Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Anybody get frustrated by relevant yet irrelevant faves

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by haylucky, Mar 15, 2017.

1. haylucky

haylucky Star

in my case it's Got7

For others it monsta X

What I mean is groups that have a large following but are not established or respected or stable or are pretty much questionable when they get any sort of year end award since their numbers don't par up to the award or the fact that they have so much talent but the music doesn't meet expectations.

Does anyone else feel like this or is it just me I know moonbebes swear up and down that monsta x stage win needed to happen like yesterday and Igot7 are confused with JYP production plan and the overbearing international schedules yet neglecting Korea.

I have seen other fandoms like red velvet feel this way too maybe for different reasons

But what are yours ?

2. Shimera_K

Shimera_K Entertainer

3. kamypop

kamypop Artist

I am lucky enough to be in a position where I dont feel like that ^^!

4. haylucky

haylucky Star

Let me be like you I have anxiety over this Got7 comeback

Elizabeth_Xin and kamypop like this.
  5. prii_chu

prii_chu Trainee

yeah... i can totally see this being the case for got7.

haylucky likes this.
  6. RainingStarlight

RainingStarlight Super Rookie

I wish Got7 had better music, because their personality is great and they're talented.
    MonstaX has better music and are one of the strongest rookies to debut. They didn't even seem like rookies. I can see them getting a win soon. They're rising in popularity pretty quick and already has 1 million followers on V-app
    B.A.P is respected by many, yet people ignore their b-tracks kinda fustrates me.

7. MonstaXisLife

I remember when people were saying they made up an award just for Monsta X

smh
    people :rolleyes:

shantafanta likes this.
  8. KoShinwon

KoShinwon Entertainer

i get frustrated by this all the time
    except my faves arent relevant

like, people know who they are, they've heard their name before, but don't care enough to pay attention past "oh i like that title track of theirs"

like don't you see that pentagon deserves the world!!!!! the world, i tell you!!!!!!!!

YouNeverKnowNow likes this.
  9. GZBI_CH

GZBI_CH Trainee

Seventeen.
    Like fr. Are they popular or are they not idk. They seem relevant but ive seen ppl say they aint im just confused. o_O

10. anna34

anna34 Rookie

Honestly Block B. Clearly they're popular, talented and relevant (check the charts) but at the same time, Ifans sleep on them. And despite being a big group, they didn't attend the year end shows last year, neither did they win anything aside from 1 award. I hope they win more this year and everyone stops sleeping on talent T_T.

11. IwilleatBomishit

To alot of people Apink seems irrlevant know. They think Apink is past their peak and they're flopping. Like people acknowledge them but I'm sad they will not be relavant anymore.

Nct is not my bias group but are people sleeping on them? Their recent comeback was good.

12. Shimera_K

Shimera_K Entertainer

In korea they are
    But idk their international fandom is ok

13. keyboardwarrior7

I think Got7 is still growing. This is their third year, and it's a crucial year since we don't want to be hitting their 4th or 5th year and still saying they're "growing", lol.

But, they sold 240k physicals (not all that can be international), but they are still tanking the Korean charts. But, they are starting to hit the big variety shows in Korea, and they are promoting a little smarter this time around I think. I don't think they have hit their peak yet.

My bet is if their next title track finally manages to live up to the expectations fans have been having since "If You Do" (not dissing Never Ever since it is seriously growing on me), they'll be sitting pretty.