Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Stanning nugu groups is hard

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by becci, Apr 21, 2017.

1. becci

becci Star

Example literally hundrets of groups:
    - waiting for subs forever only to never get them
    - not being able to buy the album cause it's sold out already and they don't sell them anymore
    - not being sure if they disbanded or not because there was never an official announcement
    - getting no replies when you post about them
    - searching for the group on google only to find random things completely unrelated to the group but absolutely nothing about the group

Example Target:
    - having to wait weeks for my copy of the album to arrive only to listen to the song because the Japanese fans didn't feel like sharing the song with us :mad:
    - no news for a year when there were problems with their old company (thank you so much jsl for taking them in, I love you T.T)
    - uhm....so are they debuting now? is it a japanese debut? a korean debut? a predebut single? is there going to be an mv? is it a single or a mini album? could we please just get any information at all?

Example Berry Good:
    - like that member? well sucks for you, she's gone, here have another one

Example Loona:
    - "we'll reveal the new member when the MV has 300K views" *waits forever* :oops:

Example Dream Catcher:
    - liked Minx? well sucks for you, they disbanded

#1 becci, Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    brianz, Eithra, Mai_Turn and 8 others like this.
  2. kpopaye

kpopaye Legend

These problems kinda apply to any group to be honest. There will always something when stanning a group even if they're slighlty less known which is about 80% of kpop groups so just stanning problems in general would've worked too.

3. becci

becci Star

They actually don't though?

Eithra, angeler88 and bonbonfairy like this.
  4. kpopaye

kpopaye Legend

Maybe less than groups that are actually nugu nugu but it's not like they are the only ones with problems. That's all i'm trying to say.

Multifandom_hoe likes this.
  5. angeler88

angeler88 Entertainer

The whole not knowing if they disbanded or not is too real. With more known groups there's always an article if they disband but nugu groups get nothing. I remember when Chocolat disbanded through one of their staff members posting on Twitter how they were done

Eithra, Mynty and becci like this.
  6. Spinereader

Spinereader Artist

I feel you on not knowing if they disbanded. I have NO idea if Hotshot still exists. But then again even bigger companies can stay mum about disbandments we all know about. JYP hasn't announced Miss A is done, Pledis hasn't announced After School is done, and FNC hasn't announced AOA Black is done. It seems these announcements are becoming a thing of the past and we have to find out either by seeing members scattering or hearing an ex-member mention it on Twitter two years after their last comeback.

angeler88, Eithra and becci like this.
  7. vvhale

vvhale Entertainer

Just wanna say I checked out Dreamcatcher cause your sig and I'm in love <3

becci and manicturtle like this.
  8. Haeryn

Haeryn Moderator
    Staff Member

Intercepting the comment. :D
    Feel free to ask any question and their artist thread is there if you ever feel like coming by and use an artist thread (I know some users don't really like them).
    Feel free to ignore me if I'm too overbearing.

vvhale and becci like this.
  9. becci

becci Star

Yayyyyyy I'm glad you like them :)

Eithra likes this.
  10. keyboardwarrior7

I don't think I could be so strong. I thought I was dying when I found out like last month that GOT7 was not like taking over Korea (after having been their fan for 2 years). I just took for granted that their videos usually get subbed and that their albums/songs were ALL over the internet. I don't think my heart could take stanning a nugu group. I almost lose my mind every time I look up Jackson on Google and get something about Jackson, Florida and some crime at a Chinese restaurant called Wang House or something.

becci likes this.
  11. vvhale

vvhale Entertainer

No, thank you for the directory.
    I will definitely be checking out the girls' thread. Really impressed by their releases so far.

becci and Haeryn like this.
  12. becci

becci Star

I swear looking for Target on any website at all is hell. Also for the jpop boygroup Bullet Train :sweatr:

13. xxxcadrgn

xxxcadrgn Artist

can you tell me something about LOONA. I'm watch their mv, everyday I love you, and I searching about them in Internet but It's weird. Tell me something, ex : their name, when they debut, or anything

thanks.

becci likes this.
  14. becci

becci Star

Here is their artist thread
    In the OP post are links to all their MVs and a member profile.
    They'll have 12 members in total, so far we know five, each month a new member is revealed, the group will most likely debut in early 2018
    http://www.allkpop.com/forum/threads/official-loopd-artist-thread.47068/

15. Alina1441

Alina1441 Entertainer

Besides TWICE and a few other big names, almost all of my groups are "Nugu"(I freaking hate that word).
    BtoB only recently started gaining attention, same goes for GOT7.
    History and Sunny Hill are from the same company, and both of them are SUPER underrated.
    My poor RaNia. I don't know what's going on there.
    2PM and Miss A lost their popularity due to JYPE stupid management and now it's like... who are they? They basically have the "Nugu" title over their heads, especially 2PM.
    NU'EST and FT Island... my babies ;;;;;; While NU'EST are struggling and being humiliated on P101 for some unknown reason, FTI might win a few music shows here and there, but they are Nugu compared to CN BLUE.
    And let's not even begin on all the groups I liked and disbanded after 1 or 2 songs.
    Like... The Wonder Boyz. Or The Ark.

Eithra and becci like this.
  16. katahtattat

being a fan of some lesser known groups, sometimes i enjoy the challenge.

becci and keyboardwarrior7 like this.
  17. Spinereader

Spinereader Artist

There are two (and only two) good things about being a fan of an obscure group; the number of fans are small and not too obnoxious, and it's easy to follow the group/member activities. My favorite group (Topp Dogg, if anyone cares) never gets to do much at all between yearly promotions, whether solo or as a group, so between those promotions you can count their activities on one hand. And even during promotions there's not too many activities to keep up with. Their company seems to think it's still 2008 and they can take it easy with promotions

becci likes this.
  18. keyboardwarrior7

I always wondered, with groups like that, are the members actually making good revenue? Like, can they support themselves, or do they have to get part time jobs or something?

becci likes this.
  19. Haeryn

Haeryn Moderator
    Staff Member

I think it depends on groups but the truly nugu groups don't win any money. I think their living expenses are taken of by the company during a time but that's pretty much it, if even that. I think I remember one of Topp Dogg's members had to work on a daily job at a cafe.

becci likes this.
  20. _Isabel

_Isabel Star

Stanning ToppDogg for example is seriously pain, like they've been around for long, yet they're nugu.
    We're constantly in fear they might disband or that another member leaves all of sudden..

Luckily ToppKlass is a great fandom with active fans who sub things.

It's nice to meet another ToppKlass though! <3

becci likes this.