Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Artists who couldn't get a music show win for a deserving comeback due to bad timing.

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Taekira, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Taekira

Taekira Artist

As we know already, different agencies try to avoid having comebacks during the comeback of a more popular artist
    Some of them from last year are
    TWICE
    BigBang
    BTS
    EXO

Well can't blame them for being popular but

There are many deserving artists who came up with really good songs but couldn't get a win b'coz of bad timing.
    This is a thread dedicated to them, so if you feel like they deserved a win(or more wins than they got) for their comeback but couldn't then feel free to mention them. Also it'd be great to post a video of the title song so people can watch but that's only optional. ^-^

For example:
    In my case the october comebacks were really hectic:
    IMO even thought Monsta X couldn't get a win due to bad timings I think so they would have if they came back at a different time. B'coz the Clan Pt.2, Fighter deserved a win

2. raquelrope

raquelrope Artist

They deserve wins since forever

3. Uncommon_FatGirl

This.... Is such a shame they didn't won anything

4. kpopenthusiast12

kpopenthusiast12 Entertainer

First thing that crossed my mind when I read the title of this thread

kareshirt, jypnloves, Envyy and 7 others like this.
  5. raquelrope

raquelrope Artist

B.A.P is so underrated that hurts

6. Taekira

Taekira Artist

TS should have treated them better b'coz they'd be big otherwise. :(

kareshirt, Skinner17, crowboy and 2 others like this.
  7. 2jelooppar

2jelooppar Entertainer

Def Monsta X. And I Feel You deserved to win. Also I hope AOA wins with Excuse me but due to netizen hate + Big Bang I don't think so :(

8. kpopenthusiast12

kpopenthusiast12 Entertainer

I know what you mean. I love them to death no matter what and I'm glad that they're a lot happier now, but every time I hear people talking about how EXO, BTS, and GOT7 are breaking records left and right (have you seen the list of records that BTS broke because of Blood, Sweat, and Tears), it breaks my heart. B.A.P is supposed to be among them doing the same thing and having the success and recognition that they rightfully deserved. TS not only screwed B.A.P over, but also themselves because B.A.P was the money maker. All of that hard work gone down the drain. Like I said, they're happier now, which is most important.

kareshirt, Envyy, Skinner17 and 3 others like this.
  9. Mai_Turn

Mai_Turn Artist

In my opinion BTOB should have win for their latest comeback ("I'll be your man").. However they had to went against TWICE, when I remember it right, so the timing was really bad :/

10. Haeryn

Haeryn Artist

I know they were already mentioned (by the way, technically, Skydive had a win) but more than Skydive, I feel like One Shot deserved to be their first win so much.

Also, BtoB I'll Be Your Man should have had a win.

11. ladydahlia629

ladydahlia629 Super Rookie

I would have to say Nine Muses because they've been consistent with their releases, but bad timing always seems to be a problem for them because of bad timing. One example of this was when there was the massive "Battle of the Girl Groups" during the Summer of 2015 and Nine Muses decided to join in and released "Hurt Locker".

Unfortunately, there weren't close enough to win any music shows with the tough competition with the girl groups that were promoting (like AOA and Sistar) and also Bigbang along the lines.

12. raquelrope

raquelrope Artist

B.A.P debuted in the same year as EXO and BTS debuted one year later. idk if you are baby since their debut. I am. I saw their debut and it was awesome. Everyone loved them They made so much success, they had their own variety show.
    But on the road, TS fucked them. EXO and BTS succeed because their agencies are smart. It hurt to see all their work, especifically Bang HARD ASF work wasted.

Only Minhyuk alone is reason sufficient to why they should've won

kareshirt, Envyy, 2jelooppar and 2 others like this.
  13. Oh_Kill_Em

Oh_Kill_Em Star

Seeing B.A.P in this thread makes me kinda sad, who knows what level of success they could have been at by now had TS treated them properly. They were so popular and nowhere near their peak but they ended up peaking anyway because of the hiatus:(

kareshirt, raquelrope, Envyy and 2 others like this.
  14. bonbonfairy

bonbonfairy Artist

Lovelyz (they released Destiny on the same day as Cheer Up from Twice and Love Letter/Pretty U from Seventeen... the same exact day omg!!! : ( )
    (Destiny was also the era where the company was approached by some high up American music producer... which could have been played up with mediaplay or whatever but they mentioned it once and then that was it!! : ( )
    also I'm listing Lovelyz again because instead of further promoting Ah-Choo when it started becoming super popular (it was a sleeper hit... which figures because of course they don't get an outright normal hit ugh... : ( ), Woollim decided to give them a new track to promote that did nowhere near as well as Ah-Choo which only came out a couple of months before it (Ah-Choo came out in October and For You in December)... if there was ever a time to extend a promotion period to the point of absolute madness (i.e. wjsn and momomo) then THIS would have been that time, woollim omg!! : (
    (during the ah-choo era they even went viral with their acapella cover of Beat It by Michael Jackson... like, this was their time to get popular and Woollim dropped the ball on them so many times)
    Also Ah-Choo came out a month after Dumb Dumb by Red Velvet so by the time Lovelyz were promoting on music shows Red Velvet was already active and winning them... adding in the short promotion period for Ah-Choo and you have a group who could've easily been in the running for no. 1 missing the opportunity terribly!! : (

And now the company is setting their sights on possibly releasing a new girl group, ugh!! This makes me so sad i want to crey, Lovelyz were so close omg i can't do this!! : (

kareshirt, iisstf28, Taekira and 2 others like this.
  15. iislana

iislana Entertainer

Vixx. After they announced their comeback on the 31st, like 5 people after that announced comebacks for the same day.

Taekira likes this.
  16. MrAkimo123

MrAkimo123 Super Rookie

Well it cant be avoid to . Even though BB only attend inkigayo , they still win on MCD & MUSIC BANK ( even though KBS ban Fxxk it ) . So it cant be avoid . Without a promo popular group still can win . BIGBANG will obviously get 5500 points on digital while EXO & BTS get full points on physical . Same goes to TWICE they are balance in physical and digital .

kareshirt and Taekira like this.
  17. raeunnie

raeunnie Rookie

18. Hopkinz

Hopkinz Entertainer

Queens of coming back at JUST the wrong time

Taekira likes this.
  19. Taekira

Taekira Artist

I think so the fact that you can "avoid" the music show or not depends on how well balanced you are as you mentioned, unless your physicals,streaming, digitals and pre-voting is there to cover up for you, I don't think so you can make it without the "live-voting". Well if you can that means you are hella popular. :)

20. scoops

scoops Super Rookie

well, monsta x in general are just underrated. but anyway- monsta x. i need me boys a 1st win!! and vixx, they planned it right before lotto comeback.

not to mention the whole pt.2 album was litty as tarnations
    ok it's either the closer or fantasy, i think it's the closer (exo went out with lotto during their promo)

#20 scoops, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    MonstaXisLife and Taekira like this.