Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

International Articles on BTS' Comeback (Twitter, PC and iHeart the new Jeff?)

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by GoldenIdun, Aug 12, 2017 at 4:38 AM.

1. GoldenIdun

GoldenIdun Artist

The hype is slowly building guys... The plan is to keep this thread somewhat updated with all the latest international media exposure that BTS' comeback season generates and look at what the foreign media is actually writing about them :)

Twitter moments, iHeart and People's Choice seem to be regularly writing about the comeback whenever there are new developments. Here's some of the international companies and media hyping up this comeback after the release of the posters, check 'em out if you haven't already:

Articles:
    AMP Radio "The BTS Comeback Has Begun…And The World Is Watching" (Mike Adam says BTS will go mainstream in US) ~ TLDR version
    _
    Fuse "THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO BTS' 'LOVE YOURSELF' COMEBACK" (Jeff spilling the tea on Smeraldo!!!) ~ TLDR version
    _
    ET Canada "BTS’ Return Trends Number One Worldwide On Twitter In 30 Minutes" ~ TLDR version

People's Choice "THIS MOMENT FROM BTS’ FIRST ‘LOVE YOURSELF’ TEASER WILL CRUSH YOU"

iHeart "BTS Releases "Love Yourself" Highlight Reel (VIDEO)"

People's Choice
    "BTS’ LATEST ‘LOVE YOURSELF’ POSTERS DECODED"
    _
    Billboard PH "BTS ANNOUNCES ‘LOVE YOURSELF’ SERIES, NEW MUSIC IN SEPTEMBER" ~ TLDR version
    _
    Metro "K-pop giants BTS announce ‘Love Yourself’ series in mysterious poster"
    _
    Fuse "BTS ANNOUNCE NEW MUSIC IN SEPTEMBER WITH 'LOVE YOURSELF' POSTER"
    _
    Popcrush "BTS Kick Off Their ‘Love Yourself’ Campaign: Why Is Jungkook in a Wheelchair?"
    _
    IDOBI "See All 7 BTS Teaser Posters for the ‘Love Yourself’ Series and Our Reaction!" ~ TLDR version
    _
    Popcrush "BTS Keeps Fans Woke With Individual ‘Love Yourself’ Campaign Images"
    _
    Just Jared jr "K-Pop Band BTS Debut Posters To Promote Upcoming Single 'Love Yourself'"
    _
    People's Choice "BTS’ MYSTERIOUS ‘LOVE YOURSELF’ SERIES LEAVES FANS WITH ONE BIG QUESTION"
    _
    iHeart "BTS Drops New Comeback Poster for 'Love Yourself'"
    _
    Celeb Mix "BTS Tease New Project ‘Love Yourself’"

Social Media:
    Twitter Moments

Shazam
    MTV EMA

#1 GoldenIdun, Aug 12, 2017 at 4:38 AM
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017 at 4:57 PM
  2. GoldenIdun

GoldenIdun Artist

Here are some of the most interesting parts of the listed articles :D Some of this info I didn't even know myself!

And as we know BTS' US publicist has contacted multiple music critics and journalists, telling them to look up specific fan theories and giving them clues to solving the comeback mysteries. So Jeff writing an article about Smeraldo after this reveal, is telling us #Smeraldo is real :p

ET Canada:
    by Shakiel Mahjouri

The return of South Korean sensations BTS has Twitter glued to their screens.

The band’s new concept campaign “Love Yourself” has officially launched after a new poster was shared on all of the band’s social media platforms. Within 30 minutes, “#LOVE_YOURSELF” was the number one Twitter trend worldwide.

“Love Yourself” is a new concept series which will continue through 2017 and 2018. It is described as a continuation of BTS’ past concepts introducing previous recordings for “School”, “The Most Beautiful”, “Moment in Life” and “WINGS”.
    (cont.)

Fuse:
    By Jeff Benjamin

THE BUILD UP
    BTS' latest album Wings broke records at home (the South Korean Gaon chart reported it broke their record for highest-selling album in the chart's history), in America (earning the best week sales ever for a K-pop album in the U.S.) and around the world (even hitting No. 62 in the U.K.). The LP gave the band their first million-selling record in Korea and moved about 25,000 copies in America in its first month. With a hugely successful accompanying tour and a major spotlight put on them when they won Top Social Artist at the Billboard Music Awards, BTS and their fans have made them one of the most exciting K-pop acts to watch.

After a successful deluxe version of Wings was release titled You Never Walk Alone in February—that landed the band another sweeping success with its single "Spring Day" becoming a minor hit stateside—rumors began swirling that the band would keep their momentum going with a late-2017 release.
    THEORIES
    "SMERALDO": A fan's theory about BTS' latest concept went viral and seemed to indicate an intricate thought process behind the release. Details have been gathered on various websites, noting everything began when member Jin shared a photo on BTS' accounts of himself holding a bouquet of flowers with the caption "Smeraldo":

Smeraldo is not a real word nor flower, but fans quickly went into action looking up possible meanings with one finding a florist's blog who is opening a shop called "Flower Smeraldo." Fans noticed one of the images on the blog was titled "BTS_Smerlado" and that an Instagram account was also opened under the name "Flower Smeraldo" featuring flowers similar to the ones Jin posted.

More connections began popping up as fans noticed the smeraldo flower shop would open in September, the same month BTS was scheduled to release their comeback album. There is also mention of "The Smeraldo Academy" opening on September 12, 2013 a.k.a. the birthday of BTS leader Rap Monster. Even more curious is how the blog was created on July 4 a.k.a. the same day BTS unveiled their new logo and name meaning.

Fans have been running amock trying to piece the supposed clues together with some thinking they connect BTS' story from past albums:

Whatever it all means, it all appears the BTS guys have been thinking long and hard about their next musical step with the flower idea only further pushed with Jin's poster reveal.

FORMAT
    Despite an initial press release announcing BTS' next release would be an EP (or "mini-album" as known in South Korea), the official word is that it is currently undecided if BTS will return with a full-length release, EP or single.
    (cont.)

Billboard PH:

by Tamar Herman

Boy band of the minute BTS is telling fans to “Love Yourself” ahead of new music in September.

The act revealed the title of their upcoming conceptual series via a faux film poster on Twitter featuring member Jungkook. Love Yourself marks the start of a new era for BTS, their first since the group won a BBMA in May. It precedes new music to be released in September, the first new original music from the act since February’s You Never Walk Alone, the follow up to their Wings album, both of which landed on the Billboard 200.

Since the start of their career, the septet has emphasized particular themes for multiple albums through their School, The Most Beautiful Moment in Life and WINGSseries’.

BTS’ Rap Monster hinted to the group’s latest concept during the his award speech after the band received the Top Social award at the BBMAs. “Please, ARMY, remember what we say: love myself, love yourself,” the band leader said, teasing a clue about the new direction while addressing BTS’ fan ARMY directly.

Never ones to hold back on giving eagle-eyed ARMYs a hint or two, the poster featuring Jungkook is just the first of several that will be “filled with clues as to what is to come next.”
    (cont.)

#2 GoldenIdun, Aug 12, 2017 at 5:45 AM
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017 at 4:29 AM
  3. GoldenIdun

GoldenIdun Artist

IDOBI:

Our Reaction
    I am extremely excited about this Love Yourself concept and curious to see how they weave it all together. Big Hit really puts a lot of thought into these concepts and they are really deep—they connect each album with all of their future albums…it’s like a long running story. Very creative!!

Big Hit has literally opened up mysterious Twitter and Instagram accounts to lead “ARMY” on a search for info. This company is doing it right for sure…and this #Love_Yourself comeback is definitely going to be something special.

Also, Suga’s new poster reflects his own feelings, he is deeply emotional in his personal life and has openly written lyrics about it under his Agust D albums. And Jimin’s poster says, “I lied, because there’s no reason to love someone like me.” Well his song on the Wings/You Never Walk Alone album was “Lie” and he sings about how he was caught in a lie.

The theories are all over the place, I have gone through the lyrics on the Wingsalbum and in several of the songs Rap Monster talks about loving yourself. In his single “Reflection” he says, “I wish I could love myself” then in “Cypher 4” the lyric:

I love I love I love myself
    I love I love I love myself
    I know I know I know myself
    Ya playa haters you should love yourself

This is repeated through many of the songs on the Wings album. I believe that each poster, and its message, links back to each member’s single on Wings. When one reads the lyrics you can make the connections. For example, JHope’s poster states “If you shine, I’ll be ok”.

His lyrics from his single “Mama” state:

But I didn’t know that my mom’s big contribution
    Didn’t create a shortcut, but rather
    A shining path of dream

His mother was worried for him but still supported him in following his dream. There are connections in everything.

As for Jin’s smeraldo flowers…it didn’t surprise anyone to see him holding the flowers in his poster…also the parallels between his poster and his song “Awake” from Wings are there for us to explore.

Jungkook’s poster…I’m still working on how that ties in…I have some ideas floating…his single on the Wings album was “Begin”; maybe his is about taking care of yourself or you’ll get sick. Not sure yet…I’ll get back to you…

One thing is for sure BTS and Big Hit have done it again. This is concept and the mystery of it all, has fans, websites and even Billboard talking, searching and thinking…the excitement is building! Everyone is an investigator…and it’s fun! It will definitely be exciting to see which theories are proven correct…there are so many out there. Mine is simple…

#LOVE_YOURSELF Concept Theory:
    Wings opens us up to their struggles–>overcoming those struggles in the new album–>then live happily and Love Yourself even though you may have faults.

BTS albums are a journey, from their first to this upcoming one, each concept builds and helps form the next album. I just hope that Love Yourself is the first of many new chapters in the story…I want to hear from this group for years to come.

NYHTJ3trash likes this.
  4. noticemesenpai04

The exposure is real people

Person24 and GoldenIdun like this.
  5. HarryBJ

HarryBJ Artist

I'll use up the links just for OP, only like biggie s haha

noticemesenpai04 and GoldenIdun like this.
  6. propanda

propanda Moderator
    Staff Member

ReadMyFanfic2 is probably referring bunch of threads about BTS's posters that were here, but got deleted as dublicated by another mods (expect one of course). However since this thread seems to be more of international articles and exposure that BTS's poster has got(?), I think it's fine without being merged to poster thread/comeback thread. It's just that if there is too many articles with similar topic they get either merged or deleted for being duplicates.

#6 propanda, Aug 12, 2017 at 6:39 AM
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017 at 6:55 AM
  7. kamypop

kamypop Star

Yep, that's what I stated that when a bunch of pictures are released it should be in one only and not an hundred but this thread had a different topic even if related to the comeback :) !

Multifandom_hoe and GoldenIdun like this.
  8. GoldenIdun

GoldenIdun Artist

Yes it's not actually about the posters, but about the international media exposure and what they're writing about BTS :) The plan was to keep the list somewhat updated with whatever new articles come out about BTS during the comeback season, regardless of whether they focus on the posters/teasers/theories or not.

@ReadMyFanfic2 sorry this'll be the last quote I promise! Don't worry, you're completely fine :D You didn't do anything wrong, just stated your opinion. But if you're worried and want to, we can always ask @propanda if she wants to delete your initial comments (I could use the first two comments anyway) ;) Up to you ofc!

ReadMyFanfic2 likes this.
  9. ReadMyFanfic2

ReadMyFanfic2 Artist

nah it's cool :p

GoldenIdun likes this.
  10. HarryBJ

HarryBJ Artist

Okk so still far :

Hollywood lyfe, clevver news is yet to report right...I'm going to start spamming Indian news sites to check it out as well....also...

the OP of official thread is almost ready, plzz feel free to give suggestions in my inbox, @Multifandom_hoe , I have decided to include pictures, I've given them for resizing I'll replace the tweets by pics tomorrow, and I didn't get a good divider yet I'm sorry T.T ,

GoldenIdun and Multifandom_hoe like this.
  11. HarryBJ

HarryBJ Artist

Mochiiiiiiii

12. Multifandom_hoe

you are doing a good job. OP but don't stress too much, the OP is gorgeous regardless.

HarryBJ likes this.
  13. Sephir8

Sephir8 Star

WHAT IS HAPPENING

Person24 and ReadMyFanfic2 like this.
  14. GoldenIdun

GoldenIdun Artist

I am 99% sure Clevver is gonna make some sort of coverage too
    :merongk:
    Just waiting for it to drop!

Wait are you planning on translating Indian articles? Cause that would be cool! I thought about translating the Korean ones, but idk if that's a good idea...

Oh and the cb OP already looks so good!!!! You did a good job!

HarryBJ likes this.
  15. HarryBJ

HarryBJ Artist

Getting BTS on Hollywood lyfe is kinda important that website is regularly visited by many Selena's and Justin' s fans, some might check it up ....we can only hope:p

Daliaah and GoldenIdun like this.
  16. HarryBJ

HarryBJ Artist

If Indian articles will be there it will be in English, however there are 23+ active languages spoken in India so I only know 2/23 lol ....but yeah Bangtanindia from twitter will sure get it translated, they have huge coverage

17. GoldenIdun

GoldenIdun Artist

23+ languages!
    [​IMG]
    Oh wow!

HarryBJ likes this.
  18. Multifandom_hoe

I have the urge to steal your sig lol.:cryingk:

HarryBJ likes this.
  19. HarryBJ

HarryBJ Artist

Go ahead no problem....ohh @GoldenIdun made it, .....which reminds me I gotta credit everyone who helped my to design to OP , I'll do it soon

GoldenIdun likes this.
  20. HarryBJ

HarryBJ Artist

If u count local languages it could reach 50 in fact lol, India is huuuge country ( 2nd after china), and extreme diversity (2nd to US perhaps)

GoldenIdun likes this.