Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Kpop idols eyes anyone else noticed?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Mystica, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Mystica

Mystica Trainee

hey guys, this topic isn't for being rude or harsh this is something I noticed since i got involved in kpop world back in 2009 anyway lets get in the thread.
    I have noticed there is some eye skew or skew deviation in some idols .. I am not sure if this is the name of the thing, i am not a doctor, but i have the same thing in my eyes and my doctor told me to wear a glasses. So, for the people who didn't understand what I am referring to .. here are a few photos

snsd ladies
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    CL
    [​IMG]

Notice their eyes are not in the same direction!
    more clear

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I seriously don't know whether they have weakness of view or its just part of their genetics?
    anyway i am going to put some idols who have normal eyes
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hope u get what i mean .. what do you think?

2. Eziio

Eziio Star

They all looks fine to me...?

Exbbsy12, Linn21 and symlgs like this.
  3. symlgs

symlgs Artist

Sorry I actually don't get what you mean, can you explain it a bit better?

Haeryn and Eziio like this.
  4. Mystica

Mystica Trainee

their eyes are crossed .. not on the same direction. I cannot explain even more

symlgs likes this.
  5. Haeryn

Haeryn Artist

I researched it to understand what you meant and isn't it supposed to be a little more obvious ? I don't really see it in the photos you shared. But then again, I don't really know anything about it. Except maybe on the Hyuna pic but she's not looking straight ahead so it's hard to tell.
    [​IMG]

symlgs likes this.
  6. symlgs

symlgs Artist

Ohh okay gotchu.
    I don't see anything wrong with their eyes, I think it has to do with the direction they look to and the angle the photo is taken.
    But I'm not an expert so what I'm saying won't make any sense lol.

7. _CLeO

_CLeO Artist

I notice it a lot

8. ArieIIe

ArieIIe Entertainer

seems normal to me

#8 ArieIIe, Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  9. xSeulgi

xSeulgi Rookie

I've noticed it as well, I'm not quite sure what causes it but from what I understood after reading about it a little bit was that it may be from weaker muscles in the eye, or that are connected to the eye. But because it doesn't seem like an actual serious case of "crossed eyes" where both eyes are sort of misplaced(?) it might be a lesser case of lazy eye. Either way, I first noticed it with Kara's Youngji.[​IMG]
    Edit: Another example to kind of show a bit better what I mean. (If only every other picture wasn't mirrored.)

[​IMG]

#9 xSeulgi, Apr 21, 2017
    xwhisperx and Mystica like this.
  10. xwhisperx

xwhisperx Artist

I see what your getting at, i myself have weak eye, no in a sense in sight, more so if i don't focus in a certain direction properly or it i'm focus in a awkward position, it literally will float of tothe side, i can do it on demand it feels weird...

But the pictures you shown,doesn't suggest that (only CL but she's always been slightly cross eyed weak eyed) there's multiple things that can explain these pictures
    *the angle in the picture is some are taken
    *the angle of which the person head is.
    *what their focusing on how far away it is.

Also the other thing is the shape of eyes, quite a few of idols.. have two different shaped eyes (some just slightly others more noticeable) and some of them have Hooded/folded like, inner corners in which when looking to the side can block out the rest of the white of your eye in comparison to the other white of the eyes you see on the outer corners.
    (I also have these two 'issues....my eyes are weird....but my eye sight is great xD)

i would say some maybe slightly off postion but not enough to warrant them to have to check it out.

#10 xwhisperx, Apr 21, 2017
    Mystica likes this.
  11. southclubstan

southclubstan Artist

This is called Squint.You usually need to wear glasses or get a surgery in which they tighten your eyes muscles.

12. emanresu10

emanresu10 Artist

Ohhh Yoona so pretty...
    [​IMG]

(Sorry I'm not contributing... Just can't help it when I see pretty Yoong.)

Mystica likes this.
  13. BABYzz_ARMY

BABYzz_ARMY Trainee

for me they all look normal exept for CL , i do understand what you are talking about ,my sister has the same problem but sometimes it's not obvious you really have to concentrate in order to notice it . But the only way to fix it is by wearing glasses so maybe idol's just don't want to .

14. ImFive

ImFive Entertainer

i see it from time to time but it doesn't bother me. what bothers me is the lower half from the right of their eyes :cryingr: you know the surgery they do to stretch their eyes so they cut (or whatever) half of the right side of the eye and it really really creeps me out :angryr: so i try not to notice it :nervousk: