Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Mainstream kpop groups/artists?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by LongAssRider, Aug 12, 2017.

1. LongAssRider

LongAssRider Artist

Do you find yourself listening to more mainstream groups/artists than "nugu" groups or vice versa?
    Which groups/artists do you think have mainstream status?

NYHTJ3trash, Cutie888, dope_5 and 3 others like this.
  2. blossom_girl

Mainstream groups mostly.
    I get my fill from the surface so I don't feel the need to go deeper and neither does kpop interest me enough to do so.
    If there's some talked about nugu maybe I'll look into them like BTS at one point for example.

3. jytjuyikhujo

I listen to both nugu and mainstream and give them all a chance when I have the time, status of popularity doesnt matter to me. But the mainstream groups are more likely to end up in playlist honestley but there are less popular groups that get in my playlist like Brave Girls,CLC,DAL SHABET Pristine and Gugudan but there manily title tracks except for CLC and Brave Girls. I recently listened to Weki Mekis album it wasnt my taste but I gave them a chance.

4. Cutie888

Cutie888 Star

I listen to whatever I like

5. realTopKpop

realTopKpop Rookie

I listen to everything I can. I am totally open to hearing more new ones and try to get as many different groups/idols as I can in my playlist. If I like their songs I don't care if they are new, old, popular, not yet popular, disbanded or what..good K-pop is good K-pop music and I don't limit my support.

Couponski likes this.
  6. lighterxx

lighterxx Artist

I evensearch nugu af groups and solo artists, while i dolove mainstream songs mostly, there are beautiful songs out there waiting to get discovered. I try to give them all a chance.

7. tiffanytran22123

tiffanytran22123 Entertainer

Mainstream. I focus in my favs mostly. I only gove nugus group a listen if there are some hypes or people often talk about it (ex: Dreamcatcher with their dark concept has been praised by i-fans, ASTRO constantly being mentioned on the news, SF9 which I saw a lot on people's sig here on alkp forum, Pentagon cuz Hui produced P101 Never, he is in the sub unit with Hyunah 365 fresh something I can't recall and people praising them for writing their own music, the same reason for Seventeen) but honestly if their music doesn't catch my attention the first time I watched their MV/listened to their songs then it's a N.O for me.

LongAssRider likes this.
  8. Spinereader

Spinereader Artist

It's the idol industry, it's almost all very mainstream. Do you mean more popular?

The groups I like range from obscure, fairly popular to one popular group.

LongAssRider likes this.
  9. Happylittlepunk

I listen to any kpop group I can get a chance too

LongAssRider likes this.
  10. winkwink

winkwink Super Rookie

Mainstream mostly. But if I like their music, I'll listen whether they're mainstream or nugu

LongAssRider likes this.
  11. Lilac_Ace

Lilac_Ace Super Rookie

I listen to bts and other songs I like. Whether they be mainstream or not, if it's to my taste, I'd still jam into it.

LongAssRider likes this.
  12. Jack_Pink

Jack_Pink Artist

my faves mostly and they all mainstream

not on the mood of listening all kpop groups there is

LongAssRider likes this.
  13. PopCandy

PopCandy Artist

man I wish I could find a nugu group to stan, like someone just starting out because fandoms are always better in the beginning and I love to see groups/bands grow. But so far no one has caught my eye so it's mostly mainstream.

LongAssRider likes this.
  14. Spinereader

Spinereader Artist

While it's up to you, I'd advice against doing it too soon. There are a lot of groups that only have one or two songs before disbanding or drifting away. If you wait a year or two you can start to see how they're doing. If they get decent promotions, comebacks two or more times a year, and haven't had any member turnover, there's a good chance they'll be around at a few more years.

PopCandy and LongAssRider like this.
  15. PopCandy

PopCandy Artist

yeah, I understand that there's always this risk but I see, for example, people who have followed bts since pre-debut, or the way I have followed Arctic Monkeys (not k-pop) pretty much since they started out and I really wish that could see a k-pop group grow like that. but in the end it all comes down to the music for me, and so far no rookie group has caught my year.

16. rinah108

rinah108 Artist

totally mainstream lmao :"")))

find me a good enough nugu group and i'll give them a shot i promise

17. LongAssRider

LongAssRider Artist

What type of music do you listen to?

dope_5 likes this.
  18. Elf_lover

Elf_lover Artist

Mainstream mostly but if a good song comes up from a new group it will get my attention.

LongAssRider likes this.
  19. reveluvs

reveluvs Rookie

Neither really, Its so hard for me to find groups i actually like...a lot of mainstream ones i just cant get into. The only nugu groups i listen to are day6, pentagon (is that nugu?), and kinda clc. For Mainstream groups i only listen to bts, seventeen, & Red Velvet. I want to find more nugu groups but idk how to find them! lol

20. Summerella_Fairy

I listen to a lot of small groups. Like CLC, Oh My Girl, Monsta X. There's a lot a lot hidden gems but kpop fans don't usually experiment they just go for the most public one in my opinion. I really wanted A.C.E to win best rookie boy group but then Wanna One came along with their over-hyped song that isnt even that good. It's disappointing

Alastrina likes this.