Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Question about Girl Groups and Cutesy Concepts

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by UncleDrew, Apr 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. UncleDrew

UncleDrew Artist

Is it so wrong to like cute concepts? Is it wrong to like groups with cutesy concepts? Do concepts have to be deep and full on emo?

I don't get it, just because someone likes cute songs.. does that mean we deserve to go to hell or something?

Like I thought music was suppose to make you feel something, so whats wrong with cute songs that are bright and cheerful? It makes listeners happy. Is it wrong to be happy? Do we have to listen to badass and mature songs? What if we don't want to?

You people question why cutesy concepts are everywhere, I don't know.. maybe because of the fact that cutesy and cheerful concepts are easier to take in and make you happy? I mean if you look at baby animals that are cute... are you not happy? So whats wrong with that? Whats wrong if cute concepts are slaying the charts? It just means people like to listen to cheerful songs. Is that wrong?

Why do people always associate cutesy concepts to disgusting fetishes? What if we just like the concept. Because of the concept?

Lastly, why are girl groups looked down upon just because they have more fanboys? I mean isn't it normal for boys to like girls? Just like how girls like boys? I mean at least you don't see a lot of us going to our faves social media asking them to choke us.

I really don't get it.

2. MaskedAnon

MaskedAnon Entertainer

The problem is how many "cutesy concepts" are being recycled over and over and things just start to seem the same.

3. MonbebeX

MonbebeX Artist

Who upset you lol. I personally don't like the cute concept myself and I'm sick of it, but if you like it, go ahead and fck the haters.

4. BritishSone

BritishSone Artist

Younger generations? No. Middle aged men? Creepy as fuck.

Taetties, gouri, _Dalnim and 7 others like this.
  5. kamypop

kamypop Artist

Honestly, just love the music you want to love without caring too much. People will keep on hating the cutesy concept no matter what specially here, we know that! Like the music you want to and others will also like what they want to ^^!

shubhajan, ELF_L, jbeanbean and 5 others like this.
  6. Lovely_Cornchips

No it's not wrong.

I enjoy listening to girl groups who do the cuter style because their songs are peppy and make me happy. Also, ignore the whole guys can't like girl groups because all guys are creeps bullshit-its false and bullcrap and deals with assuming shit about a whole demographic. I know you weren't referencing that but I remember a thread on here that was basically attacking fanboys and it was disgusting.

There is nothing wrong with liking cute girl group concepts and please don't let hate make you feel bad.

7. UncleDrew

UncleDrew Artist

If people like it, then be it.
    You can choose to ignore it

8. koschei

koschei Star

the sad truth is that people enjoy dissing anything they don't like even if there's absolutely nothing wrong with it

9. Haeryn

Haeryn Artist

No, it's not wrong. I actually find most i-fans ridiculous with the amount of disdain they have towards cute concepts.

10. kddicted

kddicted Artist

Wa your dp, is that Jihyo? She looks so pretty and she's not even wearing makeup..
    Of course there is nothing wrong with cutesy concepts. Music is meant to make you feel something, it's meant to evoke emotion whatever it may be, you just enjoy it and ignore the haters

Exbbsy12, sonce, shubhajan and 3 others like this.
  11. seungriseyo

seungriseyo Artist

it wouldnt be wrong if girl groups werent ditched for younger groups once they started acting like the women they are, which happens more often than not

12. UncleDrew

UncleDrew Artist

Nah man, I went to see my little cousin whose a 10 yr old boy that likes girl groups because they make him happy,

But he said these days he doesn't listen to them anymore because apparently he read somewhere that dudes who like cute songs are disgusting, he put down his Apink posters because "he doesn't want to harm Apink because he's a guy"

Idc about me, but whats wrong with a kid liking a group?

Exbbsy12, shubhajan, koschei and 2 others like this.
  13. _CLeO

_CLeO Artist

I'm not a fan on cutesy concepts but there are certain cutesy songs I do like

Taetties and soshilovelife like this.
  14. Haeryn

Haeryn Artist

This has nothing to do with the concept but just with trends. It's very rare for an idol group to stay at the top for more than a few years. Shinhwa declined (they're considered a legend but none of their recent song has done good digitally), SS501 declined, Suju declined, BAP declined, EXO will decline, BTS will decline...

soshilovelife and KoShinwon like this.
  15. Lovely_Cornchips

That's what happens when people assume shit about a whole gender-they ruin things.

Exbbsy12, gouri, Cupcake_101 and 6 others like this.
  16. _CLeO

_CLeO Artist

Tell him to put back up his APink posters
    And that APink loves him, they're 'Always' with their fans :yesr:
    [​IMG]

Exbbsy12, sonce, ambersky11 and 5 others like this.
  17. chekas1292

chekas1292 Artist

Cherub baby, cherub baby! :D Stay happy

Exbbsy12, sonce, shubhajan and 4 others like this.
  18. RussellMyJimmies

No, it's not wrong. It's all a matter of opinion and personal taste. I personally don't like the cute concept because it's too predictable and overused. Sure some groups doing that concept can have some real bops, but for the most part I just feel like it's all the same and I don't find it as interesting or appealing anymore. Since so many groups do the cute concept that makes other groups doing different concepts look more appealing, new and different which makes me lean more towards them for new bops with less cutesy pop and more interesting, exciting, and different sounds that make me look forward to it more.

I don't know how to answer your last few questions since I don't care about the ratio of male to female fans.

19. AnotherSoneJack

Eff the haters, those same people who bash cute concepts are probably the same ones who force girl crush on GGs yet still won't support (most) of them when they finally do it

Exbbsy12, sonce, chenyue10 and 2 others like this.
  20. seungriseyo

seungriseyo Artist

trends? come on, they're all the same. it doesnt matter if the song is from 2010 or 2017, there's always the high school uniform or white dress, cringeworthy aegyo and bubbly song. maybe sports uniform if they're feeling adventurous.