producers and releasing non public friendly songs. All 3 of those demos have distinct sounds and sound nothing alike to each other.
    I also don't mind 2 because it is their company. As long as they follow through with their side of the contracts for their lineup the rest is their problem. Ya get me? Also I don't see how a company can ever evolve or learn and become better if they don't experiment and try new things.

17. _Dalnim

_Dalnim Artist

They really don't play it that safe, look at experimental groups like fx and RV....but otherwise I completely agree , I also think they really should focus on proper promotions of their older groups like Shinee and Suju, TVXQ who maybe aren't in top 5 popular groups anymore but their stable fandoms can literally save the company if NCTproject fails and SNSD disbands ( I don't want to , kay ? But there's a big possibility) Ofc EXO is still here but they don't promote them as much as they used to and also only one group alone can't save such a big company as SM.

18. blossom_girl

You mean not giving their artists the freedom to express themselves? They're dealing with NCT quite differently then. For a rookie group from SM to write and compose their own debut song is quite astonishing + Mark and TY write and take part in composing quite a lot of NCT's songs and Taeyong choreographs,which is good.
    I don't mind even if their artists don't self-compose tbh as long as the end product is quality. Imo only the people who have the talent to compose,should.

What? o_O

ELF_L, yoichiidesu, ThisGuy and 7 others like this.
  19. madeluxe

madeluxe Artist

He said this about fat women
    "If someone had to lose weight, I would tell that person to lose weight. Lose some weight, why can't you take care of yourself. When I say this, the person might think, 'Look who's talking,' but I would reply, 'I'm a boy and you're a girl.'"

20. blossom_girl

Fml I thought you were talking about Yuta literally my jaw dropped lmao :sweatr:
    Nvm,yeah that was a dick move,shindong