Current Events

83-year-old mother takes care of a son for 28 years after he's unable to stand due to a hit-and-run accident

By yckim124   11 days ago   22,060   90   11

83-year-old Jung Gu Hee has been nursing her paralyzed son for the past 28 years.

On the recent airing of 'Capture that Moment How Is that Possible', the story about Jung Gu Hee and her son Song Wan Seop (53) was shared.

Song Wan Seop severely injured the lower part of his body following a hit-and-run accident when he was just 23-years-old. His legs have become extremely weak after multiple surgeries, which ultimately made it impossible for him to sit or stand.  Spinal stenosis is also a factor that caused his inability to walk.

As a result, Song Wan Seop had to live laying down on his stomach in the small room of his house for the past 28 years. The only reason he was able to live through the brutal conditions was his mother who took care of him by his side.

SEE ALSO: 51 Koreans arrested for smuggling over 5,000 pounds of gold in their private parts

Jung Gu Hee shared concerns about her son, saying, "I'm able to take care of him now but I'm worried about who would be taking care of him after I'm gone."

Song Wan Seop also shared a comment, and said, "I just want to take a walk around my neighborhood. I even dream of just going outside sitting in a wheelchair."

1. Buzz

cmerle1 10 days ago

As a nurse, I would gladly go over to Korea and help take care of him, even not knowing any Korean. She needs a lot of help and it can wear on you.

zippys420 11 days ago

A mother's love knows no bounds.

princess101 11 days ago

I can imagine the tears both have shed over the years. The mother in pain for her child because of what he went through and her fear of leaving him alone when she has passed. And on his part, I can imagine  him feeling sad for not being able to do things for himself, and he may even feel guilty because instead of him taking care of his aging mother she is the one still caring for him. It's  heartbreaking.

k_kid 11 days ago

Practically no comments on stuff like this from Korea. If this article was based on racism, it would've had at least 500 comments bashing Koreans on the first hour.

boicemusic94 11 days ago

oh no.. This is such a sad new I am hearing on my birthday :( That hit-and-run person should be ashamed walking around freely when he/she made this guy's life paralyzed for life. That person should be punished for the rest of his/her life!

LittleSukie 11 days ago

Mother's love is the greatest. We kids can be a bit too much from time to time but our parents still put up with us. Hats down to this woman. Both she and her son are very brave and strong.

Cutie888 11 days ago

Am I the only one crying?

amberisagirl Cutie888 11 days ago

Trust me, you aren't :(

amberisagirl 11 days ago

:( This makes me so sad. Hopefully something better happened to both of them.

TzuyuGirl 11 days ago

and what about the person who hit him and run , is that person free and enjoying their lives , ahh piss me off what happen in this world

Moomoomineelvis 11 days ago

Bless her sweet sweet soulMind you in some family you turn 18 and you're out. Handicap or not.I wish her and him both a very long life and lots of happiness.

totes