Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

BIG3 SUCKS

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by B2st_261707, Jul 17, 2017 at 3:59 PM.

1. B2st_261707

B2st_261707 Artist

along with majority of korean entertainment companies. They all have their drawbacks whether it's promotion or treatment of artists.
    in my opinion the only companies that i consider GOOD are fantagio(even though i'm pretty sure they have no clue how to manage a girl group) starship and yuehua.
    here are the problems with big3

YG-majority of their vocalists need serious training from SM vocal coaches. (minus lee hi and suhyun.) Company wise YG gives artists comebacks like once a year unless he really likes them (coughs blackpink) and ditches the rest off to the side.(lee hi katie kim). SHIT at promoting. Also Oh god their fans are TOXIC. And now blinks are turning into ARMYs for a girl group.

JYP-keeps the hype for 5-6 years then downhill. IDK jyp was never strong when it came to boy groups, also vocalists need to go back and get trained properly.(you know which group i'm talking about).

SM-probably the most consistent with promoting and comebacks(minus suju f(x), but my god they treat their idols horribly. making wendy go on that diet is a perfect example. she didn't just read hate comments and decide to lose weight, SM forced her into it.

lmao and don't get me started with CUBE, FNC, AND MBK....

nosananolyf, Yngbns, eigb10 and 2 others like this.
  2. ELF_L

ELF_L Artist

Life sucks

And then it gets better

And then it sucks again

chiblet28, OnehoeforWonho and koschei like this.
  3. melipolino

melipolino Super Rookie

I would also add BigHit to the list of good companies, at least for now. They manage BTS pretty well and also are quick to address scandals and rumors.
    This could all change though if they ever decide to add more groups to their lineup. Many companies went downhill from that point onwards...

OnehoeforWonho and Fyla like this.
  4. IlikekpopIguess

IlikekpopIguess Entertainer

I think if yg could actully hire some good vocal coaches and let their artist consistently release music(we know they can produce songs efficiantly) they would be a great company, but I guess the world is just a bad place *sigh*

5. IlikekpopIguess

IlikekpopIguess Entertainer

They should also train their vocalists better though, like seriously they might be as bad or even worse than yg, if they don't proritize vocals more their singers can seriously hurt their voices

6. ex0ticprid3

ex0ticprid3 Artist

All of the companies treat their idols poorly, but it's part of the korean culture. But I agree SM is more harsh than other, if SM would be a little bit better to their artist the company would be the best (although right now it is the best) but I guess they don't trust their artists

OnehoeforWonho likes this.
  7. Sayjay13

Sayjay13 Super Rookie

And then there's Pledis. . .

OnehoeforWonho and melipolino like this.
  8. B2st_261707

B2st_261707 Artist

oh how could i forget pledis that idiotic company.

OnehoeforWonho and Sayjay13 like this.
  9. Kariyu

Kariyu Entertainer

They're doing well with their newer groups and they've gone farther than any company I've seen in order to bring NU'EST back (granted they only tried to bring them back bc of how popular NU'EST was at debut) but then you look at After School and..... yeah

EDIT: I'm only talking about promoting their groups to become and stay popular here

#9 Kariyu, Jul 17, 2017 at 4:31 PM
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017 at 4:44 PM
    OnehoeforWonho and melipolino like this.
  10. melipolino

melipolino Super Rookie

Yeah thats seriously true. Last time they got decent vocal training was probably back during AHS when they trained with the Gospel singer. V’s voice has never sounded better honestly...

IlikekpopIguess likes this.
  11. seungriseyo

seungriseyo Artist

sm's rappers need serious training from YG

Sugar_Hugs and Kariyu like this.
  12. Sayjay13

Sayjay13 Super Rookie

And corporal punishment on Seventeen. . . and otherwise horrible treatment of all their groups. . .
    http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016...ertainment-for-stealing-from-members-and-more

Shitty treatment of NU'EST
    http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016...inst-the-labels-unfair-treatment-to-the-group

13. Kariyu

Kariyu Entertainer

Might as well just have a company exchange program, SM trainees go to YG for rap and YG trainees go to SM for vocals

14. halcyondigest

halcyondigest Super Rookie

But they're pretty much guaranteed success (relatively in some cases), wouldn't some say that putting up with any shitty or unappealing business decisions is a decent trade-off for a higher shot at success? I don't care how nice of a company Yuehua seems like or how little YG promotes their artists, given the choice to be in Winner or UNIQ I'll pick Winner every time.

Also seems obvious to me that some companies would be better at training idols in certain areas than others, I don't think that's really a valid point.

15. Kariyu

Kariyu Entertainer

16. ex0ticprid3

ex0ticprid3 Artist

I remember that show, to be honest V did so great and improved a lot with the help of that lady but it didn't last...

melipolino likes this.
  17. Darkyoda47

Darkyoda47 Star

IMO SM is the worst out of the 3. They forget morality because they're always looking for profitability. They might train their idols well and they also might promote them to the best of their abilities but they treat them like expandable products. Honestly, the inhumanity in most of their dietary and injury decisions for their idols scare me.

melipolino likes this.
  18. ex0ticprid3

ex0ticprid3 Artist

It's true that SM lacks on that aspect but they have showed major improvement with NCT, Mark and Taeyong are really good for idol rappers

melipolino likes this.
  19. southclubstan

southclubstan Artist

YG boy group vocals aren't bad.Seungyoon was a participant of Superstar k and came 4th which is the highest for an idol.
    Haters usually call iKON bad vocals but even Fantastic Duo called them a strong vocal group.They are pretty good for a hip hop group

melipolino likes this.
  20. melipolino

melipolino Super Rookie

Yeah BigHit is truly wasting V’s talent. I mean his parts are 40% just shouting, not even singing, like in Fire for example. Even though he has one of the most unique and smooth vocals in the whole industry.

ex0ticprid3 likes this.